Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 20, 2024, 09:13:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: to design  (Read 4831 times)
cultist
Private

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2006, 04:05:13 AM »

oh yes you fellas posted some ecuations some other ecuations.i dont get it.can you make something with examples for total n00bs like me to get it?
thanks

btw i totally like this game i think its the best mud space mmo.im tired of using others designs.i want to make mine
Report to moderator   Logged

I find your lack of faith...disturbing!
Smee
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »

the only way ive been able to learn how to design is by learning by example. and the first question you want to ask ur self wat do i want out of this ship to me thats the very first question and then go from there.  hope that helps if not message me in game Smee and ill help as much as i can ^^
Aurelian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »

He can also keep using my designs and learn from them. 1

"If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as the man and then compare the relative brain size, we now find that the penguin's brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it *was*." - Quote from Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Finis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:25:45 AM »

Which equations did you want examples for? I might be able to put an example together for you.
Valefore
Lance Corporal

Ya think?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »

Yes Aurelian, but he won't learn very much at all that way... He needs to jsut learn it on his own...
Aurelian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 10:18:33 PM »

At least he will have decent designs while he learns. Anyway I am already trying to help him learn how to design.

"If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as the man and then compare the relative brain size, we now find that the penguin's brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it *was*." - Quote from Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:22:09 PM »

Make sure his weapons are optimised. It's so easy to do, but so often missed. It's like throwing away free attack power to use an unoptimised weapons system. :-\

Aurelian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 12:36:32 AM »

I have everything covered. I'm not that bad at designing...and cultist has already decleared himself my Apprentice in designing 1

If they are not optimized then it is probably one of my old designs he is using, or one of his not quite so recent ones.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 12:49:55 AM »

send me a message in game I will send you 2 starter designs and you can learn from there.  they are good proven designs that have helped many a commader

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: