Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 01:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mission word wrap and classic news  (Read 5024 times)
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:12:05 AM »

First, I'd like to see the text of missions wrap (think like in Notepad).  The reason for this is that one UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH mission (of whatever it really is).  Rather than continuously taking out the missions that people put in to piss others off, just do this one fix ^_^

Second (and I don't know if this has been suggested before, did a quick look around and didn't see it), I'd like the chat (and maybe the news too?) to be viewable in classic mode.  I like the layout of classic mode more, but cannot be up to date on whatever random stuff people are doing/saying.

Just my 2 bits/suggestions.
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »

Both very good ideas.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:02:05 PM »

Ya, I would like some more seriousness in the missions.

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »

emi could have some "moderators " who can make missions . or some moderators that can delete missions that look like this...

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

or .....................mmmmmmmm............................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

im always doing those to get rid of them. but they still come back to hount me  2

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »

Just have mods who need to approve missions, and a mission proposal prerequisite ^_^.

And we also need to organize a humungonourmus culling of the aformentioned missions.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:48:11 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 02:02:59 PM »

Here's an idea for the missions.

Make missions able to be deleted by player votes (say, 20?).  This would allow for some player control.  Just stick a "vote to delete mission" button near the mission or something.

But nobody's really saying anything about classic view.  I also recently recalled that you can't see how long you have left in a nebula in classic view.  Am I the only one who prefers the simplicity of classic?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 04:49:15 PM »

If we had moderators scanning the missions, they'd never get to play the game! Thousands of missions are added every day, if not tens to hundreds of thousands! No one could possibly go through all those.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:36:11 PM »

not necessarily, luffy, the tousands of missions you refer to are cleaned from the board every couple hours.  what would be looked over is the missions in teh database used to create those missions. also, a simple suggestion would be to simply to either text wrap like you said, OR, not allow any words longer then say, 20 characters.  if the word (yes, uuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is considered 1 word, as there is no space or anything) longer then 20 words, they need to break it up. 

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 01:32:33 AM »

Monkey, that was my reason for having the players-voting-to-delete option.

But you know who is on all the time?  Players.  Players who hate missions that interfere with their enjoyment of the game.  Players that would gladly (at least, I would gladly do so) press a button if it meant getting rid of that stupid quest.

Of course, ars, your idea works too, with the word size limit.  However, I think word wrap is a better idea (what if someone is able to incorporate supercalifragilisticexpealidocious into the mission without it sounding stupid?  or uses hyphens?) to solve the problem, since some missions could conceivably, legitimately, use much-longer-than-normal words.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:20:40 AM »

If we had moderators scanning the missions, they'd never get to play the game! Thousands of missions are added every day, if not tens to hundreds of thousands! No one could possibly go through all those.

I anticipated that, and I countered it with this:

... and a mission proposal prerequisite ^_^.

Don't know how well that'd work, but it's an idea.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 02:12:46 PM »

It'd work the same, as someone has to go through thousands of the things everyday and approve or disapprove them, and ars, missions don't get deleted. If no one did missions all round, we'd have tons of them at the end, easily in the millions, if not billions.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »

ohhh yes they do, luffy.  unless sir emi changed it sometime, you only have about 2-3 hours to do a mission before it's time runs out and it gets taken off the board, hence "deleted"

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »

it would be easyer if there was a REPORT MISSION button , to report it to a mod / admin so they can handle it  ( edit delete etc .. )   15

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: