Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 08:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I need help to understand, is this a bug?  (Read 2712 times)
Buzz
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »

I was attacked something like 8 hours ago, lost 12 ships, and a few segments, and put into the nebula.  The message on my screen still says I'll be in there for 16 more hours.

Something like 1.5 hours ago, 6.5 hours after the first attack, the same player attacked me 3 more times, and this time getting literally thousands after thousands of segments.  And yet my screen says that I am protected from attack for another 16 hours.

Can someone either tell me for sure this is a bug in Space Odessy that the player in question is abusing, or what about being protected in the nebula I don't understand.  Why didn't the nebula protect me from his attacks, and what limits another player from just grinding me on down to literally nothing this way in spite of being inside the nebula?

Until about an hour ago, I was told and firmly held the belief that you were protected while you were inside the nebula.  Either there is a bug in Space Oddessy or this isn't true.  Which one?
Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »

If you attacked him before he had counters on you. Counters go through nebula's

Buzz
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:34:06 AM »

ok thanks for the information.  I do have questions relating to the nature of this whole counter attack feature.  I read all of wiki and the online help, and haven't seen any of this documented anywhere.

What I was doing was using a one space single hull ship to (what I thought was) kick in an automatic counter attack.  No one ever communicated, so it seemed like it was automatic (or didn't occur for whatever reason).

From what you are telling me, a real human being initiates all counter attacks, and in no wise was it ever taken into account that the only thing I attacked with was a single one space empty hull.

The question of gravest concern to me right now is this: since the game obviously gives the other player at least 6 hours to do his counter attack against me....what is the time limit on that?  Is it forever?  If so, I've really screwed up and need to delete my account and start over.  Thats because it not being documented, I've caused myself to be vunerable even in the nebula to virtually everyone in the game in and around my rank.

This is the first time it ever came up, thinking I was protected, and really not being.  I lost many thousands of segments due to just not knowing what the rules of the game really were precisely.  I just need to know before I invest anymore playing time if there will ever come a time when the nebula really protects me again, or if potentially any of the players I've attacked (even weeks ago), can just suddenly up and pop me for the rest of my segments.

Do you think I should delete my account and start over?
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:49:56 AM »

Counters expire after 24 hours.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Buzz
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

whew, ok thanks
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 08:03:11 PM »

Hi, check out this guide too:

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,21.0.html

Counter on SO Main:

- for each attack with remote fleets / ambush scout attack, defender gets a counter
- in full assault attacks defender get an attack signature if he loses 20% or more of his ships, or any segments, credits, workers

Counter = can only be used in remote attacks
Attack signature = can only be used in full assaults, it can pinpoint the exact location of the target in the Galaxy

- Both counter / attack signatures expire in 24 hours.

- for SO Wars only attack signature applies

We'll update the guide with this info, thank you.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: