Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 01:54:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: fed up  (Read 13203 times)
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:14:07 AM »

you like maxing out in a week? lol..

were is the old Space Odyssey, the one i fell in love with.. it was so simple...

I'm with Lamma on this one but maybe for slightly differant  reasons. Two long years ago when i started playing it was about the thrill of the hunt. We only had commander contracts and that was it. Now with all this other stuff we are distracted enough to where we have forgotten what it's all about. We need more fighting and not like wars where you have to hunt your target down.
I sorta agree. A lot of people just hit a ton of encounters etc and attack way less.  If only there was a classic  server.  16
Also,
Everyone keeps whining  about how unfair this round is ending, and that it's ending so fast, but didn't Emi say he'd fix the Aliens update in the start of the new round? So don't you WANT this particular round to end fast? We get it, you hate the update, quit whining about it. It was just one very short round, and this game has many more to come.
That's just my two cents. 1
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:18:13 AM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
penunggu
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 08:08:53 AM »

well it also means its  a waste of money to those who have donated and played fair. i for one am not wasting my money on making any more donations
Report to moderator   Logged

Aspire To Inspire Before I Expire
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

Well that is most unfortunate, every major update has the potential to unbalance the game, that's why other games don't do any major updates, but Space Odyssey story must continue... we have a Galaxy to rebuild, whatever the cost.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »

The bigger updates give the potential of a change of tactics so it doesnt remain the same round after round. Although maybe making changes after DDay might be better to keep a round stable.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »

Yeah, maybe now with the PVE server I could just trow the updates in there now, until I got a stable version...

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »

Yes might be better and might make the PvE server fun to play to test out updates 1

basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »

Useing the pve server for testing helps also in that you can test longer before it hits the main server and yes I know some will complain because you are testing on the pve server but it has to be tested somewhere and pve is number 3 server so it makes sense to test there.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

Aye, and the test server never got enough people on it to test the full effect of an update.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
penunggu
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:16 PM »

Well that is most unfortunate, every major update has the potential to unbalance the game, that's why other games don't do any major updates, but Space Odyssey story must continue... we have a Galaxy to rebuild, whatever the cost.

so i guess ur cost would be losing the support of ur loyal and fanatical supporters in the first place as well. ur reply is duly noted

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »

Things really need to go on a test server - if players dont test it and give feedback, and it screws up, they can only blame themselves.
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »

Usually it is...

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

so i guess ur cost would be losing the support of ur loyal and fanatical supporters in the first place as well. ur reply is duly noted
I would've thought that loyal and fanatical supporters wouldn't be the ones who whine and quit about it, otherwise how are they loyal and fanatical?  21

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 02:51:42 AM »

good point zephy 13, stop complaining and adapt geez, testing out on the PVE seems like a good idea 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 04:30:10 AM »

sounds good to me testing it out there as ill be playing this one most of the time now
penunggu
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

Things really need to go on a test server - if players dont test it and give feedback, and it screws up, they can only blame themselves.

yes this is waht most other browser games that i play do. its tested first before releases either on a test server or a private one where only those selected will test it

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: