Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 10:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions for Wars (mainly)  (Read 7981 times)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »

Ok so now that Emi is reading the forums me and my bro (Qualopec) decided to come up with some suggestions since there is a chance they will be implemented.
Here is what we came up with:

1. Forums
We think that the forums are a little to geared toward SO Main.
We mostly play Wars but since everything in the forums seems to be about main no body used to listen to our suggestion or say that they didn't need added cause they would probably just be thrown in without testing.
So we think that maybe it could be divided into 3-4 different parts:
1. General (for things that apply to all servers and for stuff like stories, contests, games, etc.)
2. SO Main (for all things pertaining to the Main server)
3. SO Wars (for all things pertaining to the Wars server)
4. SO PVE (for all things pertaining to SO PVE)

2. Alts
We were trying to think of some ways to make alts unprofitable.
1. Ip address cannot attack same Ip address. (to prevent someone's main sponsoring their alt)
2. If you have a counter on someone with one account no other accounts with same Ip address can attack whoever the counter is on.
3. Everyone who signs up gets a special ID number. If an Ip address that is already signed up signs up for a new account they get the same number. Then that number wouldn't be allowed to be in the same alliance as itself, wouldn't be able to attack the same person twice in 24 hours, etc.
4. Have in-game Moderators who would have the power to ban someone for 1 day. Whenever they ban someone it would send a message to Emi that they (the person who banned someone) would put in the reason why they banned them. Then Emi can extend the ban, cancel it or make it permanent.

3. Bounties
1. People be able to place bounties on whoever they want.
2. Keep same fleet power restrictions. Base reward on the fleet power restrictions ie. 10x whatever fleet power restrictions would be. Whoever put the bounty on that person would then put their credits up like if they were bidding on an item in the market.
3. For commander xp base it off the money put up for the contracts. I think about 1/200,000 of credits. ie. someone does a bounty worth 50,000,000,000 credits. He would get about 250,000 commander xp.

4. Alliances
We think these could make alliances a little better.
1. Alliance members can't attack another alliance members.
2. Alliance members can't attack alliance stations or planets.
3. Make it so someone can chose to give their counter to an alliance member.
4. Give a private market for alliance members.

5. Possible PVP increase
This may help get more pvp.
1. Make an auto-inteller ie. if someone doesn't move position for 24 hours they are automatically put into intel.
2. Make a vacation mode accessible in Account that, once checked, keeps them from being auto intelled. This would automatically de-activate next time they logged on.

6. Everything Else
This is a list that doesn't really fit with anything specific.
1. Make an "Interactive Content Creator" This would work like an editor for the game then Emi could put whatever he likes into Test Server for 1-2 months then have a vote here in the forums to see if people want it added. To make sure people tested it auto pm everyone every time a new thing is being tested.
2. Make it when people sign up they automatically get signed up for the forums with the same info as their account ie. same username and pass. Also send them a pm with a link to the forums telling them to login with the same username and pass.

I think this is all we have. Please comment on it and guys don't just say "BAD IDEA" try to come up with ways to make it a good one.

One last thing not really a suggestion more of a question for everyone who plays and reads the forums.
Do you guys think that with all the negative nuts you have posted in the forums that maybe you are scaring new players away?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:34:06 PM by Jan`go Vhett » Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

well player based bountys would be a great idea, but it still says "abuse" all over it.. you would have to find a way to make it work so that players dont just place up huge bountys, let a newb kill a few trillion in p shiips, then collect the huge bounty or something... one way of abuse.. HUGE player places up HP only hulls (of massive power) allows newbie to power up and board them with the bounty.. the newbie will not only get massive bonos with the chance of captureing the ships.. but also that bounty.. no warp aswell.. and crap load of exp.. so this is gauranteed to give the newbie profit....

splitting up the fourms, how about just Main and Wars.. PvE dosnt seem worth a fourm of its own yet.. and would just waste alot of space.

as for in game mods... that would be amazing.. a mod would probaly be faster to ban someone placeing fear into cheaters... emi may be hesitaint due to money loss/ not haveing time.. there should be a player or two that can shift though emi's mails.. send him the important ones.. and go over the in game player problems that can be solved with logic and dosnt really need emi's help... this could be good for ALL severs too...

Privite market? how would that work anyways... maybe it should be an option for the allaince leader to make.. i doubt emi would want to waste all that space if 90% of the allainces wont use it.

and for automatically signing up for the fourms.. it would be a nice idea but i dont think the fourm or the game are attached at all.. i dont think its possible...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:51:47 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:18:36 PM »

and for automatically signing up for the fourms.. it would be a nice idea but i dont think the fourm or the game are attached at all.. i dont think its possible...

This could work the same as he does the affiliate account auto sign up for Main.

As for bounties we want them to be profitable so that people actually do them and if we get in-game mods then they could ban people for abusing it.
Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 04:33:28 PM »

you autosign up for affilate.. im pretty sure you have to make your own account there too.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

and its easy to stop alliance members from hitting other members-send truce request to ur own alliance and accept it 13

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »

i like most ideas jan, but the choose counter idea wont work... wouldnt it suck if say, you attacked paralax and he gave the counter to nightguard?

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »

yah you got a point there.. giveing counters would suck...

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

Yeah but it would give you more of a reason to join an alliance. People have been complaining of alliances doing virtually nothing for ya. I was just trying to think up ways to make em more useful.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »

they give you a group of players that are willing to help out out and play with you to keep you company.. useally one allaince trys to dominate the game.. cause isnt that an allainces's goal?

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »

well alliances need a limit... sure trading and stuff like that could work with a few limits as well

but giving counters would suck on any server

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »

One thing I remembered but forgot to add make it to where you can't hit an alliance member in bounty.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 12:57:23 AM »

use ip hunters for enforcement, this means mods who do nothing but check ips and jail offenders.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 01:00:06 AM »

I think if emi actually played the game himself he might make better updates for it.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 02:04:28 AM »

thats true lol

and as for the ally members cant bounty? still wont work they will eaither leave the allaince or in my cases like mine were members not in my allaince are helping me out.. it wont make much of a difference anyways..

gwar
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 01:56:59 AM »

would be nice to most of these tested. 
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: