Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 01, 2024, 09:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Items and new options.... **For Wars Server**  (Read 4418 times)
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »

After grinding numerous encrypts and collecting tons of items, most of which is just simply sold or remains unused(I personally keep the top 10 items of each type,HP,DEF,etc),I would like to propose some new items to add to the selection already available and new options to the items screen to make the items u collect more useful.

1) CP items- I would love to see CP items introduced. Common types giving 1-5CPs, Rare, 10-15, and obscenely rare 20-30?
    As the way the game goes, lower power players who cant kill big enough BEs to effectively collect CPs will at least have another source    for said CPs rather than commander lvls. And basically, to help lower players get the CP's they need to remain competive. In order to prevent the higher ranking players to take advantage of this due to the higher encrypt lvl (higher encrypt lvl means more encrypts available), perhaps a cap to where CP items can appear..meaning between lvl 1-99 encrypts have a higher chance for it to appear. 100-199 lvl, a medium chance, and above lvl200 extremely rare.

2) Mineral resource bundles - I think its been mentioned before? Items giving resources of various amounts would help players unable
    to mine for them. Also I feel it be way useful than selling of 100s of 1% acc items, etc. Also, as the way the system works, fewer and fewer resources are available, it would be another option for the ores.

3) Reminiscent of an old old game from the mid 80s (Ironseed?), component Items, like those u gather in early encrypts be of ACTUAL use.
    Another option to be created whereby these trade items/component items can be merged to create Seg items, turn items, CP items etc.
    But the items we create will yield better bonuses like maybe 50%hp, 50%atk, 200turns, 100CPs.
    Keeping a small pool of standard ingredient Items, maybe 6-7items, and using the mothership mod screen window...something like wat i draw out below,

iron goods   hydrogen cells   something blah   something blah 2   etc   
         xxx            xxx                      xxx             xxx                 <--table to show how many in inventory

(name of item)        (number to construct)     (the material cost to construct said item)
--------------       -----------                    ----------------------------------------
OMG CPs +100      -  +            xxx      xxx   xxx   < --display cost to make 1item
OMG TURNS +200    -  +            xxx         xxx     xxx
OMG SEGS +10000    -  +            xxx         xxx     xxx                  
OMG ABS + 50%     -  +             xxx          xxx     xxx                  
OMG HP +50%      -  +              xxx           xxx     xxx                  
OMG DEF +50%     -  +             xxx          xxx     xxx                  
OMG ATK +50%     -  +             xxx          xxx     xxx                  
OMG CASH! +1trillion-  +                                 

and in the item screen, instead of a sell, use item option, we can use a deconstruct item option and get some of these ingredient items back and put into the pool? thus items we collect goes towards something more in our control and be used according to how our game style is. Of course the cost for the above items should be high, maybe for a +100 CP items, u need maybe 100 iron items, 200 others etc.
and +200 turn items costing in the 1000s?
would bring back the use of warehouses as well to store all the ingredient items u need, and also buying up items from CHOAM so u can deconstruct items to feed the pool.

Just an idea to expand a brilliant game, to give us more options. As it is hardly anyone has high warehouses, most focusing on workshops and biofarms. With this, it gives more incentive to build warehouses for storing items u collect in encrypts and to store the component ingredients, and thus giving some actual use for warehouses.

cheers
Report to moderator   Logged

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »

Nice ideas - can see anything here I dont like really.

In the interface upgrade suggestion warp travel and mining items are also covered to make thm more user friendly and useful.

Really theres a lot of trash in the items at the moment - being able to do something with them apart from selling would be nice.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »

the cp's item was a great idea, it would really help lower players. but also, the wars server is supposed to be harder to gain those things since there are less encounters, it might go against that a bit.

i see no problem whatsoever with the resource bundles

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 04:49:09 PM »

Aslong as you make them pay for the nice items, especialy high bonus items might be worth sacrificing allot for to get those 1

Nautilus
Private

The Fallen Angel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

2) Mineral resource bundles - I think its been mentioned before? Items giving resources of various amounts would help players unable
    to mine for them. Also I feel it be way useful than selling of 100s of 1% acc items, etc. Also, as the way the system works, fewer and fewer resources are available, it would be another option for the ores.
[/color]

Well the mineral resource bundle would help the lower FP players a lot  21... as it does take quite a huge number of turns  Opps to mine resources .. and then you need to wait a day or so to get back the turns  wounded1....

Great idea Chrys  15

The Best Defence Lies In Maintaining Over-Whelming  Offence

Nautilus
POF
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »

Great ideas, we'll see what we can do, I've been contemplating a crafting system for some time now...

God Speed!

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:12:44 AM »

Emi, I was thinking of pegging the ingredient Items as how its done for the market place.
Armour Items     - deconstructs to ingredient item A
Computer Items - deconstructs to ingredient item B
Marines Items    - deconstructs to ingredient item C
Shield Items      - deconstructs to ingredient item D
Special Items    - deconstructs to ingredient item E
Weapon Items   - deconstructs to ingredient item F

Peg the amount of items u get from deconstruction to the type. common = 1 rare = 2 very rare = 3 etc
Trade Items be a wild card giving 20-30 of a random ingredient item type, or maybe more rewards for them. This is because trade items are hardly seen past lvl10 encrypts.

Those long time players with high encrypt level will have to do ALOT of missions just to go down to lvl10 and below encrypts thus using up alot of real game time, whereas lower encrypt level players can get access to these items more easily, thus giving a higher chance for them to construct these special items.

Rewards I was thinking be like maybe tier groups
lower tier items like maybe 50cps, 100turns etc = 5000 total ingredient points (each item using different amounts of each type of resource)
mid tier items = 10000 total ingredient points
high tier items = 20000 total ingredient points.

the rewards for the different tiers i leave to you to decide.
the different tiers would allow u to rush for what u need right now or wait and save in the long run for a higher gain item.

I personally feel that if u give higher ingredient items point for low level trade goods, It might help accelerate the growth of new players and also keep them in the game against players who has been around since day one. Also, it makes it really tedious for old players to get those items and also redundant for them is because the high encrypt level simply means more missions open to them where as low encrypt players have to compete alot among each other for missions. I feel i somewhat gives a balance field to all.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
funkmachine7
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 12:15:43 PM »

maybe some thing like Pirates can be swaped for 50 marines?
Livestock gives 00.1 exta cash to BioFarms per 1000 up to 10000c?
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

funkmachine - the post is in English - if you cant read English, then dont post a response in .. something resembling that language.

Chrys - some more nice suggestions.
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 04:01:52 AM »

*bump*

come on emi...show that you love us... 16

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »

I heard this was in the works still.

Just to give some idea how badly this is needed.

Credits (118)
Defence (277)
Hitpoints (397)
Accuracy (220)
Attack (372)
Marines (62)
Warp Travel (83)
Mining Time (81)
Absorb (277)
Workers (91)

All useless items ... and up to 99 of each :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: