Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 04:48:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stacking!  (Read 4247 times)
darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:24:28 AM »

The old skill of stacking!  If thats what you call it on this game.  The way you order your differant fleets by their power rating.

I am sure that arranging these in certain ways will work well, but things will depend on how that ship is designed as to where it best goes.

What tips and stratagies can somebody give me here?
Report to moderator   Logged
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33:36 AM »

1  they are aranged from most powerful to least.  if you had read all the detailed guides you would have found that.  now with that in mind  it depends on your startagy as to what kind of ships you make your lead fleet.  many people make power ships thier lead fleet.  it has its advatages and draw backs.  others use super ships, and still others use swarmes.  what it boils down to is who you have angered and how deep your pockets are.  are you trying to gain rank fast, etc.. it is all in your personal stratagy.  The best players have mixed fleets  meaning a bit of every thing.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
darklordofthesith
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:53:19 PM »

ok, lets say I make 6 fleets, with power ratings like this...

So power is spread a bit but is mostly in firsy 2 fleets.  How aggressive / defencive should the ships be.  So would my ship at 10,000,000 be best with a high attack but weak hitpoints, or would it work better with more hitpoints and less attack?  Or is it even about average, with hitpoints and attack being similar.  Then what about the other fleets?

With this answer could I have a bit more detail.  Instead of saying for example "It really depends on what you want to do", that isn't too much use.  A bit more detail so maybe an answer more like this "It depends, if you are looking to gain ranks fast.... *explain*"

ok, now teach me!
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:02 PM »

look I would not have fleets less than 50% of the lead

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Scruffy
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:19:20 AM »

Dark what I do is make sure that my fleets always make up at least 23% of my total value. That way I go strait to the nebula. I have found the best is power. That way you do some damage to those that attack you. You don't lose too much and you are completely protected for 24 hours. I then pull my superships out reserve and start doing missions like mad. I then through them back to reserve and buy my power ships again.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 12:51:54 AM »

there is no right wrong, even taking this example, the high attack, little defense ship:

put it in 1st place, and you are guarenteed doing most damage to their biggest fleet, but also the biggest losses
put it in 10th place, and you may keep them alive if they attack, due to acc penalties, but you may do no damage because it hits a decoy

see what we mean?  there are tons of different possibilities, like:

1st place: powerfleet
2nd-4th place: superships
5th-8th place: swarmers
9th-10th place: suicide ships

then there most powerful ship will hopefully do little damage, then you can try to do major damage to everything else, and especially if they only have 1 ship, it is possible if they attack to wipe out the 1st fleet, do little damage to 2nd fleet, then all you other fleets have free shots at it.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: