Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 05:49:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wars  (Read 10905 times)
lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:23:29 PM »

Emi, can you please start transferring things from regular spaceo (incursions, gold transports, advanced missions, etc etc) into the wars server, i feel that this is one of the reasons wars isn't as popular as it could be, there simply isn't enough to do, and I'm sure others from the server will agree with me, and Emi, please comment as its you who makes these things happen, whether people like it or.

Hey, maybe if people actually posted there thoughts on the suggestion's Emi might actually do something 16

Emi can i use your real first name?

Also if anyone wants to contact me about help with a suggestion group (invention, refinement, etc etc of ideas), just contact me through MSN at: i have a new one, contact me through pm now, not msn.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:03:37 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:56 AM »

heh i think somebody read my other post... but yeah... wars is falling apart. don't get me wrong... it's still awesome but it wont be so awesome if things keep going this way. either stop lying to players and admit it isn't economically viable and close it/say there will not be frequent updates or revamp it quick.
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:45:50 AM »

um.. the whole point of the wars server is that its hard to earn things.. only seg missions and few encounters... if you want them go play main, they have no place in wars

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

... u've hear the saying "all is fair in love and war". we all have. this is more true then most things that any of us will hear. in war... terrible terrible things are done and when we think things are worst, war always seems to find a way to diversify. so then... if your argument is that updates, such as unique missions, shouldn't be allowed because they don't belong... I would submit to u that they belong on the grounds that in a war people are ALWAYS looking for that"diversification", an "edge" if u will. so then, it only seems natural that commanders would both want to create special scenarios and cary them out. from a npc point of motivation, someone has to do these odd jobs that are offered as interactive missions and from a player's point of view, its another way to get a leg up on the competition.

essentially, your argument in a nutshell is: "this is war, u don't get $hit. deal with it"

well good sir, mine is: "this is war, do whatever the frack u can to win"

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:33:25 PM »

the wars server was made on the principles that it would be run by segments and VERY FEW ENCOUNTERS.

if those things u want put in were put in, it would be exactly the same as main server. WTF

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »

My basic idea is that wars is dieing, because so little is going on, i personally think regular is pointless, no challenge to it, but some encounters (such as the gold transport) etc etc would be a nice boost to the game, as not much seems to happen.

I have been playing the wars server for a long while now, and the most interesting thing that has happened to me was buying, all wars seems to actually be is a grinding server, there is no real wars, if anything there is more wars per person on regular than on wars, and silence is right, in war people are always on the look out for the next weapon, the next edge over there opponent, there is no edge, people who are powerful stay there, because no-one can gain the power to challenge them, and the bigger people just seem to spend there time picking of smaller ones, so they never can get challenged.

Cameron, dont hinder change, change is good, if you do have to hinder it at least provide a decent counter argument, or alternative solution to the problem

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 01:32:19 PM »

lalelulilo your retarded.. your not thinking this though.. if we put all those missions in where do you think AI would be now? uh maxed... maxed on a never ending server.. well thats fun... this server was made to be like a beginning round of the origonal spaceo.. only segment missions... you have to work for what you get.. theres no since in putting gold transports or worker missions in

lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »

Flaming is not permitted on the forums.

Also i did think it through, did i say add the cheap contracts? no, i said add things like the gold transport etc. etc.

It pays to read, but it pays even more to think before posting, look through, check it, and check it again, or you make pointless posts.

Edit: I admit i rushed into that one against my own advice

Add any special encounters that involve segments, and people on regular only seemed to max after the probes etc were added, the whole point of this is that there is so little to do on wars, and the bigger people just kill the little ones, right now I'm sat waiting for my mining facility to replicate the materials to build another, because every day someone else high on the ranking kills it, the only reason i stay on spaceo is because my friends are here and because there are no other half-decent (no offence to Emi) space based MMO's.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 01:47:46 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:50:27 PM »

well put lalelulilo. on a side note, i would like to remind u that there are still other things besides some new encounters that could be added to spice things up. some examples would be new structures, more intricate battle systems and an expanded alliance system.

-Silence444-
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

hey silence, Ive been suggesting new structures and alliance modifications for ages, but no notice is taken, however whenever opposition appears, the thread suddenly becomes popular 13

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:54:45 PM »

lolz i hear u man. buried somewhere in this forum is a massive list of ideas that i compiled... not sure where it went though

-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »

dont say what u dont know lal. a lot is going on, the only reason ur dont know about it is because ur not a part of it...yet.

many people have had ideas. the only ones to be implemented from the suggestions board in the entire 9-10 months ive been playing is planets, after about 4 tries

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 07:29:01 PM »

... is it just me or does jessie's last post seem to be lacking in coherency?

-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

im sorry if i was not clear: what i mean is that there is plenty going on, ur just not in the middle of it.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:27:23 PM »

... how many players are in the middle of it?

-Silence444-
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: