Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 07:26:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Players - SO WARS  (Read 2385 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 08:56:23 PM »

Ive been seeing a few, and i do mean a few new players on the news. the server is growing slowly still but much much more can be done.

I've come up with a few suggestion that i think should help us all, emi included.

1 week protection from attacks. If the player attacks earlier than that, he/she will lose his protection for the remainder of the time.

1 week free gold account. this would give new players access to designs, be able to hold more turns, and grow quicker in their first week of play. they would like the game more in the beginning since its much much easier with gold account. They wouldn't have to spend the hours of time learning how to design, they could get right to playing the game. Now heres the part for you emi, people commonly accept what is given to them and do not appreciate it until it is gone. after the week is up, those players will have trouble finding their way without gold, just as much trouble as they would have if they hadn't been given it to start. They will then be more obligated to purchase a gold account.

that 1 week of gold would have to be non-transferable.

Emi, if you do the above, i guarantee you will have more active players, more competition, a wider variety of players and play-styles, and more cash flow to yourself within 3-6 months. if this is not true, you can have my acct and make an example out of it by hanging it on the gallows 16

P.S. the world revolves around money, why not getcha-self some more?  14

yawn Jess OUT!  12

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 09:28:09 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 09:26:47 PM »

Sounds great to me, particularly the taste of gold account. As jesse said, it'd probably make people more likely to purchase a full year of it, after they see how useful it is.
Good job jesse. 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 11:43:23 PM »

Yeah Jess nice idea. Just I want my free week of Gold if he does this  16

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »

Jess has this pretty well-thought out and it appears to be in the best interest of not only the server, but your wallet too emi. It seems only logical that the more money you could obtain would be the best option and it would allow the people, who still want to play wars to stay interested all while getting new players. So, any ideas emi?
Sian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »

It's a great plan... In a way...

See, there's this slight dilemma, involving the gold account option. Why do people pay for WoW or EvE, cause they got it free and they thought it was... AWESOME!

But SO doesn't quite seem ready for this, because It's missing that feeling of Adventure. You might get a few players who since they become lost and confused without gold... Suddenly get annoyed at their lack of... well hell knows, simplicity? Advantage? Practically what ever comes with gold?

I started this game without gold... and too be honest I've never actually had it. The game was AWESOME. Loved it, got my friends to play, they loved it. Love. although one of them started to just be a d**k and the other's got so many alts and Multi's it's not funny, and the other, well he's actually doing great. He's got some of the best designs I've ever seen, good with money, got a decent rank... ya know. Now the only person who got gold out of all these, was the guy with the multi's. And he'd given up SO before the next day. Not because of Gold... he's just not very devoted.

Back to what i was REALLY saying.
Adventure. Exploration. I don't mean literally we need more galaxies and systems, I mean there arn't that many options to explore in the game, not that much to discover. You can fall into a loop then bam, it doesn't change 'till next round. Don't do encryptions once motherships start giving you good rewards... don't use market, cause nobody else does. Don't sell credit items, don't research that, don't bother with that... ect, ect. The pain goes on.

The interactive missions that are going, are great. Not so much for their rewards, but for their stories. Great to explore some of the player made ones. So with the addition of player made missions the game's getting quite an addition. But the game still needs more wizbang additions to dazzle even the Veterans.

Although, to be quite straight foward:
The gold freebie isn't QUITE something you want to implement at the moment, but in the future It'd be perfect.

Even though my profile says I'm a female, I'm not. Do not be decieved!
Now how did that happen anyway...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: