Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 08:13:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A Few Design Dilemmas  (Read 6334 times)
Kinetic
Private

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2006, 09:58:03 AM »

i think the questions i have are what this section of forum was intended for?

if nto pelase try and answer 16

weapons: high damage versus high accuracy?

which is best when i attack i seem to get first hit and high damage is naturally useful here later on down the battle i seem to fail in attacks im assuming this is accuracy.  for cost effectiveness i had low accuracy tring to make those "swarmers" ppl talk about.

special versus armour

armour gives u much hp, but u can get hp and def bonusses from specials .  what are peoples preferred options here , downside to specials is it can eat ur energy also cost.

several fleets?

ive got into a few battles now and it seems if u spread ur ships over multiple fleets it is an advantage in most cases , is there anything behind this i havent quite worked out how battle works

side note
suggestion for emi(btw great game) a more detailed battle log so when i get battered when offline i can see how much damage i took/did compared to others fleet

swarmers versus motherships:  the swarm bonus i think i see now does have a big effect, but which is better to have 1 high attack/def ship low numbers or many ships.  im thinking in terms of power loss.

also how is the power points made up for each ship what adds most ship hull? weapons? e.t.c. ty sry if there noob suggestions only been playing 2 days but think the concept and feature so f game are brilliant.
Report to moderator   Logged
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »

All good questions.  I suggest joining an alliance and taking advantage of the verterans knowledge to answer these and any other questions you may have.  Being in an alliance will also , to some extent, further protect you from multiple attacks.  I suggest The Connection.  They are part of G-Unit.  But you are more than free to join with any you wish.

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 04:20:13 PM »

Try contacting ars68, lunanova, or gunfighter_frank with these questions, they probably can answer them. And you should join The Connection, lunanova is their leader and he'll gladly help you there.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 05:04:07 PM »

Clan, Annihilation of Faith ;), will help you to 1

weapons: high damage versus high accuracy?                   Look to the battle calc below

special versus armour        For swarmers armour is better as armour is cheaper on low HP, when you're gonna design larger ships with more HP and Def, dont sue armour anymore make 1 special with all stats (hp/def/def %)

several fleets?            Several fleets has + and -, a big + is that when you get attack you will most likely only use a small amount of youre total fleet power. Whilst if you had it all in one you coul lose everything in one shot. Downfall to this is that every fleet is weaker then if you had it all in 1 fleet. Especialy with defence. As an eye on missions you should mostly have atleast 3 strongfleets. And its youre choice if you want more, but remember never there will be more then 10 fleets in a battle.

swarmers versus motherships:  the swarm bonus i think i see now does have a big effect, but which is better to have 1 high attack/def ship low numbers or many ships.  im thinking in terms of power loss.                   With swarmers you lose much more often power, but with 1 big ship when you lose you lose it all. Mostly its best to first start with swarmers and when you grow stronger start using more and more very strong ships. Then you'll ships always have a backup of swarmers

also how is the power points made up for each ship what adds most ship hull? weapons? e.t.c. ty sry if there noob suggestions only been playing 2 days but think the concept and feature so f game are brilliant.       All do influence the power, but weight and attack do most.

Well, in the battle, it is not only one formula, but several, that modify the base atributes of your fleets.

I will try to describe them for you...

X is attacker Y is defender:

C - crew level bonus
A - attack (all weapons)
AC - accuracy (0-1)
AB - accuracy bonus from computers
ASP - accuracy siege pennalty (-0.1 reg, -0.3 board -0.3 raid, -0.8 ambushed)
ACP - accuracy mutiple shots penalty (between -0.6 and -1 depending on the shot, at first shot is 0 )
S - shield abs
D - defence
DB - defence bonus from specials
SM - swarm bonus
N - numbers

TA - total fleet attack
TD - total defence

TA = (A + C + SM) * (AC+AB-ASP-ACP) * N
TD = (D + C + SM) * (D * (1+DB) ) * N

When we have X stats and Y stats, then comes the battle, and shields absorbiton, defence to determine damage done and received, other formulas lol... ok, hope this helps...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 09:54:19 PM »

FTP, you've confused me, and I'm a vet here (Of course, math never was my strong point, so that may be playing a part in it.) Most of use don't worry about all that math stuff, we just get a feeling for what we need to do or change to get what we're wanting out of a ship, but if math's your thing, then by all means. If not, just fiddle with designing till you figure out how it works in a way that makes sense to you.

Hobey-ho,
Luffy

P.S. G-Unit is recruiting.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 08:18:03 AM »

I love math, I design ships in my head using math then I try them out on SO and mostly then my calculations or correct 1 As for every system i design I know the exact price its going to cost me to put it on this ship. Math all the way. at this way its pretty easy to look wether to raise acc or att with a little math 1

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »

well, let us put it this way, the accuracy you have is how much of that huge attack you actually do to the enemy ships.  so 10 mil attack with 1% ACC will only do 100k. 

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 12:13:04 AM »

So, basically, you need to balance it out.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: