Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 07:40:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Alliance Project  (Read 17090 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

change is good, it keeps things interesting. complication is bad, but were not aiming for that  wow

nolan, merging 2 alliances erases the point of the commander ability. being able to change alliance names is stupid, if u want a new alliance, make one. a player joins alliance with that name, how do u know he will want a new one?
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
NolanJB
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09:04 PM »

They're just suggestions..

Click here to join!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
J-Bomb
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 05:44:17 PM »

i geuss ill have to be the anit-crist for this.. I'm against change! that or at least make another sever thats eaither before the galaxy was ever created (less time playing for players who dont have time) or when the galaxy first came out... that would be cool, cause some people (me) enjoyed the simplcity of the game back then, all these new rules and addations are what scared me off every other mmorpg i found around the time i found spaceo.

even when i started playing back then it was hard for a bit lol

but with the new things going on for noobs ( if i was new )-( i would look at the game and not play it )

here is one for next round maybe everyone for 7 days can not attack anyone

so for new people join they dont get 0nd right away

* DSC00002.JPG (417.9 KB, 1224x1632 - viewed 415 times.)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 12:23:45 AM »

Wow Emi, this looks awesome!  wow
That'll surely mean more teamwork for alliances.  1

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
ninjastrike40
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »

Pweople need to work together as an allaince. this will surely bring thme closer together. do you know approxiameatly when it'll be done emi?

Winning a forum argument is like winning an argument with your mother.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

i have a question (was probly alrdy asked but i didnt see it) will alliance attacking be like normal attacking but with warps? as it stands the larger alliance will have WAY more crap then ne one else and (especially if structures cant run) they will just plain pwn.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »

i took the liberty of shortening that a bit

Alliance structures generate income and assets to be used in other alliance tasks only.
Alliances will get more troops then commanders would to better protect their contributing members and facilities.
An alliance will be able to use it's fleets to defend against commanders but can not attack commanders.
After a war declaration and 24 hours of preparation on both sides, The Alliance can siege / attack alliance
structures (and fleets?) but not privately owned structures.

love it, 1 Q though: no surprise attacks?

The Alliance forces will be controlled by appointed members. The leader can issue ranks and give access to alliance
structures, bases, planets, fleets, etc.

awesome

do finish whatever was first on the list though

edit:
how about getting caps on stuff u can donate to the alliance so most alliances can max out their daily quota..
that would keep it a fair game.. the caps would have to increase over time ofcourse

maybe incorporate the territory idea i saw somewhere else into alliances rather then for single commanders

an alliance war will most likely trigger a pvp war as well btw
an increase in attacking to keep alliances from getting their quota is also possible
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:35:55 PM by mgc » Report to moderator   Logged
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 08:44:13 AM »

there we go, i like that donation cap fix. it also prevents abuse (players dumping creds in to drop fp).

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »

em i re-read over this and have a few qustions, for one this seems based with protecting planets, mining faclitys, and space stations, but i dont see a use outside of that.  this wont will do much at all other than the "custum ranks" which is mostly just for looks... an allaicne can completly ignore this update and it wouldnt be noticed, who besides newbs and bored top ranked players even bother to make space staitons?

if you want to make the allaince more together you would have to find a way to (without abuse of course) make it so alliance funds can be used to attack or drain the cash of members of another allaince they are at war with, killing a station wont do much, but assiting in sabatoge, raids, boards ect is entirely different.

the least likely for abuse would be useing allaince "marines" to help board more segs, increase chances of capturing ships, raid more cash out of a base when raiding, increase chances of scouting, and maybe even add in "spy" operations like spying on someones ships (new form of scouting - make it so if you fail, the person who attacks gets one 'allaicne counter' one any ONE member of that allaince) or secret raids they have no logs of (if you get caught the fleet gets 0red, and it may be costly)    - stuff that will help in an attack, but not by directly assisting the attack itself (thats way to much room for abuse)  and for a final stragey the ablity to once every 24 hours use Allaince based cash to attack a player, (one attack, instant 24 hour neb no matter what, and the ships you used get dispanded after useing it) this way you can use allaince funds as a costly, sometimes ineffective but differently useful weapon.

oh and emi remove the "to declare war you must have 24 hours of preperation" thing, if someone choose to declare war on USA and nuke it i doubt they would mail the countery a 24 hour warning saying "oh, uhm North Korea will declare war on USA and shoots its nukes in 24 hours" war has no warning, its always a surprise.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:41:01 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

mgc
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »

this is more a way to get 2 games into 1 without having them tough each other in to many fields

if your alliance doesnt want to play, thats up to them.. they wont lose anything cause of it if they dont
those that do gain protection (it seems) and another playingfield
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:58 PM »

noone plays that field and when the time comes thouse that do will be SOOOO weak a top player will destory all their allaince has to offer without breaking a sweat.

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

Emi, this idea seems very unpopular, finish your other ones and then start concept design's for the alliance's, instead of just blurting out, im adding this this and this, create a new thread, Concepts, and say, i would like to do this and here is a rough outline of what it may include, what do you think?, that way you can build the idea up gradually based upon players preference's.
Sorry for being a bore, but the players have spoken 13

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »

meh ignore these guys. i like the idea. i think it needs tweaking but that alliance should be able to contribute resources to large projects. maybe have some sort of "wonder" system that allows alliances to gain special abilities or bonuses from unique structures or maybe have the whole thing be part of a big council challenge to "re-planet" the galaxy and offer rewards to the most productive alliances. another way to take this would be to make alliances/alliance funds prty much 1 big player that could do anything other players can do (but with more money). idk, maybe have alliance stuff generate cp... that would make it prty worthwhile and reward competition/participation...

but regardless of what is done, alliances do need some revamping and i don't think anyone will say otherwise

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »

what i really want is along with the chat for the allaince a min "fourm" for the allaince a way to orgonize the allaince a bit more other than the chat as it is now, have the chat then another link saying "fourm" were the leader can make new threads that its members can post on.

that and the ablity to delete allaince messeges between certaint dates, cause i have some newer ones i dont want to remove, but at the same time some super old ones i like to keep on the first page as convience...

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »

lamma speaks wisdom... a constant problem with the alliance board has been that it gets rly rly hard to find stuff on that note though... i dont think an alliance board merits a full forum. maybe let alliance leaders sticky 1-2 posts at a time, up shown posts to 10 and add a couple predefined chat topics?

-Silence444-
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: