Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 10:37:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Project Incursion  (Read 15645 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 04:07:07 AM »

Could you make the evasions 2 minites instead of 1 people like me who have no choice but to use dial up can be attacked 1-3 times when our internet is running slow which it often does where I'm at. wounded1 wounded1 wounded1

Sure I could do that but then the 2 minutes timer will reset if you attack any of the alien fleets while in the evasive maneuver...
Report to moderator   Logged

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 06:18:52 AM »

Sounds good, hopefully produce some nice PvP battles- though might be a bit scary first run through - the combat sounds like it has the potential to be fairly nasty.

Also I dont know what you mean by Full System scan/Full Assault room .. is there something Ive been missing all this time, or does it not exist on SOWARS?

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

Remote assault is attacking while not in the same system, full assault is attacking in the same system.

On SOWARS Full assault is your only attack type.

The randomised loot will still be based on fleetpower destroyed right? As otherwise players will just enter with few fleets out so they cant lose much, while having the same changes of profit.

And to be anoying you could just attack all weak players and make them warp?

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 02:16:15 PM »

The randomised loot will still be based on fleetpower destroyed right? As otherwise players will just enter with few fleets out so they cant lose much, while having the same changes of profit.

The loot system is an experiment I've been working on, each 1 mil fleet power you destroy counts like a ticket to get loot. Each ticket can be a loser, moderate winner, or a big winner. So basically, the more fleet power you destroy the more tickets you get => the more chances at some nice loot. Also, Incursion will use a recycling system that will recycle all the losses in the Incursion system (segments / ships / items used) and add them to the Incursion loot pool to enhance the loot in the current Incursion or the next one. So basically you will never know what the next alien fleet would drop 1

As for attacking others and making them warp, yes that is encouraged because the others will try to split your loot so if you want more for yourself that is one way to obtain it 1

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »

How is loot split ?I don't quite understand what you are saying there.

If someone with 500 Billion Fleet Power kills the Incursion, and there are other people in the same system, do they get rewards also? Or do you mean they might attack it also? How is the Incursion going to be a challenge to someone with 500 Billion Fleet Power and get split to people with 1 Billion Fire Power ? Don't use the Reaver mechanic, that is broken. :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 12:44:22 AM »

I can live with loseing evasion when I attack someone at least i won't get pounded just waiting for a page to load, I think it should drop if I attack alien or another commander to be fair.
Also is the alien update going to be on both servers ?
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 02:47:46 AM »

I can live with loseing evasion when I attack someone at least i won't get pounded just waiting for a page to load, I think it should drop if I attack alien or another commander to be fair.

Yes you will lose evasive maneuvers timer if you do any sort of attack...

Also is the alien update going to be on both servers ?

Yes, but first on test then SO Main probably and then SO Wars after a few days.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 02:53:47 AM »

How is loot split ?I don't quite understand what you are saying there.

If someone with 500 Billion Fleet Power kills the Incursion, and there are other people in the same system, do they get rewards also? Or do you mean they might attack it also? How is the Incursion going to be a challenge to someone with 500 Billion Fleet Power and get split to people with 1 Billion Fire Power ? Don't use the Reaver mechanic, that is broken. :-)

Well the Incursion has a default loot table that is boosted by the losses of segments, ships etc. in current and previous Incursions.
Now depending on the number and power of commanders present in the defense of the Incursion sys at the time of the alien spawn wave, there will be a greater or lesser number of alien fleets spawned while using the same loot pool... now if you have a small number of alien fleets, their loot and power will be concentrated but if you have more alien fleets then the loot is more spread out and the other commanders could get lucky and strike more loot, thus decreasing the loot pool for the remaining alien fleets... I hope this makes any sense...  1

Basically all the commanders will have spawns near them if they are present in the Incursion when the wave appears, so if we have a 500 bil commander he gets one or more fleets with about 250 - 750 bil power and if there is also a 1 bil commander he gets one or severals alien fleets of 0.5 bil - 1.25 bil near him. All those alien fleets share the same loot pool, however because loot is random one could get lucky.

Also, because of the ticket system, if the first commander destroyed 500 bil aliens he gets 500 more tickets then if the other commander destroyed 1 bil alien fleets... however maybe the 1 bil tickets are a winner and are worth more then the 500 bil ones, then if the second commander attacked first, the 500 bil commander could have a lower loot pool... unlikely but possible 1
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 03:02:19 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 09:14:31 AM »

So in other words.

Shoot all other commanders to hell save the Incursion yourself claim yourself to be a hero and walk away with all the loot. Sounds good 13

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »

this sounds amaizingly cool but i have a couple questions.

1 - is the system an actual place that could be reached by galaxy map and if so will it move around?
2 - will players be able to build in the system between waves?
3 - if the place of incursion is a real place in the galaxy what happens if a player has already built there?
4 - is it possible that the aliens could potentially drop items that give research bonuses and/or minerals?

again... this sounds like an awesome way to increase pvp and game diversity. i'm just clarifying so i can be properly prepared for the awesomeness that will surely follow its implementation.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 01:23:10 PM »

this sounds amaizingly cool but i have a couple questions.

1 - is the system an actual place that could be reached by galaxy map and if so will it move around?

Yes, a solar system will be cleared of all system fleets and commanders in there will be warped out once Incursion starts. You could accidentally stumble on this system yes, however using the warp gate costs 0 turns.

Incursion system does move around and it will happen at random intervals and star systems during the day. All timezones will be covered. Total Incursion time will be 12 hours a day, consisting in about 10-20 Incursions each ranging in time from 30 minutes to 1h 30 minutes. Incursion will be evenly spread trough the day after one Incursion ended, an interval of 30 minutes to 1h 30 min has to pass before the next Incursion...

2 - will players be able to build in the system between waves?

No they won't be able to build anything during Incursion in that system, nor assign system fleets. Any fleets that were previously there will return to their mothership.

3 - if the place of incursion is a real place in the galaxy what happens if a player has already built there?

- Incursion will happen on uninhabited systems with no space station. If all systems are occupied, then Incursion will wait or it will find a way once someone gets his base blown up  laugh

4 - is it possible that the aliens could potentially drop items that give research bonuses and/or minerals?

Yes, very possible that a future update will introduce alien related items that boost the techs and give minerals, but for now they will drop the more rare stuff of the items...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:29:04 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »

what exactly do you mean by drop items?

drop as in the assualt results will say Thank you for your help commander, it seems we were able to salvage a(n) *item(s) name* from the enemy fleets. (or something along the lines of that)

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »

By Build between waves, I think Silence was asking if you could build/resupply fleets in your stack ?

Which seems like it would be possible, besides nothing to stop you warping to a nearby system to resupply and warp back for the next wave with new and improved ships I imagine.

I do have a question though .... You say the incursion nullifies Nebula ...

Will your Nebula return if you leave the Incursion System, and will remember how long you have already been in Nebula ?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 02:41:41 PM »

By Build between waves, I think Silence was asking if you could build/resupply fleets in your stack ?

Which seems like it would be possible, besides nothing to stop you warping to a nearby system to resupply and warp back for the next wave with new and improved ships I imagine.

I do have a question though .... You say the incursion nullifies Nebula ...

Will your Nebula return if you leave the Incursion System, and will remember how long you have already been in Nebula ?

Yes it should be possible to resupply the ships, and if you have a nebula when you jump in, provided you do not attack other commanders at the Incursion and only Alien fleets you should be able to keep that nebula, however you can be attacked in the Incursion system but you will probably enter evasive maneuvers every 10% or more damage you get in combat in the Incursion sys, so the evasive maneuvers will replace the nebula in the Incursion, but once you warp out you have the old nebula if you didn't attack any other commander with no counter...

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »

alright. thanks for the clarification. i've got one more question though:

1 - will it ever be possible for alien structures to warp in?

i know it was said that incursion would be fleet based but what kind of invasion force (alien or otherwise) doesn't set up some kind of forward base?

*note* this could potentially be a workaround for alien fleets dropping resources

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: