Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 08:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Emi wants to keep the rewards low, but many ppl hate the low rewards on the "useless and worthless aliens".  do you think the rewards should be higher?  oh if you have a special reason for voting at what you do, please post it.
YES!!! RAISE THEM BY A LOT!!!
yes they could be a bit higher
keep them as they are now
keep them as they are now but give more items
no, lower the rewards

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Raise rewards on alien incursions?  (Read 9354 times)
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »

yea so please vote people, if we want something to be done we have to show we actually want it.
do we want to make these useless little green men worth a bit more?
Report to moderator   Logged

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:28 PM »

Raising the number of items you gain raises the change of getting realy good items like 30 x 200 turns, which would unbalance

And the turn cost for the is extremely low, travel costs are zero. So rewards shouldnt be high, otherwise this would become the only way of making money.

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »

it's another update for people to waste a lot of time; should at least give small rewards since it's going to stay
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »

the only way to make money? nah i dont think so...
and those good turn items you are talking about.
I have been doing these incursions since the beginning and i havent received a single turn item, good or bad.
also if you like me compare these to encounters.

1. ALIEN : I kill a 20 tril power alien and receive what?...800 bil credits and some items i wont ever use or even find in the items menu 16

2. ENCOUNTER : I kill lets say a 20 tril GT and get 40 tril credits.

yes encounters are much rarer and you dont get the items. but also i have to do 50 Aliens for that GT and the aliens have proved to be much riskier than normal missions.
also some of us may not even want those items at all, maybe just an increse in credits reward.
Aliens would NOT be the only way to make money. If the rewards are increased more people will try to get the precious aliens and their rewards, meaning more pvp and even greater risks.

IMO a better game

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »

I tried to talk Sir Emi in getting to make the rewards abit higher, but he wanted to keep them low for the reasons I gave.

baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »

yes you told me that. that is the reason why i made the poll, to see what others want. maybe that will change them if he sees we want them to be changed. I myself think they shouls be worth a bit more.
they should not give as high rewards as encounters. but maybe 1/3rd or 1/4th of what a GT that power would give.

Rachel
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »

I thought this update would be a good way to make money when encrypts start to get useless because the ships u have are simply too expensive. but this way its still almost not profitable when u just want credits for upgrading :S I'm not saying u have to make them a goldmine, just the rewards a little bit higher so that its actualy worth the risk.
Another reason why they should give more than encryptions is that there are tons of encryptions in the galaxy, but the incursions are more rare, plus u can only get a few every 7 minutes. So they might cost less turns, but u still have to wait for the ETA thingeys :S

In Game --> AMI
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »

i agree. these aliens are a very good and interesting update increasing the pvp and giving us galaxy travelling ppl a break. 16
aliens arent suppose to replace the encounters or surpass them BUT they should be rewarding enough to maybe keep up with encounters + encrypts so that you could choose what you want to do.
The risk with these aliens is also much greater. they spawn around your own power and are therefore more of a challenge. just 10 min ago i lost another ship. and many lose ships all the time because it is risky. and for what? well i wish i could say becuase it pays off to try and do them...but it doesnt.

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 04:23:50 PM »

im in the top 75, but when i do the incrusion, my max reward has been 75 mil, and thats it, i could do encouters and cntracts and get 5 to 20 times that

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »

Yeah I'm losing to much and not gaining crap, I mean i lost like 35trill today plus marines and the max reward i got was like 200bill  3 I mean you ant be serious?  21

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »

It takes time for the loss in  Incursion to come back to you, just keep attacking the aliens, maybe try some smaller power ones if you lost a lot, but eventually you can recoup the losses...

The objective in Incursion is to get good items, not really a profit, but profit is likely and quite possible, however Gold Transport encounters are more profitable any time but don't give items... it's there to offer an alternative, not invalidate other sources of income.

Incursion is not for credits, it is for items... kill the aliens and get the 30 x 200 turns item.

I used the GT encounter to balance the Incursion rewards.
Now if you don't lose any ships, doing a 1 bil GT reward = doing 30 x 1 bil Aliens.
If you do lost ships / pvp assets / marines / etc in Incursion, those are added to want you can receive, and if you don't lose anything any more, you should recoup abount 75 - 85% of losses in about 50-100 alien attacks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 05:49:20 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »

is it just bad luck that i havent gotten any turn items in the last 3 days of killing aliens then? O.o
and i would like it to be more like a choice between travelling around doing encrypts and/or encounters all day or just hunt aliens or a mix of them all. It would be a choice, do what you like the best for the same profit any way you do it. I dont really like the items i get either so it would be better to skip the items and give more credits.  wounded1

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 05:52:06 PM »

is it just bad luck that i havent gotten any turn items in the last 3 days of killing aliens then? O.o
and i would like it to be more like a choice between travelling around doing encrypts and/or encounters all day or just hunt aliens or a mix of them all. It would be a choice, do what you like the best for the same profit any way you do it. I dont really like the items i get either so it would be better to skip the items and give more credits.  wounded1

expect to get a turn item every 200 or so killed aliens... good news is it can be multiplied and it can have big turn increase.

baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 05:54:29 PM »

i have passed 200 a long time ago i think.

i only hope that if the majority doesnt like this item reward system you will change it to complete credits instead or something like it. I may just be one person who dislikes it like this, but if we are many i hope we can make you do something about it. we will see.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »

i think rewards should be based on commander power and reversed. say a commander at 100 million power should get up to 200% cash reward(200 million creds) and a commander at say 10 quad should get a 10% max (1 quad) while comanders over like 200 quad should get a 1% max cash reward. items should be random and plentiful not all workers and credit items. i think.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: