Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 12:15:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Please Start DDay Allready  (Read 13621 times)
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »

yes, definatly, but the players should have decided when - specifecally(sic) what time, too many people are working or school at the current end time - 1130am on a weekday?? c'mon. it should at least be ending during off hours - late afternoon,evening, or middle of night. personally it makes no big difference to me, i fell so far behind the aliens i wasn't even in the running to finish high. but there has been this understanding that the players work it out. and in the past e has refused to intervene - stating that dday will happen when enough players want it too. to loosley quote a mail he sent me some rounds ago.Anyways if i'da had the dday button we'd be starting the new round yesterday(sunday)

trapping the players in dday also destroys a whole range of strategy which has been used effectivly in the past to destroy enemies and win wars.

well, there goes another cool aspect.(sorry this post is so long)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:46:46 PM by lostedchylde » Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
MeGuaRen
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »

There are people maxed so the round should end, its as clear as that  12

DDay should happen when either:
20 people join the armada
OR
1 Person Maxes out. This will prevent excruciatingly long games. 1
Report to moderator   Logged
CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 02:09:05 PM »

Let's not get this twisted... the people that max have chosen their course of action with full understanding of the consequences.

As Losted has indicated, there has been a strategy use in dday research that has been negated by breaking more rules to facilitate one's desires. Seriously, if we were to be trapped in dday (without warning) at least have the decency to allow the hostages of dday to retaliate sans the rules... it's not like it's the only rules being broken. Without allowing dday researchers to escape the constant attacks, even immediate dday would've been a more palatable solution. THINK PEOPLE!

This round has been riddled with rule bending/breaking even to the extent of going against the creator's own intervention standards that he himself set. I'm disgusted in the fact that I actually believed that these irresponsible actions were over... suppose it's just par for the course.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:11:48 PM by CrimsonSmear » Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »

I havent played in 3 weeks I surely didnt max myself  21

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 06:27:03 PM »

I haven't played in 3 weeks I surely didn't max myself  21

Someone with you pass must of played on your account.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2008, 06:48:22 PM »

Correct  laugh

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

Let's not get this twisted... the people that max have chosen their course of action with full understanding of the consequences.

What else do you wanna do?
Not max out and wait other to be higher than you?
You are NOT allowed to attack anyone when you are already able to max, as Wiley was zreoed by kryo's account, where-after Wiley got his ships back from Emi because kryo was able to max.

Sooo.. It's max out, and stay max.
Or: don't max and wait a few days before you max.

What would you do? confused

Greetz, ABI w00t2

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »

Are you really that confused as to the target of my statement?
Maybe you should read the forum in the timeline presented, then you'll understand that it was directed at the "excruciatingly long games" comment. Just because a few commanders exploited an aspect of the game to rush to max, does not justify ending the game for everyone else that didn't have the understanding of the game or that chose not to take advantage of the eploit.
I was merely pointing out that the commanders that rushed to max knew what it meant when they max. I have no sympathy for them being bored because they can't attack anyone else... that was the course they chose.

On that note, I will no longer be posting in this thread as dday is upon us all.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:56:27 AM by CrimsonSmear » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: