Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 07:27:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Galaxy Project Update  (Read 30019 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2006, 01:21:17 PM »

The Galaxy Project Update

Well, here it is. It's totaly awesome if you ask me, here are a few pointers on what you can do in the galaxy.

Basic Navigation:
- You have a button named Galaxy Travel in the right left corner of the mothership. This will take you in the system view mode. Here you can view the system and what it contains. The navigation menu is at the top, while the system management menu is at the bottom.
- To make a jump to a new system, just click on the quadrant or galaxy map
- Now click a star, a new small window will open, it will show general star info and nav computer memory info
- Click Navigate here to jump, it will take a couple of turns, depending on the distance from were you are to the star you selected

- Distance is calculated like this: if you are at 100,100 coords, and with to jump to 200,200, were a star is, if will take twice the number of turns than if you would to jump to 150,150

- The second method to navigate and gather scan info is to press Add to nav computer. This will add the system info into the computer, and this info will be available when you click the star again to navigate later on. While the nav computer will memorize the current system info, if you come back very late after, this info could not be so accurate, than you would want to click the Add to nav comp again to update this info

- System Battles
- Each system is protected by Reavers, aliens that lost their worlds a long time ago, and now fight to survive. Long life in space with no means has driven then close to insanity, watch out for them. The more resources the system has, the more of the Reavers you will have to face before going to the next step

- Mining Asteroids
- After clearing the system of the Reavers, you can mine asteroids. Those resources will help build special buildings, that will add to your bonuses, just like commander ability. They are stackable with commander ability, e.g. 2% bonus to attck from CP, and 2% from building => 4% to attack. Mining will require credits and turns, depening on asteroid complexity and value.

- Building
- Each building can require multiple types of asteroids to build. Every new level will increase the amount needed for next building level, similar to commander ability

- Assign fleets to defend resources, battle alliance fleets
- After you cleared a sys, you can also assign fleets to make sure noone else comes and mines your resources.
The fleets will patrol the sys and only let your alliance members mine and assign new fleets. Alliance members can assign fleets in the same system, and in case of an attack, the attacker will have to face all the top 10 most powerfull fleets patroling. The attacker will only be able to capture the sys only when he destroyed every other alliance enemy fleet
- You can still make a sys your own if you have no alliance, in that case only you can assign fleets to it, and mine there
- In case of an attack on a sector with the alliance / com fleets, all the owners of the fleets will get a message informing of the attack

- Encounters
- Exploring has its rewards. Each minute, there are encounters poping up all over the place, some easy, some harder. When you see them, click on them to see how much fleets you would face. Your power is not inportant, and if you find easy ones, the better. Just about 1 of 2 systems will have an encounter at any time in one day, provided they are not taken by others, and you find a quiet quadrant, you can get rich very quickly...

That's about it, in a short description. This is still prototype, and more special encounters / planets / planet construction will be added later, feel free to comment. If you find any bug, report them asap for fixing.

God Speed Commanders!

Sir Emi

Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 03:04:42 PM »

cool!!!!

now i can attack myself! 16 even got the messege that was sent to me from me telling me that i attacked myself!

really good job on the galaxay sir emi im really impressed!!

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

2 words.

rockon

its the best update in the game yet !! the game improved 3 times with this update or even more. 

Ah yes , please make a button to go back to the Main Menu of the game form the galaxy .. i always have to pres back back back 16

fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »

lammalord, you should try and counter yrself and see what happens

and it really is an amazing update, and it's not as confusing as it first sounded
congrats sir emi

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »

Ricu, just click the Main Menu link at the left upper corner of the screen, just up of support us   laugh

monkey, I tryed to explain it, but the more I did, the more confusing it would sound, so I decided just to do it, and than you will know what I was trying to do 1

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »

Whats the respawn time for the encounters ?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 04:25:52 PM »

He said every minute at random, so you could get one right after you do it or not see it for days.

are you gonna add anything special for gold members Sir Emi? This would be an easy thing to add something to for us, lol.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

So far, I'd be surprised if I don't see an encounter in a sector.

Devgil
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 04:44:23 PM »

How do you travel to other quadrants?
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 04:54:43 PM »

The galaxy map.

Anyways, you might already be thinking about it. But if not:

Alliance Buildings ^_^
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 06:42:04 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »

Quadrant Geminorum is now portrolled by DDD Fleets hehe i had to say that its sooo cool!!

just wonder but if someone dosnt go to an area for a really long time can the encounters stack?? as in have like 5 encounters at one star?

that would be cool... also

would it be possible (i dont know if it already is...) that your fleets that protect a stars.. or areas minerals will also protect the encounters... that way i can just find a quadrant... mass up ships, protect it, call it my own and feed off the encounters and recouses that are there.. that would be cool like claiming my own teritory!

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 08:18:05 PM »

I think encounters probably act like missions in some respect. They come every minute, and go away after a certain whatever amount of time.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 11:42:32 PM »

hope i can use my fleets to gaurd counters as long with the recources... to claim my own teritory or something

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 02:12:59 AM »

let me see.
oh, carpfish!

Engaged Units
Fleet Name # of Units Attack Defence Hitpoints
Luthavion Gunners 20095 58339 0 8969                   <- mine!

VS.

Engaged Units
Fleet Name # of Units Attack Defence Hitpoints
Slayer 1 1 36770707 114096 51110175
VictoRy's Vengeance 3 1 17155704 229379 11013750
Banisher 2 3 1717507 42941 2230696
Nedesco x2 6 491007 28594 696574
Wiz 7k 1 19 269803 6690 38526
Test newage 2 3 358 6845 122 8597

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 02:16:30 AM »

Quadrant Geminorum is now portrolled by DDD Fleets hehe i had to say that its sooo cool!!

just wonder but if someone dosnt go to an area for a really long time can the encounters stack?? as in have like 5 encounters at one star?

that would be cool... also

would it be possible (i dont know if it already is...) that your fleets that protect a stars.. or areas minerals will also protect the encounters... that way i can just find a quadrant... mass up ships, protect it, call it my own and feed off the encounters and recouses that are there.. that would be cool like claiming my own teritory!

where's geminorium x.x

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: