Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 04:23:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Post your suggestion on changes  (Read 5596 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:27:14 PM »

Hello,

Please post your suggestions here about what you would like changed on SO Main for the next round.

Please note, only changes, not add-ons. Add-ons should be suggested on a separate topic you can make.

I will then follow up on this topic and make a list to balance and make the game better on the new round.

Thank you and God Speed!
Report to moderator   Logged

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

the new attack restrictions are no good, it seems like so main has turned into so pve, alot of the interactive missions are not very good, i think the encounter rate should be changed up maybe 70% old encounters 30% interactive while throwing out the interactive encounters with crap ratings, black holes are extremely rare, maybe juice them up a bit

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:07:31 PM »

I agree with everything that Cam said about the attack restrictions and interactive encounters, as do many others.

Emi, you're probably going to be annoyed by me saying this, but I think that you may need help with the workload or something..
With spaceo's three servers, sea-o and hacker-project, your time seems a little divided, many even saying unevenly. People are constantly complaining about slow reactions, or none at all. Not just in the game, but in the forum as well. You probably need another admin on the forum -look how long it took for it to be fixed-, and to improve how much you reply to people.. People also noticed that you were logging on and either not reacting to or not noticing important issues. I personally don't think outside help (that is to say hiring people from elsewhere) would be a good idea, given that this game is so unique, and such an action would probably meet terrible reception.

I've been a part of this community since around ID# 1000 and I've enjoyed most of my time spent on it, I don't want to see it go down the drain.

In b4 rage, but it needed to be said.
More on the way (concerning in-game and forum issues) when I don't have a headache.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:59:39 AM »

Thank you for the comments zephyr, I'm dividing my time as best as I can and prioritizing.

From my monitoring, SO was going well ingame. Sure, a few unhappy commanders, but that's the usual.

As for the forum, nobody from the existing moderators bothered to send me a message about how Monkey vandalized it, so right now I am re-evaluating all the moderators, sorry to say. As you know, mostly I am checking "Bugs" and the "Suggestions" boards. So now I will have to read everything until I find / hear from the moderators.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 01:32:02 AM »

personally i think theres more than a few unhappy commanders, all the vets are gone 2

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 01:39:09 AM »

yea there is alittle more then a few unhappy ones, as u said emi, most of so is running well, but the few things cam mentioned do really need looking into, ill add another thing, hp on powershippys, putting some hp on a no hp power ship sort of ruins the purpose of building it with no hp, if u wanted hp on it it is easy enuff to put some of it, and also it just makes it easyer for people to attack u lots of times to get thru your p shippys only destroying a few at a time to expose your main and then they destroy it

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »

Ignore Vulgur lauange! these were most of what i said in the posts i made that were removed, there is probaly alot of bad lauange in them, but i didnt feal like editing it out... so deal with it :p

Topic # 1
Remove the restrictions, most say this is the most fucked up update of them all - for more information cheak the topic out and POST your thoughts, the more angry people posting the more chance something willl change.

Topic # 2

Interactive missions these are slow, annoying and a problem. post your opinion vote in the poll - dont just vote explain aswell your thoughts, the more the better!

Topic # 3

Aliens - these im not to sure about post what you think about them rate in the poll!

Topic # 4

Black Holes, please read the topic before voting, this may effect you.. but we do need turns what, what would you rather, turns or large cash rewards?

Topic # 5

Hitpoints on ships with 0.  This is a problem a big one. it went from alt nebbing and buddy nebbing to not being able to defend your ships, really is their another way to fix the alt problems?

Hitpoints on powerships a HUGE problem!!!

why the hell is it forceing us to have hitpoints on ships designed to have none? i know emi tried to place this up to limet alt abuse by attacking ships and fogging or buddy nebbing.. but this just erupted with something so much worse.. attack abuse..

with even ONE hitpoint on my poweship fleet it makes them absolutly useless as defence against players trying to kill me.. now a guy can simply hit my fleet, a few hitpoints at a time tell my powership fleets go below my lead.. it wont neb me cause its not 20% my power... but it will expose my ships..

i know alt nebbing is a problem.. but at least with that the majority that play fair can still keep their ships safe.. whats wrong with just having players report suspected abuse? emi - you dont need to do everything on your own anymore? get a player to help you out.. im sure there are plently of powerhungry obsessed pro's at this game that would love to deal with abuse reports and do it for free!

why dont you open a low number account? number 2? 3? 4? give an experenced highly active player the password, the ablity to use your sever to scan IP adresses logging onto accounts, and the power to ban players? find someone not corrupt, it wouldnt take more than a few seconds to find a trustworthy person willing to help you out, just because you make a great game... dont f**k things up just to try to short a way into solving a problem without help.

Black Holes

the second that reward went up black holes became nearly impossible to find.. if you can find them at all anymore.. no turn misisons only the aliens now if your lucky with the turn items.. good luck with that.

people want turns.. they dont like haveing none 24/7 but at the same time emi almost completly removed them for a reason, to get people to donate right? if you vote to add more turns your also voting to have emi slash the rewards back down to what they used to be (half of what it is now) so be carefull on what you vote for.. you can have turns and play more freely but at the same that that delcious reward drops..

if we get rid of interacive missions the black holes would have to go up to compensate for the missing interactive missions... well come to think of it.. will anyone even miss them?

Attack Restrictions

okay What the f**k? is up with the god d**n attack restrictions.. i dont f**k**g want them and i doubt anyone other than maybe the most extreme simmer wants them eaither...

What did they do anyways? NOTHING! but f**k up how i attack people.. i want them GONE, GONE i tell yah..

what pissed me off more is when they poped up at my home - Sea-o.. you wanna know what pisses me off? when a guy is fuckin in my range.. matter of fact ABOVE me by almost double my power and i decided "oh i want to attack him" but what do i get "the enemy mothership flee's, it was only 68% of your mothership" WTF????? what the hell is the point of a dark blue attack range if i CANT ATTACK ANYONE in it????

why dont you make my life even easier emi, just remove the dark blue all together, there is no d**n point in it cause most of the time i cant attack people in my range anyways...

that or removed these god d**n restrictions.. on ALL severs.. and YES players could attack below their power useing less ships, that was the best part of a war.. the main thing that kept PVP going.. cause a guy in first could snap at a guy in 10th sure he had serious restrictions due to his base power and might not do any damage at all but who cares if he could attack 10th? NO ONE it was a huge aspect of war.. REMOVE THE RESTRICTION

REMOVE THE GOD d**n RESTRICTIONS!!!!!!

Interactive missions

okay, i havent played much with them but people tell me they are a general waste of time, effort, turns.. and even if you do find good ones you fail alot.

these were a great idea.. but they totaly crush the simplcity and the fun in this game.. these do get complicated and people dont like that.

so i ask, should they stay or should they go?

this game obviously needs fixing, BAD what can us as players do? well there is something we can do, if the players dont like it the game maker will have to change it right? i know emi is trying to progress his game, make it bigger.. but maybe he's doing it the wrong way?

Aliens?

these are a bit more stable but at the same time are still an annoyence, the could very well stay and not make much of a difference. but at the same time are the really reasons why black holes are slashed to almsot nothing? cause emi thinks they give out good turn items if your lucky? and if so would you be willing to keep the aliens and probes over black holes?

yes this is one of the more stable updates... and i geuss more liked right? (geuss ill find out - hard for me to make a serious arugment against them.. i havent played with them for long enough)

Interactive missions

I think the interactive missions should stay, yes some are annoying and fail to often but these missions do make the game more diverse. I think emi should check the ratings of the missions and throw out the worst rated ones or adjust them and reset the ratings. These rating-options where placed there for a reason but they aren't really used. Use them or remove them and if u use them show us what u did.

should stay? what for? cameron07 is right you can get the same reward the on an encounters for 1/3rd the amount of turns as in an interactive mission.. these are CRAP compared to what the game used to have... double the encounters and remove the interactive missions 90% of them are crap anyways... what about encounters? are there ANY useless encounters? NO! then why the hell should this game be filled with so many crap interactive missions?

I used to play this game because everything had its own use.. i didnt have to spend hours upon hours figureing out what "paths" to take on interacive missions or what missions i should just trash anyways.

before these interactives.. before black holes.. before the increases in encounters (way back when) EVERYTHING had a use.

Mothership missions are good when you hit level 7-8 commander and used to be at the point where all encounters cluttered stars (there are 5 "groups" that spawn.. this is when all 5 groups spawn the same power) you can get a f**k load of turns then do mothership  missions to get literaly 9-10 upgrades in a day.
Encryptions USED to be worthwhile because way back when they actally gave enough turn items so that when your level 600+ you can do 500 turns worth of EVERY encryption above 150 and actally gain turns (this is before mutlipliers too) they also gave you lots of mining items back then too - enough to get 10% + to line assembly and nevering haveing to spend over 500 turns to do it cause you used mining items.  then you got attack/acu/hitpoint ect items... there wonderful for stragetic attacks.
Encounters.. ALL of them are worth doing, for the exp. and the benfits they gave you... you almost never skipped by one unless it totaly outpowered you and you didnt feal like sucide...

and with thouse 3 only it made the game simple, it makes it so it really only takes a person maybe 1-2 weeks to master that aspect, so they have the time to spend hours upon hours perfecting the real art of this game, the art of war...

what do we have now?
Interactive missions! - you have to spend half your play time figuring what paths to take, memorizing them, knowing the ones to skip, 90% of them are trash.. double fails? HUGE waste of turns and time... it was a great idea, but why bother with something not worth even a 3rd of a encounter.
Low encounters - good luck finding them this forces you to waste your turns on the crap stated above...
Encruptions lack the turn items and the mining items... makes them pretty much useless other than the attack/acu/hitpoint items... these are no longer good for a "your in the top 3-5 and only see 1-2 missions a star system but need a way to get turns to finish off the entire galaxy" last resort like the used to be.
Black holes? GOOD LUCK finding one HAHA!
Incuresions.. or however you spell it.. well after this was fixed it's actally not too bad of an idea, maybe one of the few things that can stay.. but dont slash encounters for them!
alien + probes.. these are decent for EXP as i have been told yet people are being forced to grind these for a rare turn item due to there being no black holes... you know what? remove turn items from these period and place up more black holes.. make these things optional... not a forced action that alot of players dont want to deal with.
Attack restrictions? all i got to say on this one is GOOD JOB REMOVEING PVP not a very nice person.

End

This game used to be simple - based mostly around PvP.. the PvE part small, and easy to master... matter of fact PvE was boring as nuts back then.. it forced players to find other entertainment.. PvP to find rivals and fight.. and it used to give them the time to master PvP.. all the PvP legends of this game poped up at the same time.. before all these updates where most players claim that was the "prime days" of this game... now it collasping... the game as a whole.. experenced players quiting left and right.. emi is loseing alot of good players.. alot of donators, and instead of fixing the fucked up useless parts of this game and reverting it back to its glory days he keeps trying to add even more unbalenced fucked up crap into the game... more nuts people dont want.. scaring off more people...

emi needs to listen to the players and what they want.. not his head of what he wants to create.. if you want to create a great massivly pouplar game do what the people demand.. emi, what you want and what the people that give you money want are 2 differnt things...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 03:08:44 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

Emi the game balance is way off and game isnt much fun anymore you should take to heart cam's suggestions along with Lamma's most of us agree with them

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 02:05:29 AM »

and really emi... most people dont agree with me.. i bet its very painfull for them too.. and now when i have players areeing that what i say is right.. THEN we have a massive problem.. one a blind man could see and fix better than you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:14:51 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 04:22:37 AM »

I'll mention some briefly:
- 0 hits on pships - needed
- 80% - 200% attack range doesn't work properly, needs recheck
- d**n sudden/double fail should be removed from interactive mission, all of them need revising, after all player frustration levels are too high thanks to them
- extra turns- it's good to keep it slow, but none to be had is bad- add a good bhole interactive mission [cost 5 turns - reward 450, that's not too hard, is it?] in order not to force people to grind for some random unfair chance of finding turns items [interactive missions can't be given to others, thus such bholes are preferable to encounter bholes]
- alts....many problems with them, try to do something about that
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »

Everything noted and working on them. Please post here if you thing of anything else.

Thank you.

davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 11:40:50 PM »

well i think its still a great game my only concern is turns as well on pve i no its not main but we still play like the others 1
captainjf
Corporal

I believe...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »

i think most of the interactive missions take too many turns to get the reward. For example, a gold convoy (or whatever they are called sorry). it takes 5 turns to start. 10 to ambush, then another 10-15 to attack. thats 25-30 turns, and you could even just fail. but all this when i could do a lvl3 (where im at) and get like 20mill. (this is all comparative to what level im at).

Some say the world will end in fire,
some say in ice,
but from what ive tasted of desire,
i hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
i think i know enough of hate,
to say that for destruction of ice
is also great,
and will suffice.

-Robert Frost
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

as lamma said, it used to be simple. my first round was great. galaxy was fun to travel, only you traveled to find turns for mothership missions. Which were based on player fp instead of the freaking commander level bull it is now.aye people maxed on them, but people max almost every round. bring back, even if they are  only half as good. btw im  drunk

P.S.
 Lamma  thumbsdown

Peace And Happy Hunting
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »

post your suggestion on add-on's in a seperate topic... well, I did, but I think a lot of what I said might be good being used as suggestions on how to change teh current system, even if it's not done as a completely new add-on...

just wanted to post a link to it here since there's way to much to actually put in here without making everyone mad... so here it is, my thoughts on how to completely revamp space-o
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,4727.0.html

now... suggestions I can think of coming from that? (ie, what could be done now)

1: please make alliances more worth it.  I remember you stating when alliances went in, that there would be a small bonus for going solo... but there really is no bonus for being in the alliance, other then to coordinate... seperate actions?  you can't share resources, you don't get bonus's, you can't even defend other teammates... what do you get? you may as well have everyone be solo, and just everyone meet in an outside forum to discuss game tactics.

2: the battle system, seriously, please take out the superencounters... that or make it worth it encountering them.  you run into one, you get slaughtered, you somehow win, you get nothing extra.  it's extra risk, for absolutely no extra reward.  any other real changes done to the battle system would pretty much have to be add-on's, so this is all I will say here.

3: capturing, please take out the 'auto destruct if no marines on board'  you can make it a chance to self destruct... but really, this is why you have the marine option in secret base, to keep your ships supplied.  if they don't keep marines on board to save cost, that's there own fault.  it's part of 'strategy' to weigh in 'cost' vs 'usefulness'  it also makes it harder to do battle... just to insta-kill ships?  your chances right now of actually capturing, even if there are marines on board, isn't that good.  and that's if you don't kill the ship outright.

4: ship exp, please make this damage based on ship size, not just based on damage.  big ships get big bonus's for nothing, and small ships get no exp after battle after battle.  if you make it based on how much damage it did compared to how big the ship is, each ship will get exp based on how there used.  boarder ships will get little, swarm ships (that survive) will get lots, which will counter having to replace them constantly.  ships that concentrate on taking other ships out will get experience for actually taking ships out.  need I go on?

5: the swarm bonus.  right now you have it set to just add 15 or 20 space to all ship hulls regarding swarm bonus, to counter the tinyman problem.  this is unneeded overkill, as it kills ALL swarm designs.  you could have just set it to 'if a ship's space is below x, change ship's space to x'  such as if it's below 15 hull, for swarm bonus, it is considered 15.  this would eliminate the tinyman problem of getting huge bonus's by not having any hull to speak of, but also keep swarmers above x unaffected by the change, and still be a viable option.

6: getting DDay set off should not be open attacking on everyone, (after it goes off it can be open attacking for anyone) and for stopping it not be destroying the commanders themselves but a secondary target... otherwise the top 20 could decide to set it off, and they being the ONLY ones out of 1000+ people wanting it, but because of the system in place, no one could do a thing to stop them.  not only is this making it hard for people to take it seriously (you start building up, someone decides to do DDay, and there's nothing you can do to stop it) but it also makes the 'process to stop DDay' a laugh.  unless the top 10 people are involved, it will fail.  if they are involved, you may as well give up because you can't do a thing to touch them.

7: oh yes, and:
as lamma said, it used to be simple. my first round was great. galaxy was fun to travel, only you traveled to find turns for mothership missions. Which were based on player fp instead of the freaking commander level bull it is now.aye people maxed on them, but people max almost every round. bring back, even if they are  only half as good. btw im  drunk

P.S.
 Lamma  thumbsdown

I agree... that was actually really cool.  and the thing about it being based on commander's lvl, is that does not go down, so if you lose all your ship's higher on up, the missions are completely and totally useless to you, and your only chance at even playing really, is getting back up to where you can do galaxy missions again.

--edit: wow... ok, before I get hit with stick of stupid, lemme change and put up I meant for DDay it should not be open attacking before DDay goes off only.  after DDay goes off, yes, open attacking on anyone.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:10:27 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: