Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 06:59:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxy update Suggestion ( long term )  (Read 3641 times)
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:38 PM »

As you all know a galaxy is made out of many many solar systems comets stars bla bla .... so i sugggest changing the quadrans into solar systems and a allaince can capture an entire solar system and guard it with fleets and in each solarsystem there should be a habitateble world were alliances can have their "home" you can capture another alliances home but to have a penalty for the big alliances that can conquesr most of the others , if you conquer an sollar system you will lose your previous one ,

An alliance can have only one solar system that they can call it home , and agian for the safety of the smaller alliances , only the alliance leader can choose to attack ( conquer) a certain solar system. and it should work like this : a leader comes online posts a message on the board , We need to conquer this sollar system ( coordinates - name ) and then he should have an option to attack that sollar system and have a window of oportunity ,since the leader chosed to attack that certain sollar system , of 24 hours. in that time if any of the alliance members attack that sollar system and destroy the defending armada the alliance will call it their own , and also to prevent oters from captureing it right after it was captured form another alliance , there should be a "nebula kind " of protection of 24 h to give the alliance time  to build defences there, fleets , maybe buildings on the habitable planet ( coz that is the target of the sollarsystem ) and maybe put some mines in the orbit to attack enemy units decreasing the fleets ACU or ABS. Also if a solar system takes massive attack from another alliance and loose more power than most of the players in the top 50 dont have it should be called again a "nebula kind " of protection , From the dark dust that resulted in the fight you cant attack because you cant see anything and it will need agian a 24h clean out time, in with the alliance that owns that sollarsystem can put more defensive troops.

On that planet an alliance can have workers that generate cr that can be invested ONLY in that Solarsystem , also you can invest your own creds in there for defences , mining operations , and a new ability that should be imprented now , workers that mine resources that can be sold in the market !!!

And why not , if an Alliance captures a certain sollarsystem they can choose to name it.

And i need to specify some things here : even thou the only the leader of an alliance ( and if implemented ,the Sub commander ) can choose when and wich solar systme to attack , all the members can contribuete to the home base , planet , with cr as workers , fleets , build cannons , all that stuff.

So .. were these 20 minutes i just lost of my life worthless or at least i impressed someone with my imagination ?  laugh

Im gonna post it in suggestions also. others can coment it there.
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 07:19:42 PM »

as I said in the other thread, sounds great, but really complicated.

Finis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:54:37 AM »

Assuming this gets implemented completely:

1. An alliance leader decides to conquer another alliance's solar system and succeeds. What happens to the defeated alliance?

2. A modification to your attack procedure. Alliance leader posts attack. For the next 24 hours all players in that alliance contribute to an attack fleet. Simultaneously the defending alliance recieves warning that a fleet is gathering for an attack. The members of that alliance are putting together their defenses. After the 24 hour build up period, one attack ensues between the 2 forces.
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 04:41:11 PM »

i like finis' idea, it sounds really good, and alot more like a siege then just random attacks on the enemy's solar system for 24 hours

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »

yes, that it does.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »

possible problem I have seen using any "point system" to determine the winners of an alliance war:

1: someone makes their attacks, gets their "points" then leaves the alliance, leaving only people already in a neb in the alliance to bring them back in.

so basically, Space Balls declares war on G_Unit, I have everyone attack Space Balls weakest people, then leave except for 1 or 2 people, which we then neb.  since you cannot actually hit anyone in the ACTUAL alliance, you lose the war, then we all have everyone get "recruited" back into the alliance via the people we nebbed earlier.

just thought this should be brought up now, just in case.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Finis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:12:08 PM »

Well, I can't defend Ricu's method. However, the intent behind mine was that the alliance members commit some of their fleets to the attack or defense. Then one large battle ensues. If a member leaves the alliance before the attack, remove their fleets from the commited list. There would need to be an exception to the 10 fleet limit, otherwise only the top 10 fleets from each side would battle.
pondmonkey
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:42:51 PM »

sounds grate! but if thay did it it wod tack mouths of work to do. and to solve ars68 thery after thay are warned of the attack thay cant leave(if thay still wonted to) untill after the attack.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »

No pond monkey, Finis just explained that if you took the fleets out if they left it would work. And the coding for this wouldn't be incredibly hard, since Sir Emi could start with the battle codes he ahs now and change them.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: