Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 02:16:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stash Cap  (Read 9514 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »

Emi Posted -

Mkay, I am currently working on:

SO WARS - Secret base capacity depends on mothership segment numbers, the more segments you have the more workers / stash can be deposited.
- Any excess amount when the update is implemented will be deposited to the mothership like this: excess workers * 2 + excess stash.
- Once the max capacity is reached for each of the workers / stash excess amount is lost like this: e.g. max stash reached, then you lose worker production & interest, e.g. excess workers  reached, no more growth.
- The max deposit amount will be clearly visible in the secret base, and prob some indications of how much % is beeing used.

Anybody against the cap for sercret base please post and please provide arguments on why you are against it.
You may also express approval and provide arguments on why it would be a good change.

Thank you.

Thought Id start this as a new thread.

Emi - I think the stash cap and worker cap need to work independently, Im not sure I fully understand what your proposing - the language you have used makes it a bit tricky to understand.

Workers are already capped by segments - I believe that the way it works currently is fine.  When you lose segments you lose bio farms, and your worker growth goes negative - meaning workers begin to die off.  This is a nice way for it to work - it gives players a chance to recover segs somehow and work on getting their growth to zero or better again.

For stash, my suggestion is leave the interest rate as it is - but the interest rate will only apply to a certain amount of the stash- and that value should be displayed.

For example if you have 10 million segs, then your stash limit might be 100 trillion for example.  Lets say your adjusted interest rate is 2.5%, that means your income from stash is going to be 2.5 trillion a day.  But maybe you have 250 trillion in your stash - then your income would still only be 2.5 trillion per day.  In the secret base under stash, display the maximum stash available to gain interest - in this example, 100 trillion.

We definitely need a cap - othwerise you create accounts where players no longer have to care about segments and pvp attacks - because their stash is the only real source of income.

As for what cap to put in, its hard to say.  If you make it low - then those that had high stashes running over that amount get an advantage in that they had a bonus for a long time that others are not going to get.  If you make it lower, then the high players will get abig cut in current income, and lower ranked players can hit the cap faster.

So, seems a bit of either/or to me.  The cap will basically effect everyone equally, just that some will be effected immediatly and others wont be effected until later.

Some players have very large stashes at the moment, for example in excess of 500 trillion - the advantage they have already had from no stash limit will be like a cash bonus - the time it takes to stabilize will roughly be the same regardless of where the cap is placed - if its high, then the high end players economies continue to be very high, meaning a long time to catch up - if its lower then their income gets chopped, but the cash reserves remain and will take a long time to equalize.

I think somewhere in the region of 1 million segs = 10 to 50 trillion stash limit is about right.  If you wanted to balance stash and workers income, then it would be about 1 mil segs = 25 tril stash.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:21:50 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:48:42 AM »

didn't even read the whole thing...

WHY CANT  YOU GUYS JUST BE HAPPY WITH THE GAME ALREADY! IT DOESN'T NEED CHANGE!
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:46:10 AM »

~slowly walks in front of jessi, hands him a chill pill~
>.>
<.<
~runs~

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »

didn't even read the whole thing...

it doesnt need a change for you. you can still attack people people still attack you.

come back here and say everything is fine when you havent found any 1 2 attack in 4 months
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:40:31 AM »

well then maybe u should make ur own alliance and attack tz  16

or maybe do what everyone suggested. if you are 'too good' to attack anyone, make an alt and raze hell for all i care. you shouldn't be complaining about being rich

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

Well, the game was designed for a short sharp trip to cap Fleet Power and then reset, starting a new round.

There are a lot of things that could be changed to make a perpetual universe work.

And this is probably one of them.

If changes are not made, AI has won, we rule the Universe, no one need bother playing anymore, our lead is unassailable, in fact I don't even need to play a single turn and I fairly certain in 20 or so months I will cap out. Growth is exponential and the bigger you are, the faster you grow, once you get ahead of the pack ....... You've won, there is no use continuing. No further effort is required.

Making Stash dependent on Segments is a way of reining in this exponential growth and encourages people to play. It will concentrate the relative power of the various commanders and provide competition amongst those at the top end. If there is a healthy PvP atmosphere at the top end then new people will be able to join and mix it up before too long. As it is now, anyone joining this server is wasting their time if they ever think they will be competitive with the top end.

Soon there will be people at the top end who don't play, surrounded by lots of people who just joined who are and will forever remain no threat. They might scrap it out between themselves for whatever rewards that may seem appropriate to themselves, but the older players, the ones who have been with the game since it started, who want to play ... just don't have any reason too.

I like the cap on stash as Amagnon understands it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 01:33:56 PM by Tzarkoth » Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Nephadral
Lance Corporal

Main: Nephadral(#8913) WARS: Nephadral(#1341)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »

As my first official post I would like to agree with TZ on all accounts, especially with him agreeing with amagnon on his version of the stash cap.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!! although adding new extra stuff like aliens is cool when done CAREFULLY.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »

and when done to where it wont totally screw everything up

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »

Ok, the problem on SO WARS is the stash interest income is way over the mining facility income, I'm thinking remove the secret base interest completely:

- Remove interest completely and let the mining facilities and other stuff that will follow, like planets take the lead in offline production. Because of the amount of income the interest generates, new sources of income will not be able to keep up, so that's why it should be taken out for SO WARS.

- Workers deposit their production in stash, and make production cycles for secret base every 60 minutes, like the mining facility.
- Refund CP for commander ability that increases interest and disable it
- Refund resources for the mothership module that increases interest and disable it

Suggestions, comments please. Thank you.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »

i hadn't thought of removing it entirely. i think it could work but id still like to hear what other people think.

production cycles every 60 minutes could be good as long as the production is the same

but if interest was taken out, then there would be no reason to leave cash in ur base. that would take out 1/2 the reason to raid someone.

maybe instead:
lower the interest rate by 50%. make credits kept in hand give no fp/commander power. that way the top end can stop complaining about having too much money and the lower end doesn't lose income off of interest

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

i like the idea of taking stash interest out but dont like the worker production every 60 mins

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »

I don't like it at all part of the reason you get a gold account is to double your interest and as for lowering it 50% you just took part of my gold also. If you have to much money just attack someone high they will be glad to take some away from you tarzie is on intel all the time.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 02:45:25 AM »

I don't like it at all part of the reason you get a gold account is to double your interest and as for lowering it 50% you just took part of my gold also. If you have to much money just attack someone high they will be glad to take some away from you tarzie is on intel all the time.

Well, Gold accounts could have 50% more production from workers on SO WARS...

I'm for removing the interest, there's not much secret base raids and there would still be workers in there and stash credits from production.

The point I'm trying to make is that we would then be able to go forward to making a production evironement for the planets, parts of the raids would then be made on the planets that will be sieged / plundered / attacked / raided. The planets have to be able to produce lots of good stuff and to be a nice target  1
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:49:30 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 05:49:59 AM »

k so removing the intrest ok so you giong to refund  cp and mothership mod right that giong to take you somestime.

the reason no 1 raid a secret base is simple the change to warp away it so big since almost every 1 has set him self to always try to warp away.

i say you lower it be a big ammount and give normal accounts 0.25% and gold 0.5% wich will infact drop intrest gain below worker production.

also workers give 50% more production but only generate cash every 60min basicly the income be workers is reduced by 34% extra as well.

so basicly this also is a major buff 2 buddy nebbers on warsserver i havent seen them come out of a neb afther the change still so thats either broken or they sit behind there comp for 12 hours wich is pretty sad  laugh

so when are planets giong to be put in my income will drop by around 90% and i will still have no 1 2 attack for a while i might aswell build a planet.

since with the income drop all the pvp will grind 2 a big stop since every 1 out of cash add in the dim counter you want to put in vs the totaly broken warp mech if you ask me will basicly stop it entirely. i mean the warp tech were also made for a 6month round you need to change that aswell. just making warp disruptors cost the same as warp stabs and refunding the exess in turns and cps people spend on disruptors will make pvp alot more interesting.

also can you thinkg about a fix for bounty hunting in wars?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 06:00:20 AM by SlayerX » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: