Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 12:02:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dooms Day Defenders Take Over  (Read 14884 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »

Ok, here is what information I got on this case and the decision:

I have been informed 'Dooms Day Defenders' alliance had a change in leadership and the new leadership was threatening to disband the alliance. Also, I was told that the alliance creator Wizard_Of_War would be returning and he would very much want his alliance name back if he is denied access to his created alliance.

It the spirit of fair play the creator commander ID witch is marked in the database next to the alliance name has the right to ask for his alliance logo / name if / when he comes back, so I have reserved the second alliance for him. The second alliance name has been renamed to [Reserved] until the creator comes back, at that point he may ask for his created name or rename it to something else if the situation is not resolved by the leaders / members of DDD.

I am sorry I was busy with other projects and did not have more time to study all the details of this issue before renaming DDD. I was lead to belief they would disband the alliance. If that is not the case, I will leave this issue to the involved commanders to resolve, until I hear from Wizard_Of_War.

The alliance problems are usually resolved among the alliance members / former members, you can always wage war.

Thank you.

P.S.: un-sticky 1
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:55:18 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:34 AM »

I'm sorry if I gave you the idea their purpose was to disband it. I did mention nighty said he might do it, but it was not my intend to make you believe this was the reason of the mutiny. And I apologize for that.
Report to moderator   Logged

CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »

There were many good lessons in this scenario.

1. The leader of any alliance is ultimately responsible for the safeguarding of thier holdings (including but not limited to authority or integrity regarding the alliance's stance) through the scrutiny and screening of all of it's applicants (including intentions).
2. In-game conflicts that have not violated ToS should be handled in-game by the affected parties through negotiation or retaliation (including but not limited to total annihilation through warfare or the same tactics that led to the conflict). Circumventing the in-game mechanics, to resolve a conflict or outcome that happened within the game's structuring, is irresponsible.
3. Rash decisions made with any hint of emotion will rarely produce an intended outcome, and will generally blow up in the decision-makers face. Decisions made regarding a conflict that does not involve the decision-maker must be made from a unbiased stand-point. Failure to attain bipartisan support in such a situation can easily lead to the angering the parties involved and their constituencies.
4. Humour is only understood by the parties aware or involved in the joke.

This exercise was intended to be a joke, but to execute properly, the premise could not be known by anyone not pulling the prank. The acceptance of how it played out, by the majority of the people affected, greatly changed the outcome. There was more disgust in how it was handled than how or that it happened. The idea of forcing a group of people to accept that something could be arbitrarly changed because somebody forces their will upon them will always be met with resistance. Fact of the matter is, if the person(s) affected by this upheaval were active, it probably never would have happened.

Being that this is a game of war, all factors of warfare must be considered and accepted... this includes teamwork, strategy, spies, subterfuge, as well as guerilla tactics.

Before haphazardly responding to this post, please consider the following...
If this same scenario where to happen to somebody uniformly disliked, would the same course of action have been taken?

I expect not, and would truley hope not.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 03:44:04 PM »

no, just take Sea-o as a prime exsample.. i was overthrown because my allaince members didnt like me.. and a new leader was replaced.. yet i didnt complain to emi and i didnt end up getting a duplicate of my allaince created so that i can run it as the "real" allaince.

FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

You are a joke Lamma, what happened on Sea -O was because your alliance couldnt stand your cheating.

Firstly, I am away working at the moment, and I have not been in touch with Emi at all, keep up your lies and rhetoric, it makes an amusing read when i can get online.

Secondly, I let ABI run the alliance till I got back from work, but, unfortunately, ABI wasnt as wise as we both thought he was, because in his haste to try and get DDD back as a power house, he was basically conned by a couple of people, who have an age old agenda.

Thirdly.  Now that you are back in DDD, I want nothing to do with DDD unless WoW comes back, your presence in any alliance besmirches it. DDD was never a haven for cheats and liars, but now you are back in there, I guess DDD only now really exists in the minds of those who entered DDD as true members based on their skill, not their willingness to lie and cheat. 

Fourth. Funny how you are the one who has been crowing about how YOU stole DDD from me blah blah blah, and you have been the the most vocal about the whole affair, so when do you take over as leader of DDD???? Will nighty be rewarded for his efforts???

You stole the name, that is the only way you could enter the DDD alliance. Not by skill or Honor, but by stealth and backstabbing, and founding an alliance with those attributes, you have only recreated Skums Dump with a new logo  laugh laugh

Just for tha lulz

"yet i didnt complain to emi and i didnt end up getting a duplicate of my allaince created so that i can run it as the "real" allaince.  "

"im to stubborn to actally delete my account.. but ill sure as hell quit.. "

"but dont steal the DDD logo, Desciption and name.."------------hurts when it happens to you???

But the all time classic....
he may of been known to use thouse account, but it dosnt mean its his..

and on that line wouldnt it be 'alt abuse' for ABI and Foo to place several alts into an allaince to vote for themselfs purely to hold the allaince?

and unless told other wise blak you can cheak the IP adresses to every account that joined that allaince before the take over.. there was no abuse of alts no matter how much you want to say that.

FTP i dont want all your "moral" talk what happpened happened, and sure stealing a name of an allaince has its soul proupus to piss someone off.. but what has something i done in this game not have that as the ultiment goal? sure its a dirty trick FTP, but liget none the less, and no matter how much you slim few dislike the DDD take over odds are majority of you dont like it just because you eaither have some personal problems with one of the members that were involved or you disagree just to be a differnt voice.

[EDITED FOR LANGUAGE BY ZEPHYRBLADE]  "   
 laugh laugh 1)Should have been edited on content and spelling laugh laugh laugh laugh

I am sorry to have to break it to you lamma, but as I have a wife,kids and a paying job(try Mcfondles you would love it) this is just 1 of the games i play (barely), so your master plan with nighty to really piss me off was a grand waste of time. You only have left me disappointed to know that a person with such a huge ego as you, doesnt have the capacity to see that your claim to fame is nothing to be proud of, but I guess in here, you can try and cover your inadequacies in RL with delusions of digital grandeur.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:19:18 PM by FOO » Report to moderator   Logged

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »

if you were not pissed off about the entire take over im sure i wouldnt of gotten things like

"Now that you are back in DDD, I want nothing to do with DDD unless WoW comes back, your presence in any alliance besmirches it. DDD was never a haven for cheats and liars, but now you are back in there, I guess DDD only now really exists in the minds of those who entered DDD as true members based on their skill, not their willingness to lie and cheat."

from you.. and to me seeing you write something like that is all i need to smile. mission accomplished. piss off foo huh?

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »

Lammo, he is not angry, just merely voicing his opinion.
If you talk to him on MSN, he's finding what you do hilarious.  19

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:23:35 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »

you got that right zeph laugh laugh laugh laugh

if you were not pissed off about the entire take over im sure i wouldnt of gotten things like

"Now that you are back in DDD, I want nothing to do with DDD unless WoW comes back, your presence in any alliance besmirches it. DDD was never a haven for cheats and liars, but now you are back in there, I guess DDD only now really exists in the minds of those who entered DDD as true members based on their skill, not their willingness to lie and cheat."

from you.. and to me seeing you write something like that is all i need to smile. mission accomplished. piss off foo huh?

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Obviously school must have been a difficult time for you, you seem to have missed the end of my post, I guess that once my post got to point three, you must have gotten lost (do big numbers hurt your brain)

Let me re post the end, just so you dont lose track again  19

I am sorry to have to break it to you lamma, but as I have a wife,kids and a paying job(try Mcfondles you would love it) this is just 1 of the games i play (barely), so your master plan with nighty to really piss me off was a grand waste of time. You only have left me disappointed to know that a person with such a huge ego as you, doesnt have the capacity to see that your claim to fame is nothing to be proud of, but I guess in here, you can try and cover your inadequacies in RL with delusions of digital grandeur.

Lets lock and load this thread into the oblivion

Case Closed
END OF STORY

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 10:09:32 PM »

[TOPIC RE-LOCKED BY ZEPHYRBLADE]
5 MINUTES OF FAME IS OVER, KTHNXBYE

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2008, 01:23:57 AM »

Thank you zeph....This post is to remain locked, ANY moderator that chooses to unlock it, or reply to it henceforth will be punished.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: