Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 06:16:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bring PvP back!  (Read 6717 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2008, 04:30:55 AM »

okay Mr. Zephy this is a real suggestion!

an attempt to bring PvP back into the game..

place a reward, 40..50..60..100?$ for the person who deals the most damage.. and when im talking damage i mean most cost taken from other players thoughout the entire round but NOT during dday or the 24 hours before (to prevent alt or hitting allys with huge stashes to rack up your aggersiveness) so in the end whoever delt the most damage (credit wise) would get the reward..

this may give another bonos for people to look for if your never going to remove the cash rewards.. some players may be swayed into becomming aggersive players and hitting PvP - and if one alliance takes control of the game this may be the key of tearing it apart - someone would want that cash.. and the only way to get it is to kill someone elses huge missions.. but of course doing that probaly wouldnt make you friends anymore...

hmm well if anyone sees a loophole please do help me patch up the idea... i cant see everything, and if anyone else has an idea please do share..

so thus i say Bring PvP back (or at least try to) - the best options being

A. Rewards for most Aggersive Player?
B. Remove Cash Rewards?
C Force players to attack and deal 20% of their ships cash value in one attack damage every 7 days or else mission ship members riot making ships less effective, stopping worker production and stealing 10% of cash on hand and in stash every day! he he well, this one may be over kill  21
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:35:21 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

qe2eqe
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 05:37:20 AM »

I like this idea!
I think rewards (honorable mentions, at least) for multiple categories of PvP would be great:
Most segs stolen
Most ships stolen
Most credits stolen
Most nebs given
Most ship's cost destroyed

however... there's little reason to believe the top dog of FP wouldn't be able to just do those things easily.
Report to moderator   Logged
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 06:13:09 AM »

C Force players to attack and deal 20% of their ships cash value in one attack damage every 7 days or else mission ship members riot making ships
I like this one the most. It'd also be easy to weave an explanation.
Maybe adjust the costs though.. lol

okay Mr. Zephy this is a real suggestion!
Noted.  16

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Thrax
Private

The Key Maker to the Internetz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »

not a bad idea at all i would say sounds like a plan

I hold all the keys to the internetz
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »

Most segs stolen
Most ships stolen
Most credits stolen
Most nebs given
Most ship's cost destroyed

qe3eqe - wrong you cant do all these.

seg one will almost always be given to some random newb, most attacks dont give segs..
most ships - ABUSE!!! someone could just place 10 quadtrillion decoys up, kill them and bam they got the money all on an alt.
Most Credits stolen - maybe.. though this will also go to some low ranked character cause top players dont really raid.
most nebs given - again ABUSE!!! someone could make 100 accounts and neb then ever day - and win the money.
most ships cost - this is the only one i see fool proof, you cant win this with alts unless you manage to keep 2 accounts in the top ten for the entire game, then 0 one near the end several times and have only one place.. which in case i think you would deserve the arward for doing that much d**n work lol...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:42:36 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

qe2eqe
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »

that's why I'm a fan of the honorable mention. Really, I just love stats.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »

Honorable mention? im sorry im a bit confused, if its not about trying to improve PvP dont bother posting.

Sian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »

Honorable mention? im sorry im a bit confused, if its not about trying to improve PvP dont bother posting.

I believe he was referring to just getting more of a certificate (metaphorically) like how the halls of glory work... but you'd practically get no reward other then... maybe.. the respect and FEAR YOU DESERVE!!!
But... I like the idea of resurrecting PVP....

Even though my profile says I'm a female, I'm not. Do not be decieved!
Now how did that happen anyway...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »

respect and fear wont do poop vs players begging for top ten rewards... they want money.. so give them money to fight.

Sian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 08:00:23 AM »

respect and fear wont do nuts vs players begging for top ten rewards... they want money.. so give them money to fight.

I merely translated... I'm having trouble sorting out my own opinion...

Even though my profile says I'm a female, I'm not. Do not be decieved!
Now how did that happen anyway...
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 12:33:50 AM »

you want my thoughts on bringing PvP back?  it's simple... your on the right track... give them an incentive to attack  15

no really...
what incentive IS there to actually attack?
credits? missions (in PvP only if you do secret stash attack)
segs? missions (and laughable amounts if in PvP)
workers? between credit missions? more missions (PvP only in secret stash)
exp? missions... and items... (and everywhere else)
cp? encounters
items? galaxy missions (good luck finding in PvP... merchants will have plenty of extra warehouse to avoid this)
resources? mining... and items (can't get any in PvP at all)

there is NO PvP only resource

all you need do, is add a resource that can ONLY be obtained through PvP, and actually make that resource WORTH something... and there you go.

tbh, when emi started introducing cp and commander exp, I thought that was going to be PvP only...  boy was I wrong

---edit:
to be really honest, this game wouldn't hurt at all if emi made credits workers items resources to be found in mothership missions and galaxy, and then made commander exp (and cp in general) only in PvP
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:38:06 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 12:41:30 AM »

you want my thoughts on bringing PvP back?  it's simple... your on the right track... give them an incentive to attack  15

no really...
what incentive IS there to actually attack?
credits? missions (in PvP only if you do secret stash attack)
segs? missions (and laughable amounts if in PvP)
workers? between credit missions? more missions (PvP only in secret stash)
exp? missions... and items... (and everywhere else)
cp? encounters
items? galaxy missions (good luck finding in PvP... merchants will have plenty of extra warehouse to avoid this)
resources? mining... and items (can't get any in PvP at all)

there is NO PvP only resource

all you need do, is add a resource that can ONLY be obtained through PvP, and actually make that resource WORTH something... and there you go.

tbh, when emi started introducing cp and commander exp, I thought that was going to be PvP only...  boy was I wrong

---edit:
to be really honest, this game wouldn't hurt at all if emi made credits workers items resources to be found in mothership missions and galaxy, and then made commander exp (and cp in general) only in PvP

That's a very good idea ars! You are right. Currently there is no reason to attack. If there was a way to *grow* AND *attack* then that would be great.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 01:47:16 AM »

man i really see what your saying and all. but what about like the top guys.. they have no one to hit.. except for the people in their own alliance, but yeah make a good incentive for pvp

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 01:49:02 AM »

umm... you do realize that they would get that WHILE they get to the top right? it would also be an incentive then to NOT keep yourself at such a distance...  to be so high up other people would then have an easier time catching up, and thus start having wars again.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 02:29:07 AM »

yah but its not like it used to be.. now pretty much one alliance has all the top guys with the exception of one or two people... idk.. i think we do need pvp incentive.. i just think it needs to be thought out

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: