Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 23, 2024, 05:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Self nebula fix, please comment  (Read 20967 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:31 AM »

Frank if you make turn growth half in neb. It would be a disaster to get a neb because turns = income.
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 05:19:44 AM »

yea it would ruin it for those that get attacked normally, its just punishing them more for being attacked, how would that possibly work

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 11:14:21 AM »

Sir Emi  I am all for fixing this neb thing.  we all know that being in CP or council protection dotn hurt anyone they can stsill grow and keep growing by doing missions and get turns from Black holes and trun items.  thus more limits need to be put on this.  also this self neb or buddy nebing is at ridculous levels.  that is the reason I have not been playing.  I have since before it was implemented voiced my opinion on this subject.  I am for the destruction of real assests being the rule for a neb.  I am against Pships even though I was the creator of some of the first ones.  I say we leave the 20% fleet power but also add in the 10% of total assets.  This makes buddy nebbing actually costly a bit.  and also to keep people from wanting to be in a neb.  while in a neb your turn growth is halved.

What about 20% power and 10% assets to enter nebula, this could be a good idea... would make you invest some more in the pships, maybe make them swarmers to cost a bit more but it would be more fair I think.

I could make this for SO WARS first and leave it for a few days to see how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:19:27 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »

Whats wrong with the diminishing return idea for SO wars seems everyone seems to favor it for SO WARS?

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »

Umm, don't change the way you enter Neb on SO Wars.

Just its length, as per the diminishing returns thread.

I dunno even what you mean by saying 10% assets ... How did you work out what an asset was?

I'm against changing the rules at all ... Re writing the rules to suit a particular playstyle after the game has commenced is dumb. Sure, modify or tweak to fix a loophole, but change the rules mid game? No thank you.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »

i agree
i think everyone has agreed that for wars diminishing returns are best

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »

I thought the growth + interest loss sounded good, someone post the link to the diminishing returns thread please?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 12:45:37 AM »

i agree

The diminishing returns may generate lots of bugs and may also take a lot of time to code / test.

This is what assets are:

Credits + Secret Base Credits + Secret Base Workers + Segments * 1.000.000
+
Fleet Cost * Ship Numbers + Fleet Marines (Fleets not in reserve)
=
Total assets

Once I do the 10% assets, I'll run a few tests leaving the old system, while loging neb entries with assets / power to see if they are a viable option.

The idea is to enter the nebulae if the commander lost 20% of total power & 10% of total assets in the last 24 hours. You could lose power in one attack, then lose assets in another and if the conditions are meet you can enter the nebulae. Damage is cumulated with each attack, as it always was.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 12:52:02 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 01:14:51 AM »

emi, im sure if you simply enforced the rules you wouldnt have the problem in the first place.. dont be afraid to ban someone.. if they get reported, i doubt it will take more than 2-3 minunets to look up there account.. and find they are cheating..

and if your lazy try to add a "report abuse" botton to the game, and have a program that will automaticaly cheak for attacks on the same IP adress from differnt accounts. and ban accordinly...

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »

yeah lamma. exactly. why "fix" something that isn't broken. it's just begging trouble. everyone knows who hides in the misgotten nebs.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 02:53:29 AM »

i agree

The diminishing returns may generate lots of bugs and may also take a lot of time to code / test.

This is what assets are:

+
=
Total assets

Once I do the 10% assets, I'll run a few tests leaving the old system, while loging neb entries with assets / power to see if they are a viable option.

The idea is to enter the nebulae if the commander lost 20% of total power & 10% of total assets in the last 24 hours. You could lose power in one attack, then lose assets in another and if the conditions are meet you can enter the nebulae. Damage is cumulated with each attack, as it always was.

Fleet marines shouldnt be counted as assest as selfnebbers/buddy nebbers dont use marines they would even get rewarded for not using them because of cheaper nebula's

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:38 AM »

Fleet marines shouldnt be counted as assest as selfnebbers/buddy nebbers dont use marines they would even get rewarded for not using them because of cheaper nebula's

Your thinking backwards FTP. 

If marines arent counted as assets, then you can stack up the marines to lower you apparent net worth - spending credits that disappear from your balance sheet, thus making it cheaper to enter neb. 

If marines are counted, then your net worth stays the same, your converting credits into marines - so your thinking is in reverse.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 06:12:15 AM »

I think what he means to say is that: when you have marines, you don't need a nebula... Opps
As most people go in a nebula 'cus they don't have marines 14

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 08:26:47 AM »

Emi -

Your proposed fix changes how ships function, it changes attack and defensive strategies.

Id rather handle some bugs and a delay for the right fix than get something that alters the game so dramatically.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 08:29:56 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2008, 08:32:01 AM »

+
=
Total assets

My total Assets are 1 Quintillion .... My Fleets are worth 100 Trillion.

My Entire Fleet could be destroyed and I still wouldn't be in a Nebula.

~~~~~~~

I like the reporting idea better.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 08:35:47 AM by Tzarkoth » Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: