Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 30, 2024, 12:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dooms Day Defenders Take Over  (Read 14885 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »

he may of been known to use thouse account, but it dosnt mean its his..

and on that line wouldnt it be 'alt abuse' for ABI and Foo to place several alts into an allaince to vote for themselfs purely to hold the allaince?

and unless told other wise blak you can cheak the IP adresses to every account that joined that allaince before the take over.. there was no abuse of alts no matter how much you want to say that.

FTP i dont want all your "moral" talk what happpened happened, and sure stealing a name of an allaince has its soul proupus to piss someone off.. but what has something i done in this game not have that as the ultiment goal? sure its a dirty trick FTP, but liget none the less, and no matter how much you slim few dislike the DDD take over odds are majority of you dont like it just because you eaither have some personal problems with one of the members that were involved or you disagree just to be a differnt voice.

[EDITED FOR LANGUAGE BY ZEPHYRBLADE]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:07:20 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »

Please refrain from flaming and inapproprite language.  19
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:30:11 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »

Honestly, ABI should've screened the applicants as a leader to safeguard his holdings as Losted mentioned.

I have nothing against ABI (or anyone else in this game) and have not seen any ill feelings on the alliance boards from him. I enjoy being part of alliance with people as highly regarded (and despised) as most of the people there, and I feel priviledged to be with them.

As FTP mentioned, it is just a name and does not affect gameplay as the coding errors previously stated. If what happened truely was not part of the mechanics of the game, this was not the appropriate way to handle it and that is the point that I'm trying to make.

Granted, what happened was sneaky... what FTP facilitated was an under-handed abuse of his relationship with Sir Emi. I personally feel that it should have been looked into, before making rash decisions about an incident that does not exploit coding errors that grossly effect gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:25:56 PM by CrimsonSmear » Report to moderator   Logged
Arbies
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 09:27:48 PM »

It was underhanded, and it worked.  Mutiny has and always will be around.  Play risk with me.......1

I only have one problem with this whole scenario.  Admin Rights used to cheat in someone's favor.  These TOS say that cheating will be reason to delete and ban,  whoever(Sir Emi or another admin cheated - Period)   Hey ban me for calling it, but if you wipe out someones hard work whether they are righteous or scum, because they played better than someone else.  That is actually worse than cheating.  Admins are supposed to be above reproach.  Here are the TOS  -  show me how this mutiny was cheating.  NO bug exploits, etc.   If this is what this game is about -  favoritism  - well ?

Terms and conditions of Space Odyssey     

Fair play   
        Players who try to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them may be deleted from the game. Each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team, before a decision is made.   

Playing fairly and Honestly   
        Space Odyssey upholds high standards of moral behavior. Any player who is caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion.   

(I) Responsibility of the developers:   
        The Space Odyssey Team will do everything possible for the game to run flawlessly. Beyond that, Space Odyssey is not liable in any way for server breakdown, faulty programming, etc. The occurrence of any disadvantages for a user resulting from server breakdowns, faulty programming etc. does not entitle the user to claim the recovery of his account's status before the occurrence. 
Report to moderator   Logged
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »

Fair play   
Each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team, before a decision is made.

People, Just quit whining already.
If you really are the "REAL" and great DDD, then prove it. Having a "2" added to your name shouldn't change your ability.
Lammo, I really don't think you can talk about it being unfair and giving players and advantage, you've cheated and used loopholes numerous times in the past..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 09:57:12 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Arbies
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 09:51:51 PM »

Hehehe   Zephyr = moderator      You make my point, ok the game belongs to you, just makin sure the rules.

And I do not play any alts what you see is what you get  Arbie

Bummer, this is such a kewl game too.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 09:56:12 PM »

The game doesn't belong to me in any way, I just make sure the forums run smoothly.
 ^.^

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Arbies
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 09:58:17 PM »

Welp, it has been fun couple weeks.  You are welcome to wipe my account.  Won't be back.   You know my thoughts
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »

Aww, don't quit man.  2
I sent you a PM.  19

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 10:17:40 PM »

well there goes one player... how many more before emi relizes that perhaps he was picking sides when he shouldnt?

deezee66
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:11 PM »

This is an outrage i dont think i will be renewing my account
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:59 PM »

two... sigh.. emi dont let this get as bad as when you let LOI cheat with the bountys... lost alot of great players there..

*nudge nudge*  14 alot of great donators too
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:08:12 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »

Why the f**k is this allowed?? huh ? I mean .. Why did E let FTP make another DDD same name same # of days old? This is such BS .. I didn't get all these ppl into DDD and then plan a mutiny just for another one could be made.. err This is really disappointing emi, looks like all your care about is money if your pocket ... pffft

Tho is doesn't matter to some but, I'm willing to delete my account for FTP's/Emi's actions,If something doesnt change about this . . .

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 01:06:39 AM »

im to stubborn to actally delete my account.. but ill sure as hell quit..

the take over was 100% liget no multiple alts. no abuse.. and emi dont think that simply changing the name so that there is 2 Dooms Day Defenders is going to work.. we hold the real DDD weaither you like it or not and for all i care the other is the fake. if you want to make it.. so be it.. but dont steal the DDD logo, Desciption and name.. name it whatever you want.. it can be close.. but not the same.

CrimsonSmear
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 01:11:24 AM »

Am I seeing the alliance rankings correctly?!?
Two alliances can now share the same name?
How about if we just name all of the alliances Dooms Day Defenders.
What other occasions ToS violations will now be allowed, and how often will it happen now that the creator even violates and bends rules to suit the occasion.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but.... three rights make a left.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: