Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 09:52:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone....  (Read 29714 times)
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »

Ok just to clarify my earlier post about math 'lying':
Up until the advent of quantum mechanics, everyone thought that the precision of any measurement was limited only by the accuracy of the instruments the experimenter used. Heisenberg showed that no matter how accurate the instruments used, quantum mechanics limits the precision when two properties are measured at the same time.
Hope that clears it up for all of you.  lol
Report to moderator   Logged

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 02:27:08 PM »

Uh.....no, you lost me there. I'll just go with, math can appear to lie when things are too complicated and have lots of variables.

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

Ah how is this possible, we are discussing quantum mechanics and measurement accurracies on a game forum. Shame on you mrtimbre.  ;D
Just kidding.  ;)
I don't know nothing about quantum mechanics so I guess I can better shut up about it.   :-[

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 02:52:11 PM »

All I know is that it proves time travel IS plausable. i know only the science part of it though, none of the mathimatical stuff that goes with it, lol.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

zephyrblade: it's not what you posted about any more because we discussed it for the first two pages, then you never posted again til now, so we started to get off topic.

Luffy: Time travel is an impossibility.  The laws of physics prove that going backwards in time in not feasible, because time is a unchanging variable.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2006, 12:22:13 AM »

Well, how do you explain time be affected by gravity? Such as it supposedly being slowed the closer you get to a "black hole". If it can be slowed or sped up, then it is techinically possible to go backwards... just not in the sense most thing. You could go near.. say a year passes for you, and 10 years pass outside. You come out, and you have in a sense gone back 9 years in time.. although you can never get back to the 9 years past it, until those 9 years have passed..
jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2006, 09:42:26 AM »

In that scenario you will have gone forward in time. But other than that what you said is very true. The only problem is having the ability to
get back out.
Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2006, 11:23:09 AM »

its kind of a paradox.. you have, to the people on earth been gone 10 years. but to you 1. so from someone elses point of view, you have gone back in time. but to you, you have gone forward 10 years...
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 09:36:13 PM »

But still, putting Einstein's theories aside, time travel is an impossibility.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »

Time travel is possible, because we have no d**n clue how the universe works. We can't properly explain black holes, and numerous other things. Now, the way science fiction depicts time travel is impossible, but time travel itself is possible, as you would only need to create an influx at a single point in time which wuold cause what is known as an improbability jump, which would put you somewhere else in time, and possibly space at random (of course, it may turn you into a duck, but eh.). If that could be properly harnessed, you could travel in time. This cannot be disproven, therefor it is true (theories can only be disproven, not proven. Basic science 9th grade. So until we have evidence that says otherwise, I'm right.)

Smee
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »

this kinda remains me of this episode of nova i watched on pbs, theres this scientist who one night to decide he wants lobster for dinner right, ok so since hes gonna have lobster he decides to get all dressed up for it open a bottle of wine in preperation, then he opens his door and waits for his lobster to come to him, now wat this proves just becouse the lobster never came to him doesnt mean there is life out side our own small world here. why this came to me dont ask its just funny ahahah but true
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 01:39:41 PM »

The lobster got warped to an alternate deminsion where it had to use Kung Foo and Tai Chi to save a race of humanitarian vegitbles called mice! Lol, jk.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »

Well yeh Luffy, but the energy you'd need to generate the magnetic field to create an influx in time and space would be so massive we'll never be able to do it any time soon.  Maybe in a million years, if human civilization is still around, we'll do it.  But until then... all we have are theories.

Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »

If you could even tap the smallest solar flares off the sun... that could power it.. so imagine tapping a nova star.. 13
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2006, 07:09:06 PM »

Well yes, but as I said, it's an impossibility right now.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: