Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 02:01:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOWARS - PvP Incentive (Further Updated)  (Read 6299 times)
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 01:41:09 PM »

yea.
a few days ago i came across someone 12 times my power and they had a 70% chance of warping.

segs losses are pretty damaging to any player in the top 30 at least, they halt worker growth and in turn lower creds
Report to moderator   Logged

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 01:02:33 AM »

Bump -

Emi - could you have a look at increasing rewards for successful attacks.

Presently the less you attack, the better off you are - some players havent attacked in months.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »

yea
the one  i still agree with is more like 2/3 segs taken 1/3 destroyed
maybe 1/2 and 1/2

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »

PvP combat is all but dead on WARS server - I switched away from my old alliance (and very good friends) and started a new one to try and breathe some life into PvP on the server.  I have been experimenting with new fleets and styles, and engaging in combat.

After some time Ive discovered that PvP is just not viable, theres no reason to engage in PvP except that you enjoy it - but in the end, even if you win - your losing ground.

Combat is expensive in all kinds of ways, credits, turns and also investment in tech that is only useful in PvP combat.  Increasing rewards for successful PvP combat is not a *nice to have* it is essential for the WARS server.

Some of these ideas I posted previously, some are new, Ive sorted them into good idea's (winners) and probably not good ideas (duds) 13;

Winners

XP and CP gain from successful attacks.

Remove destroyed segs, winning is enough - no need to crush your opponent to itty bitty pieces.

INTEL INSURANCE - covers 25% of your losses if a successful attack is made within 24 hrs of buying the INTEL.

Salvage (looks like Emi is doing this one yay) - Salvage some items, cash or resources after a successful attack.

Bounties.  INTEL contracts can include a bounty.  On a successful attack, the attacker gets a cash reward, say 1,000 credits per segment of the defender, thats 1 trillion for a defender with 1 million segs - maybe to prevent cheating the bounty is only payable if the maximum segs are lost by the target.

Duds

Redundant - Have COUNTER ATTACK insurance.  Duration is 24 hrs, cost is 2.5% of your total fleet cost.  Any segments that are destroyed from a counter attack are refunded - captured segments are not.

Dud - Introduce a new style of attack, call it "Lightening Raid" or something - add in some appropriate combat modifiers.  EDIT# After monitoring responses, a good suggestion is no segs, this is simply a cash raid 20% cash from stash and on hand is captured.

Anyhow - some ideas - if you want to add some more - go for it.

Forget just for wars, add that for the main game too. I miss the old SO, where all you COULD do was strike your opponents for gain. No galaxy, no missions, just you, your ships, and your nerve. Did you think your opponent was fienting with a layer or 2 of pships followed by unbelievably powerful ships? Is he using swarms? Should you kamakaze him? Or send in a dreadnaught or two for good measure? Moves like that, pure strategy, made or broke your game. Entire alliances could be defeated for a round, wars could devistate the top ten. Those were the days.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: