Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 07, 2024, 07:50:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should Boarding be Brought back into the game???
Yes
No
Yes, but with sum adjustments

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BOARDING BOARDING BOARDING LETS VOTE  (Read 9668 times)
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:50:21 AM »

ok well, its been  a few rounds since we lost the general boarding on NPC's in the game.

now i know that there have been a lot of new people join since that time so i am going to take a little time to explain it for those people that do not know what boarding actually is 13

Boarding was basically what its name entails, people would instead of just attacking the NPC's they would board them, now people did this so that they could capture the NPC's fleets and sell them for a rather big profit, now after we had the round when 8 people maxed out emi made sum changes to boarding and it made making any sort of money off boarding impossible, in fact when ever i have tried it, i lost a huge percent of my money.

when boarding was taken out of the game most people agreed with it, this was mainly because it was possible to make a lot of money really fast, not just from the Gt's like usual, but money could be made off all of the NPC's and usually in larger amounts the a GT would pay.

now boarding increased the speed of the game a fair bit, but there was a big argument that it took a lot of the strategy out of the game, now i strongly disagreed with this because boarding it self was part of a strategy and it was adaptable and could b implemented with any body's strategy and would not just take over all the strategy in the game as was said when it was removed.

if u vote for yes with sum adjustments  please state what adjustments you have in mind

also please post any opinions that you have on the matter 13
Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 02:54:30 AM »

I like that idea, with 9 peole maxing last round and no boarding i dont think that it will hurt, but we will just have to wait adn see what Tzarkoth thinks about it
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 02:56:43 AM by waylain16 » Report to moderator   Logged

al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:22:34 AM »

i see no need to bring boarding back to what it used to be- now if i remember correctly the round when everyone was boarding only 8 people maxed- last round it was 9 without the boarding- so why the hell bring it back when its completely useless?

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 03:26:11 AM »

because it took alot longer for people 2 do it, this game is 2 slow, boarding quickens the pace of it

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 04:20:42 AM »

I dont play SOMAIN, but I definitely dont want to see anything like that on SOWARS.  SOMAIN is a different game, so I dont have an opinion about it being implemented there.
Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:22:44 AM »

yes sry, i didnt mention that this was for So main i dont play wars often and i dont know if it wuld work there, but i doubt it

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 04:53:35 AM »

Boarding totaly sux, and for one reason I know it willl not get implented, Sir Emi does not want one source of income, he does not want to create only 1 way to make profit.

When boarding was possible 95% of SO was whining about it that it should be removed.... then keep it removed.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »

oi u, i dont care what people thought back then, the point of this was 2 find out what people thinks now

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 05:15:39 AM »

I think that if there is more of an incentive to design boarding ships then the pvp action might pick up again around here. Right now it seems that people are just cruising around the galaxy hitting missions and encounters until d-day rolls around.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:46 AM »

It is such a pitty that people who have not seen it, cannot imagen how it will be.

Jebus pvp will be completely dead when this gets in again, players with allot of time can eat encounters like hell and make such a huge profits that the power differences get so severe you cant hit eachother.And if you hit someone... so what you can easily upgrade 4 or 5 times a day, so you'll never get realy set back anyways.

Boarding ruins the round, making only those with allot of time on their hands succesfull and it totaly kills pvp.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 05:39:36 AM »

pvp is dead already. people have even less incentive 2 do it since boarding was killed because it is no longer possible 2 capture single shippys.

the differences between power was not much different, the onli difference was that the true gaps between players becomes evident, if a person has 10% more power then another person without boarding then it is likely that the gap will still b 10% but as you grow faster it would just seem more

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 06:10:24 AM »

I get attacked every day and I was top 10 till nighty hit me yesterday again. That allot of players choose not to battle is their choice. Not the game.

If you want boarding in pvp back, get rid of the stupid change you cant capture unmarined ships. I mean if you could capture those again you would get allot of people like Imihir and DOOM again. Maybe a few old players just get back to battle abit. When fighting has the chance of being profitable it will turn out in a fight for the kills.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 06:25:16 AM »

u get attacked by a few people, in general people have so incentive 2 attack other people, i agree that we should b able 2 capture shippys without marines, maybe even as always capture them because they do not have any resistance

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 06:32:00 AM »

I like that idea  12

Spayed