Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 25, 2024, 09:29:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galaxy Project Update  (Read 31243 times)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 02:21:03 AM »

Sorry too triple post but here's a suggestion,maybe a search bar in case you already know the name of a quadrant but not where it is on the map?
Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:20 AM »

yes, i had that in mind, didn't have the time to do it yet, will do, and the fleets protecting encounters is a good idea too, thanks

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 05:34:02 AM »

how about just find with corrds

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 05:40:46 AM »

are you shure there is a respawn for encounters ? i wasted about 1500 turns and found only 2 , yesturday i found about 1-2 encounters in each quadron. now its liek 1 in 10 .. what happened ?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 07:50:09 AM »

Ricu, what happened is everyone is doing encounters, so they are becoming less and less common. Also, Sir Emi, you should add the ability to see if you have messages waiting while in the galaxy. and I think something needs to be done with the turns needed to mine stuff, lower them or something, because to get enough of the items to build 1 building takes well over 2 days worth of turns nearly, which is kinda high and prevents you from doing anything else. Also, you should make the time it takes for your nav computer's info to be wrong longer then a day. I went back to the place I first started (I haven't moved more then a quadrant over either) and the info about what was going on was wrong.

And this is just a question. Do the resources respawn (if you empty them out, and if you leave them alone for a while while there is still some in them) and do other resources spawn in them (say your area doesn't have gold. Will gold ever spawn in your area?)?

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 09:53:58 AM »

Luffy this morning i logged in and noone was doing encounters , last message was from Ronald who was online like a lot fo hours ago , and still i was barely finding any encoutners :-/ there should be at least 5 in each quadron. ive seen some quadrons with over 7 and some with none...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »

That's because where they respawn is random. Totally random. walk into a gym, and have somone throw a jar of paper clips that's open up into the air as hard as they can. Those paper clips are encounters, where they land is random, so they could all respawn in the exact same spot, or they could respawn in 10k different places.

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 03:51:53 PM »

hmmm ...

First opinion about the galaxy map was that it was excelent , even better. Ive started killing some reavers for some XP and then some encounters. iven thou i spend sometimes about 60 turns to find one the reward compesanted this. and i did this again and again ... it gived a excelent revard coz i encountered a black hole and i gote some turns back ...

Now after almost 24h from launch, im wasting about 150 turns to get an encounter that rewards me with liek 3mission rewards.. so i get in lossing
Each minute, there are encounters poping up all over the place, some easy, some harder. When you see them, click on them to see how much fleets you would face. Your power is not inportant, and if you find easy ones, the better. Just about 1 of 2 systems will have an encounter at any time in one day, provided they are not taken by others, and you find a quiet quadrant, you can get rich very quickly...

I am the last do do encounters in the new , it passed about 20 minutes now , and i still cant find encounters , actualy i can find but very poor, its almost not worth it anymore. the first day was actualy excelent. if you cant still find encoutners so easy at least make more blak holes so we dont get 1000 turns wasted for the reward i could have gotten in 20 missions..( 300 turns )

The update is verry good , but the actual settings are not good , only high players can do encounters and mine , the small one need theri creds for fleets not 2% bonus in their acc or abs.

you should make more encounter , much more , and place them between 200mil - 2 bil the more frequent and then the 5-10 bil a bit more rare and above 10 bil not so many as only few can get them...

But as i think the system works out the total ranking powers and devides them with the forumas you coded ( i dont know just fliping coins here  16 )  but lower it a bit and make them more frequet. it would be better for everyone. as you might have seen only the top 10 are doing encounters and the rest are loosing to reavers.... this aint good.

ah yes edit -------------

the counters should be devided in each quadrants , now there are quadrants with no encounters , ive checked 4 until lnow and i havend beet there , and the news say noone has , and they are empty , some even dont have reavers and resources.

it would be better to have when they respawn about 4-5 in each quadrand , you might find 3 on a star and none in other in the same quadrant and have like 3 small power , 2 medium and one with high power. they are 7 stars in each quadrant , so if there were like 5-6 encounters  in a quadrant , 3 small 2 medium and one verry big it would be best for the lower ranks also .
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 04:02:35 PM by Ricu » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 05:35:21 PM »

also, the 10% re-activation is fine, when you need it where you are at NOW, but what is the point when it is "instantly jumping" to where it is already at?  could you please have no activation fee if it is not jumping anywhere to get to you?  I mean, the reason is, 10% fee is fine for reserving, but when it is guarding a system, it can STILL get blown up.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 05:57:48 PM »

i think we should be able to chat within quadrents and be able to attack intruders who are unwelcome

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:10 PM »

As you all know a galaxy is made out of many many solar systems comets stars bla bla .... so i sugggest changing the quadrans into solar systems and a allaince can capture an entire solar system and guard it with fleets and in each solarsystem there should be a habitateble world were alliances can have their "home" you can capture another alliances home but to have a penalty for the big alliances that can conquesr most of the others , if you conquer an sollar system you will lose your previous one ,

An alliance can have only one solar system that they can call it home , and agian for the safety of the smaller alliances , only the alliance leader can choose to attack ( conquer) a certain solar system. and it should work like this : a leader comes online posts a message on the board , We need to conquer this sollar system ( coordinates - name ) and then he should have an option to attack that sollar system and have a window of oportunity ,since the leader chosed to attack that certain sollar system , of 24 hours. in that time if any of the alliance members attack that sollar system and destroy the defending armada the alliance will call it their own , and also to prevent oters from captureing it right after it was captured form another alliance , there should be a "nebula kind " of protection of 24 h to give the alliance time  to build defences there, fleets , maybe buildings on the habitable planet ( coz that is the target of the sollarsystem ) and maybe put some mines in the orbit to attack enemy units decreasing the fleets ACU or ABS. Also if a solar system takes massive attack from another alliance and loose more power than most of the players in the top 50 dont have it should be called again a "nebula kind " of protection , From the dark dust that resulted in the fight you cant attack because you cant see anything and it will need agian a 24h clean out time, in with the alliance that owns that sollarsystem can put more defensive troops.

On that planet an alliance can have workers that generate cr that can be invested ONLY in that Solarsystem , also you can invest your own creds in there for defences , mining operations , and a new ability that should be imprented now , workers that mine resources that can be sold in the market !!!

And why not , if an Alliance captures a certain sollarsystem they can choose to name it.

And i need to specify some things here : even thou the only the leader of an alliance ( and if implemented ,the Sub commander ) can choose when and wich solar systme to attack , all the members can contribuete to the home base , planet , with cr as workers , fleets , build cannons , all that stuff.

So .. were these 20 minutes i just lost of my life worthless or at least i impressed someone with my imagination ?  laugh

Im gonna post it in suggestions also. others can coment it there.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »

it's a good idea, though kind complicated, and I think Sir Emi is implementing something like this. as for encounters, I do think the respawn rate needs to be upped, the amount of turns for mining all 1 or no more then 5 and you just have to pay more for each thing your mining, so upping the price would be fair compensation. Also, up the respawn on resources, it's too low and slow, I noticed my system gained 300 for 1 day, and that was it. Good, but has a lot of work to be done.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »

well ill be happy if my fleet can also not only gaurd the recouses but the encounters to.. so i can really claim a little bit of the galxay for my own..

oh and my area is dead center of the map.. ok not dead center.. a little to the upper right but its around there (what i had to pick the bussiest spot in the galaxy the center to set up my camp!

Finis
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »

Just an odd thought, but shouldn't truces still be recognized, at the very least on the alliance level. I mean I had Ronald come through one of my systems and clean out my ships there, although for his rank it took quite a few attacks maybe he was using only one fleet. Yet his alliance and mine have a truce between them.

All in all, it is a good system.
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »

i really like the workers idea, kinda like haveing a secret base in you solar system where your alliance can stash away for building weapons and buldings along with mining costs. so maybe haveing to build something like "worker camps" where your workers would live. also the more workers the more gets produced but not just credits but the differents ores too, but maybe to be a little more fair there will be no growth rate, you only get workers from buying them. truces should be recognized and encounters on the remaining planets of the solor system. this may also make way for alliance wars where you can mass your fleets together and use them to launch a single power strike against another solor system.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: