Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 22, 2024, 10:59:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stash interest new mechanic - SO WARS  (Read 9775 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »

This update is on SO Wars only.

- Stash amount in secret base now distracts your workers, they won't be able to steal your stash from the vaults however they have their eyes on the interest coming in. As long as you keep your stash amount below your workers amount, you wouldn't be affected in any way.

- Once stash amount gets over the workers in the secret base this is what happens: Workers start to steal interest, depending on how much stash you have over the workers, e.g. 100 mil workers and 150 mil stash, then 150 / 100 => 50% of the interest is stolen. If you have 2% interest, you get 1%. You reach 0% interest whenever the stash is more then double the workers value. So fore each % the stash is over the workers amount, the more % of the interest is stolen.

- No change to the interest or max interest amounts or how it is given
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:14:37 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »

Ok so to avoid this i just keep the amount of money in my stash below the amount of workers i have. Ok, when i first saw this today i was like "what!?" i didnt really get it but ok i do now
Report to moderator   Logged

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 06:26:48 PM »

Yes you have to keep the stash below the workers but if you go away for some time, it's no problem if the stash accumulates as longs as it's not over double the workers value you gain interest. E.g. you have 1.2 stash for each worker, only 20% of the interest is lost.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 06:32:31 PM »

Emi - very nice - thanks for this.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

k nice change lost 70% of my income but i render planets will make that up so when are they coming out  wow
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

k nice change lost 70% of my income but i render planets will make that up so when are they coming out  wow

Yes that's correct planets should make up for the additional income, and this gives me time to work on the planets project and not change anything to the secret base.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »

great update emi

cant say how much this will change things for the better. cant wait for planets  wow

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

I want my money back for my gold account one of the main reasons I went gold was to get more interest.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:12 PM »

And you will basill but keep your workers above the creds in your stash

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

I want my money back for my gold account one of the main reasons I went gold was to get more interest.

You still get double interest if you are Gold.

If it doesn't help, you could transfer your Gold to another server that doesn't have the change. Thank you.

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »

You mean transfer like give your gold account to your pro on another server so that pro doesnt have it or make it to where both have it. Because i joined PvE and i dont really want to buy gold account again but i still want gold on WARS

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 10:30:49 PM »

You mean transfer like give your gold account to your pro on another server so that pro doesnt have it or make it to where both have it. Because i joined PvE and i dont really want to buy gold account again but i still want gold on WARS

I'm making a feature in the account room, you will have to option once a month to transfer all remaining days of Gold to another account on the same server or another server. E.g. you have 60 days and decide to leave or switch server, you can take the Gold days with you or give it to someone else.

Also for Gold account in accont room, option to change username once a month. User id remains the same.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:33:19 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »

when will that be in affect

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »

Yeah thats real useful if i have several trill in stash and several bil in workers I lose one hell of a lot of interest even if I take enough out to be below my workers.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 12:39:19 AM »

Yeah thats real useful if i have several trill in stash and several bil in workers I lose one hell of a lot of interest even if I take enough out to be below my workers.

Everyone is going to be effected by this cap Basil - some players might not be effected right away as you have been though.  The up side is that the AI guys economies arent running out of control anymore - meaning they arent going to cap out the game soon, and everyone else has some chance to hit the high ground now.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: