Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 24, 2024, 12:52:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE READ THIS.  (Read 8442 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »

Due to current events on WARS server, concerning new players, I propose the following , and ask you to sign if you agree, and will help with the plan :

1) That WARS training alliances are to be excluded from targets(except counters). *!*But that concerns only those that actively train and recruit new players, not ones that grow up just for a place in rankings!*! ATM, Im aware of 2-

Wars server training alliance
NGU + an affiliate.

(reply to have your name added)
(Also, these are to be run by alts only, so that they won't affect rankings too much,and so that they won't abuse position)

2)That high-end players contribute an alt to these alliances to help out.

3)This is kinda to SirEmi- that noobs are provided with good designs from start, like the thing where you gave every one trainee fighters. I can provide those designs, if its possible.

4) That players provide a few items to newbies(seg ones too). Not a lot, but just to get them going.

I aint forcing anyone, but merely asking. You don't have to agree to all points, but if most people put in their share in any shape or form, it will make a difference.

Signatures:

AFB
Warboss Armourfitz (it is I, didn't want to waste half an hour logging on :p)
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Nautilus
Private

The Fallen Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »

I agree 15 ... if possible maybe we can ask EMI for the following things as well ...

1> Let the new players start with more credits in hand like 8-10 BIL 21, which would help them a lot in the initial stages when credits is short supplied Opps.

2> Maybe we can keep posting the location of all the inactive commander who can be raided for credits wow.

The Best Defence Lies In Maintaining Over-Whelming  Offence

Nautilus
POF
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:14:24 PM »

to the many mods of this forum - READ THE WHOLE THING FIRST if u have any respect for this game or the english language

this is  a bull $hit idea. i tried, and put much much more effort into this when i first joined and here's y it wont work:

A - this game's players are too conservative and fear a program like this' abuse more then they could ever love its results

B - noobs are overwhelmed. it is IMPOSSIBLE to catch up to the top players

C - wars is kinda like the unwanted B@$t@rd child of SO. everyone agnolages it and most put in some time building relationship with it but at the end of the day, all it gets are the crappy left overs. This is because the few people that do like it are too conservative and also from a financial standpoint because itdoesn't bring in enough ppl to merrit effort.

D - by setting up training facilities and making player based rules like this u are ruining the wars aspect of the game. not only do commanders not get the hard earned experience (of defeat) that they need; but, people begin to take these systems for granted. I noob hunted for all of a couple weeks and a profile i spent a year building was destroyed entirely in 72 hours.

E - Considering all f the previously mentioned reasons, any monkey can realize that at this juncture there will not be very many more noobs (people are not going to come). a better idea is to eliminate truces and alliances... heck maybe even commander id #s and/or names. let people actually start fighting.

F - the nebula is all that a noob ever needs. nothing gained in the first month of playing worth anything can be taken anyway (experience and cp).

G - it is IMPOSSIBLE to die. accounts only "die" when the player is removed.

speaking of removal...

this post is violating tos (least i should hope so) and is more appropriately placed in rants...

ban or delete my profile from the forums; do what u have/want to do, but leave this up for 10 views... or move to rants plz.

-Silence444 signing off

*note* my msn = brice.wilkerson@earthlink.net if my speaking privileges are removed b4 u can get the help i offered

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:11:36 AM »

Angry, are we?

Let us not have this thread degenerate into a flame war.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »

yay i can still talk 1 nah, not angry, just getting it outa my system. all these things have been bugging me since i started playing... figured if i'm gone anyways... exploding could be fun. well thx for not killing my posting privileges.

but seriously... more protection for noobs is not what they need... they need a mechanic for faster growth.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

And training. Give a noob turns, and hell waste on extending. Give him money, and he'll waste it on trainee fighters. And hitting noobs with tinies just makes them leave 16

I'm just asking that people try not to hit training alliances. It only takes a week or two to teach someone, and then he leaves into the open world to get killed for all I care. But at least let them live through training  10

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

funkmachine7
Private

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

but the cant het noobs as thay have a 99% odds of runing. 
Warboss Armourfitz
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

Funk, I can believe me. I can send a low alt after u, and u r done for. Or like nightguard, get huge disruptors. And its 95%.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

how bout screw training alliance and just make all accounts untouchable for their first 2 weeks?

-Silence444-
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »

untouchable for a week or two would be good

designs would be good

training alliance should be optional, but run by the players, not neccessarily mods. and anyway... there already is one

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 12:22:16 AM »

no screw that. the players of this game have proven that all they want is to maintain the status quo (pm me if u need examples). save yourselves the effort... slap on a 1-2 week protection and give em access to designs (like gold account) for a month. end of story unless u want to give them faster growth mechanic (like tazarkoth's law of averages).

look... the only motivations that a senior player can have to help in this way are to:

A - groom players to help them (or be adversaries)

B - guide development (so that no one does anything new)

C - feel good about themselves (i.e. that they've done the right thing)

*on a side note* it is a statistical fact that a majority of charities and welfare programs actually make problems worse... so by helping players like this... by asking players to donate time... u are making the problem worse

or

E - to kill time

lolz just another week till my account is taken over so deal with it jessie.

long story short... setup an environment where success s possible... don't give out handouts... if u rly want to help, disband training alliances and stop offering preferential treatment. any questions? message me

-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:25 AM »

ha i doubt he'll do the cold account for a month.. maybe the first week of your account? or maybe like 3 days? show the newer players what they are missing out on.. let them clone a max of 5 ships a day.. so at the most they get 15 designs.. ive seen other games do this.. it could entice newer players to buy gold..

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 04:54:44 AM »

So, Silence444, you are saying that every last senior player is a greedy bastard? Anyways...

Here's the thing Silence, new players will only stick around if they feel welcomed. Starting them with a few extra credits they'll end up wasting, giving them access to designs that they do not understand, and giving them access to faster growth that they will not know how to achieve will not make them feel welcomed. Sure, some people might stick around and, through trial and error, amass something one might consider skill, but they are in the minority.

So, how do you make them feel welcomed? How do you allow newcomers to have fun from the very beginning? The answer is simple: people. If someone finds others that he genuinely enjoys playing with, they are very likely to stick around, even during hard times. And through his trials and tribulations, with help and guidance from his friends, he will amass true skill to rival those that have come before him.

So then the question becomes, how will newcomers find such friends? One might say, "Simple, just go out their and meet them!" But it doesn't usually work that way. Not all who would aspire to be great hit the ground running when it comes to new societies. We can gain a great number of new players simply by actively welcoming them into our fold. They must find a clan so that they can feel that, although the rest of the universe is out to get them, at least these couple guys won't actively kill them.

The problem is, most people who actually know a thing or two about the game  want to be in competitive clans, ones where they have a sizeable chance of winning. So how do we get around this? The solution requiring the least amount of sacrifice would be to have secondary clans, ones where newbies could stick around while they're still getting the hang of things. That way, they could meet people, make some friends, and sort of get the hang of the game without drastically inhibiting others' ambitions.

That is the way it seems to me, at least.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »

bah. i'm not saying people, or senior players, are greedy. i'm saying that greedy and charitable are often interchangeable. i rly dont want to get into a philosophical debate... school's over for the year. as far as people feeling welcomed goes... guys... there are more ways to make someone feel welcomed then to grant them amnesty from attack and ask senior players to give them stuff! how bout talk to them as equals and discuss designs? or give em a tip or 2? or give them a faster growth mechanic so they feel like their accomplishing something?

if u rly want an alliance for them to start in (that is exempt from attack)... u should at the VERY LEAST limit how long they can be in it (personally... i don't see many players ever leave the training alliances they join). in addition, this new training alliance should be game sanctioned.

I propose the following as a compromise for noobs:

A - some sort of access to designs  (limited clonings a day for a month?)

B - an accelerated growth mechanic (until they hit average?)

C - temporary immunity from attack (1 - 3 weeks)

and D - a "council backed" training alliance that is neither allowed to attack other players or be attacked which they may be members of for a given period of time. also, this alliance should have no size limit and players should automatically be placed in it when they start... sorta like a long term mandatory tutorial. (npc run and emi backed)

---edit---

if u choose not to impose strict limitations on a training alliance, it becomes a trap sucking in and swallowing up beginner players and i don't think anyone wants to keep the little guy down... at least i don't.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:17:47 AM by Silence444 » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
eagleowl
Private

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »

As leader of the Predators,I agree with newbie protection and not attacking training alliances.
Also,although I don't regard Predators as a training alliance,anyone who joins us will get the benefit of my experience on both the main and pve servers-this includes which ship designs appear to work well and which ones are basically canon fodder!
P.S.,the Predators are actively seeking new members-newbies welcome! 19
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: