Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 10:43:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ship Reservation System Possible Update  (Read 8785 times)
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

I Think it might be interesting to make it so that when you reserve your fleets you can set it so they come active after a certain percent of your active fleets are destroyed I think it might make attacking people more interesting.
Report to moderator   Logged

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:36:51 PM »

then it defeats the whole purpose why we reserve
TO PROTECT FROM ATTACKS

Skrymir
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

unless ur setting them for an ambush...like it says u 0'd the guy, but he's not in a neb so you attack with tons of swarmers for max creds...boom they're all dead cuz you didnt realize his other fleets came out to ambush ur raid
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »

Yeah exactly make people think twice before attacking someone.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »

No, thats a bad idea, cos then u can reserve everything, and have low power, but still be able to destroy enemies in a defence. And this will give you much higher warp chance. I think bad idea.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »

No, thats a bad idea, cos then u can reserve everything, and have low power, but still be able to destroy enemies in a defence. And this will give you much higher warp chance. I think bad idea.
you would not be able to do that cause then you wouldn't have an active fleet to lose and they could just put a limit on the amount of fleets you can reserve like that also there should be a way to scan the enemy mothership and find out how many fleets they have reserved and there fp.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »

Even worse, some people want to keep large surprises in back, like I have 20 kami stacks in there.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Mobius13
Staff Sergeant

d[^_^]b

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

i agree with anti... i could leave a 5 space hull out and reserve 2 billion kamies for a surprise...

when the 5 hull is dead u go to raid me and get all your fleets blasted to space dust

Mail me or search "Mob's" on wars gold account if u need specialized swarmer designs

Sowars: Mobius13 (#2028)
Main: Mobius12 (#63014)
PVE: Mobius13 (#24)
Skrymir
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 12:01:53 AM »

then make it like, not for "FULL ASSAULT" and so can only be implemented in the main server, like "The ambush is placed at a distance" so when you "FULL ASSAULT" you raid the mothership before the ambush has time to realize you were there, and so doesnt become unreserved...so it's like a cool thing for remote assaults
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »

I believe the main issue with reserving fleets is that some people do it after every single firping attack. In order to stop people from countering them. I think either you should only be able to reserver once every 48 hours or more.

Or only be able to reserver while you have not counters on you.

This removes the issue with people exploiting the reserving system so the can attack without risk of being countered.

I know many people would have issue with this so please post your concerns I am more then happy to debate on this.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 08:40:18 PM »

Another possible option would be:

Players are unable to reserve any fleets that were involved in an attack for a certain period of time, ie, 6 hours.

That way every attack will have to be considered, and there is a chance they will be able to reserve if the attacked player doesn't sign on in time.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 08:45:34 PM »

Another possible option would be:

Players are unable to reserve any fleets that were involved in an attack for a certain period of time, ie, 6 hours.

That way every attack will have to be considered, and there is a chance they will be able to reserve if the attacked player doesn't sign on in time.
No 6 hours would be to little that the whole point of a 24 hour counter is to make sure if 2 people are on other sides of the planet they can get on in time to counter. If one person can play while the other sleeps and it was only a 6 hour period it would be the same as reserving immediately.

A minimum of 24 hours would be what I would suggest.

I do like you idea of only preventing ships that were engaged in said attack of being reserve though.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

ooooooo sounds nice

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 09:15:33 PM »

Yeah this does sound good.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 04:31:36 AM »

To add some logical reasons to the suggestion:

I don't see how any fleet could go from full combat operations to beer and tequila time at the flick of a switch.
It would take some time to regroup scattered forces, stores and munitions would have to be inventoried and replenished, same for crew roster and casualties replaced. Not to mention time for de-briefings and after action reports.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: