Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 01:05:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kill-Off  (Read 5696 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »

Test Server or something of the sort:

give everyone starting of like 50 tril creds, no additional income meaning segs or workers or planets, give 50k turns, 10k cp, and some minerals.

once ur out of creds your out, or make it like dday except once ur in negative fp your out. give like 6 hour counters or 12 hour counters.

each $1 donated gets ur 1 tril creds, 500 cp, 1k turns, and some minerals. something like that. no need to give out a prize for first place either, this would be fun and quick enough where thats not needed.

obviously more needs to be said but lets hear what u guys have got.
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 02:33:04 PM »

well you would have to make a smaller galaxy or rankings attacks be allowed for it to be nice and quick

qe2eqe
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »

If it's last man standing, and you have to spend your last credit to lose...

Well thats problem, isn't it? Who would actually spend money and fight, especially if you make it so nothing can be gained, period, ever?

-------There should be attrition based on rank.

E.g., per hour, do this: subractcredits((players rank percentile)/300*50trill)

Forgive the notation =)
where 50 trill is the start.
So if you had rank one, you'd be the top 1%, you'd lose .0033 of your starting capital per hour. If you had no fleets at all, you'd be the bottom 100%, and you'd lose .333 of starting capital, or 16.5 trill per hour.

Hourly is a bit draconian - but hey, lightning rounds, right? There should be a one day setup period that's the opposite of dday - noone can attack anyone.
(you wouldn't even need the galaxy map for a game like that)
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »

yeah i agree no galaxy just pure fighting
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »

i would say either 1 quadrant or 4 quadrants. that way turns need to be spent travelling.

the lose credits/hour thing sounds decent, but that would ruin tinymen, and this should be more wars server-y than main-y.

for real tactics, all types of ships need to be useable

also, there needs to be no reserving. if u could reserve u could simply unreserve later on once every else has lost a lot of creds.

how about every time you get successfully attacked, some of your credits get taken and some destroyed, kinda like segs now. once you lose all your creds, your out.

one other thing. you have to login each round to be put in the galaxy. that way there are no inactives to be farmed.

ill work on getting emi to take a look 1

qe2eqe
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »

I meant to say no reserve - lord knows how I could rewrite that section with it and leave without it. (On further thought, thats useless. Who would reserve everything, considering that would put them at bottom percentile, and they'd get knocked out of the game fast?)

- - No income means no income, means no encounters, no boarding, no  segs, no nada. Who cares about inactive commanders - they'll last all of three hours.
- - - Wtf, all ship types need not be usable. This would be a new game with new tactics, not a new game where you force the rules to work well with tactics of another game....
- - - - If the counting is done hourly, you need to be able to set cron jobs, and make if/then statements. Emi probably won't do it, it's too much work, but imagine if could preprogram conditions and actions.
e.g.
Condition: Fleet power is less than 2,000,000 Action: Resupply fleet (Southeastern Lubber Grasshopper Mk3) Condition: (Southeastern... has less than 5,000,000 marines) Action: Resupply marines (Southeastern Lubber Grasshopper) 10,000,000....

--------
which would be frikken awesome, because  you could set the condition to a time, and if credits were taken every hour on the hour, people could set the time to x hours, 59 minutes, and the action to buy pships (Or buy kamis and attack people suspected to be using pships).
-----
It wouldn't be very SpaceO like, but exploring the new tactics would be awesome.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 12:45:14 AM »

who ever has the most money at the end of the round wins...

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »

qe, the whole point of having no inactive commanders is so that theres no one to farm, and the game is actually skill-based then

and the point of keeping it similar/the same as spaceo is so that theres actually a chance it might be done.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 07:21:21 PM »

Maybe something different, but with the same idea....

Get a 1 day preparation time (time to get your account logged in and build a fleet) When the firts day ends everyones money will dissappear. You can get money after that point only by killing other peoples fleets. Like earning 10% of the worth of the fleets destroyed. (this can be edittable to attack/hp/acc/abs aswell to make sure someone doesnt register with plain decoys). And you can steal someone elses credits.

When you have no fleet and no credits you are out.... the person with the biggest fleet wins the match. You can give people a neb of 8 hours. And remember if you zero someone without credits he's out in one hit ;)

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »

that works 1

but the taking 10% of enemies fleets could really be abused by alts, but thats a different story...

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »

This sounds chaotic but deliciously delightful...fast pace wanton attacks.....better attack smart or else someone else blindsides ya and zeros you for the kill.

hmmm......if no boardings is allowed...i kinda see what kind ships would reign here....its a question of who designs the most efficient of that "class" of ships..

Counters of 8hrs or 12 hrs must be given same % chance as when the attacker hit u.... if attacker hit u with 5% chance to warp, your counter must give u the same %. this would negate powering up/down warp crap.

the 10% of the fleet is ok i feel. Alts is a way of life here in Spaceo. Cant do much about it. But if u are honorable enuf, you won't use alts. If you arent, what can one do rite? except have all the other player hit the guy using alts to end him from the game? hahaha....tat is always an option in this way of playing no?

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 05:01:53 PM »

who said no boarding? there has to be boarding, definately.

but the warp thing wont even matter. since theres no reserving u cant power up and down without selling. since ur not playing for too long, ur sellback would be almost surely 50%

nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »

design your own kammi   but it seems like super swarmers with high defence and accuracy would be a great contender  50 trill is 50 million of midnight 44's imperial swarmers for example

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »

that design is awefully innefficient, but nukes concept is true. superswarmers would be dominant but the other type of ships have to be available

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 08:59:33 PM »

I dont like the "other type" 16

heres one reason: new players are going to give this server a try if it gets implemented... but guess what? players from the wars server will have superior "other type of ships" and will just get crushed... like always... and then u have another boring server played by 5 people...

just my optimistic opinion   13

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: