Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 23, 2024, 07:42:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: next round  (Read 10916 times)
Snooch
Private First Class

live free die well my brothers

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2008, 06:28:02 AM »

some of my friends and i are sick of how spaceO is now and we have big plans for next round this will be different some of us have been talking and we think that non ataive players will have no place in our aliances and now we have something to show next round this is a heads up so that anyone that wants in just needs to ask. wow only exp players are alowed in and so if anyone wants to change spaceO to how it used to be then join us in our campain we do not like that new players start then go and never read the guide to learn how to play so were going to stand up and take charge of wat we love about this game

yours truly Snooch(#9922) 
Report to moderator   Logged
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 07:16:19 AM »

I'm sorry....I don't understand a single thing you just said
Captain_Nano
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »

Well although I don't see anything new in that idea I've implemented something similar already.

As the leader for HeavensGate Omega I implemented the following around 3 weeks ago for my members:

-must be in top 100 at all times
***(especially near the first few weeks of a round it is so easy to stay in top 100 if you are even alittle active)

-must log in once every 3 days at least

-members must also show some effort to improve even if it's only a little

-I will never have members who are less than 500 mill fp
***(unless it's near the beginning of the round &/or if there are reason due to RL)

-Starting next round NO NEW ID# players will be allowed in my guild
***(unless they are willing to take an entrance exam I made to test their knowledge of the game's basics)

Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:57:30 AM »

nano and snooch,
and how can this make the game better or attract new players?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:09:57 AM by Genotype » Report to moderator   Logged
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »

Of course it will attract new players omg. The new players would group up and make a huge advertisiment campaign to beat these two up 16 jk

Yeah nano, thats hardly going to attract anyone to server
:p

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

I would say it hard to have your alliance completely full with active and achieving players. I dont think anyone has 20 competing commanders in their alliance, even space commanders ( main server) have a few relatively inactive ones. (Taking them as an example as they are the current top ranked alliance)
 Personally I'd say to go for a compromise, and reserve maybe 5 places for new players to be trained, with the understanding if they go inactive they will be replaced. This will help train new people but also allow your alliance to compete in the rankings.

Remember, new players are the future , so invest in them!!
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

make alliances only start out with like 10 people.. maybe even like 5 or 7.. that means the better players would split up a bit more, maybe more competition.. more good alliances

deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »

ok for those that dont know i'm stepping down as leader of RT after dday and going to G-Unit although RT will be just fine. i'm more interested in helping reestablish some of the older alliances then to stay at the helm of RT. this move will let me be myself instead of having to keep track of what everyone is doing and worring about alliance ranks. but back to topic i get what snooch is saying and i will have my alt in his alliance and we should really work on kicking inactive members from our alliances. the part i dont support is not letting inexperienced players in our alliances. if your not letting them in you need to give them a gateway to gain acceptance in the form of training alliances. it takes alot of dedication to lead a training alliance. in the end we have to take this upon ourselves to clean up this mess since we created it

Snooch
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »

yea thats wat i was trying to get across but so to keep dz movement out of it but since you did dz u put it better than i ever could wow wounded1
Captain_Nano
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »

I never said I wouldn't give newbies a chance...just require them to read the guide and take a 10 random question entrance exam to make sure they read it...

Also I'm not saying I want 20 members... I rather have only 4 members who try to improve than merely have ton's of inactive players....

But the main point is it is not our job to recruit new players it's not like I'm getting anything personally out of it if I do recruit ppl

Also I've always spent to much time trying to teach the basics of the game. Whether it's here or on sea-o I'm just plain tired of trying to help ppl that in many cases go inactive and never come back...

The goal should be only having guild with fewer active or "better quality members"

deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

I never said I wouldn't give newbies a chance...just require them to read the guide and take a 10 random question entrance exam to make sure they read it...

Also I'm not saying I want 20 members... I rather have only 4 members who try to improve than merely have ton's of inactive players....

But the main point is it is not our job to recruit new players it's not like I'm getting anything personally out of it if I do recruit ppl

Also I've always spent to much time trying to teach the basics of the game. Whether it's here or on sea-o I'm just plain tired of trying to help ppl that in many cases go inactive and never come back...

The goal should be only having guild with fewer active or "better quality members"

I understand your point about 1 in 30 will actually stick around and it wasnt a personal attack it was just a general statement of things i would like to see.

Snooch
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 03:04:18 AM »

very true dz  12
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »

Well, besides this being in the wrong area of the forum technically, the real problem is dedication. It's nearly impossible to find a good chunk of players dedicated to not only the game, but their alliance as well. nowadays, an alliance is merely a grouping people gather under while they improve themselves. There is no teamwork, no strategic alliance strikes, it's just grow, grow, grow, grow, and it's made all the Vets sick, which is why we've lost so many players, the game has lost 98% of it's strategy. It's all about how much time you can spend grinding, and if you can get lucky. It use to be all strategy, if you wanted to reach the top, you had to work with your alliance to hit the right people, at the right time, with the right types of ships, and ally with the right alliances, breaking truce with others. What you see on the Wars server, is 1/10th the PvP SO Main use to have. If you logged on to under 20 attacks (many being counters) and not being 0red, you counted yourself lucky. Now, you count yourself lucky to log on to no attacks or no ships lost.

I for one, would prefer the old days to tryign to attract new members through gimmicks. Anyone can make a good gimmick, few can make a good game, SO use to be one of those good games, but sadly, it lost its magic touch.

deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »

Ahh the good ole days, i would usually log on to no ships then vote get some ships do missions then attack everyone i could reach and then call it a day. btw that was before galaxy contracts and encounters. to_keep_order

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 06:24:34 PM »

Well, besides this being in the wrong area of the forum technically, the real problem is dedication. It's nearly impossible to find a good chunk of players dedicated to not only the game, but their alliance as well. nowadays, an alliance is merely a grouping people gather under while they improve themselves. There is no teamwork, no strategic alliance strikes, it's just grow, grow, grow, grow, and it's made all the Vets sick, which is why we've lost so many players, the game has lost 98% of it's strategy. It's all about how much time you can spend grinding, and if you can get lucky. It use to be all strategy, if you wanted to reach the top, you had to work with your alliance to hit the right people, at the right time, with the right types of ships, and ally with the right alliances, breaking truce with others. What you see on the Wars server, is 1/10th the PvP SO Main use to have. If you logged on to under 20 attacks (many being counters) and not being 0red, you counted yourself lucky. Now, you count yourself lucky to log on to no attacks or no ships lost.

I for one, would prefer the old days to tryign to attract new members through gimmicks. Anyone can make a good gimmick, few can make a good game, SO use to be one of those good games, but sadly, it lost its magic touch.

Why not get all the vets into one alliance next round and then you all can just kick everyones butts  12

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: