Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 01:16:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship Reservation System Possible Update  (Read 8787 times)
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »

The final thought on this one from me,

Instead of blocking ships from reserve:

Make it more expensive to return ships that were involved in attacks to active status, this cost increase could increment depending on the number of attacks the fleet was involved in. The base return to active status would be say 30% plus 5% increments for each attack it was involved in.

This would in effect be the cost of repairing battle damage.
Report to moderator   Logged
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »

I hope Sir Emi is reading this post 12
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 01:12:23 AM »

Again, this suggestion appears to simply be aiming to remove any skillful aspects from the game and make it playable by even the most brain dead internet wanderer. Do you really want to turn this game into whoever has the bigger stick wins? Without tactics like reserving, or difficult calculations to make, that's all this game will be - whoever has the most money to donate will end up with the biggest ships, and thereby will defeat anyone.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 02:41:20 AM »

whoever has the most money to donate will end up with the biggest ships, and thereby will defeat anyone.
Umm it already is whoever donates more wins and I thought everyone used tinnies anymore so smallest ship wins

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 11:59:40 PM »

Again, this suggestion appears to simply be aiming to remove any skillful aspects from the game and make it playable by even the most brain dead internet wanderer. Do you really want to turn this game into whoever has the bigger stick wins? Without tactics like reserving, or difficult calculations to make, that's all this game will be - whoever has the most money to donate will end up with the biggest ships, and thereby will defeat anyone.
Yes their is great skill in reserving after doing 20 attacks so you can bypass the counter system to be nearly invulnerable from your victims.

People are using Reservation to bypass part of the game that is in place for balance, This is exploiting it. If you see the way some people are using reservation as being cunning or a great tactician I would have to say that is partly true this Does Not Negate the fact that they are Exploiting it.

This does not negate skill from the game it adds to it. If this was changed you would have to balance your attacking with you defense instead of attacking all you want and reserving so you have not risk of being counter attacked.

I am not asking for the Reservation system to be removed nor am I asking for my exact idea to be implemented. If Sir Emi uses this as a idea I am 100% sure that he will make it balanced. What I am asking for is what the majority of players see as a exploit to be fixed.

Also Qualopec no one uses tinymen on main anymore emi patched that ages ago.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:09:33 AM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50:14 AM »

Ya I don't play main I play wars and almost all the top have tinymen and black if you look at my original idea this was meant to add more skill and tactics to the game.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 12:41:53 PM »

Ya I don't play main I play wars and almost all the top have tinymen and black if you look at my original idea this was meant to add more skill and tactics to the game.
I agree this creates more in the way of skills and tactics then it would remove.
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »

i agree with anti... i could leave a 5 space hull out and reserve 2 billion kamies for a surprise...

when the 5 hull is dead u go to raid me and get all your fleets blasted to space dust

true dat,,,, ps i cant afford 2 bill kamis   2

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 08:30:43 AM »

yes ninja we all know u cant 13

anyways, the original idea about making reserved fleets come in after u lose a certain amount of power is good, but u wuld have 2 make sure u paid 2 have them unreserved.

but not allowing people 2 reserve fleets after attacks is stupid bad idea, suld never be implemented

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 09:37:10 AM »

Well just to add my thoughts...   How about reserved fleets can still be counter attacked if they were used to attack someone.  After all, the warp trail would still lead the attacked player to the shipyard that is storing the aggressors ships.  The only protection reserved ships would then get is from an unprovoked attack! 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: