Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 29, 2024, 10:10:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Conters / Attack signatures in full assault battle  (Read 1823 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »

Thanks to your feedback and your suggestions here, I have implemented some changes to the counter system on SO Main.
This does not have a major impact on the round, however it does chance the PvP tactics a bit, while limiting abusing of the old countering system and opening the PvP aspect again.

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3137.0.html

Changes made:

- Remote attack has separate counter then full assault (works like it did before the full assault)
- Full assault has attack signature as counter. When attempting a full assault counter you will see a notification in the WAR room that any station bonuses are negated.
[ scratched out  thanks FTP]

This is only for SO Main.

God Speed!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:24:03 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »

- 0% chance to evade when you counter a full assault
- Full assault signature counter is given & taken regardless of the battle outcome. You get one shoot to take your counter and you give one counter for each attack, no more counter attacking until you zero someone.

- Goodbye PvP in full assault
- Goodbye tactics.

Resulting in a 0% warp change counter you can power up allot and hit someone while he is 1/10th your power. This would kill all PvP on war server. (Now I'm never attacked already by someone strong enough to damage me) then imagen how it would go. For SO MAIN, this just makes full assault pretty useless. As nobody will use it anymore in fear of overpowered counters. Well maybe still funny t try for the 5% to wack a noob.

One of the tactical things galaxy fighting gave was that you could try and not give a counter to the other by not killing alot. Is someone realy wants to drop the counter in one attack he can always activate powerships as first fleet resulting in letting him lose enough power to lose the counter.

With all possible changes keep the counter equal to the attack.
You do a rankings attack were you can hit up to 2x you, then on a counter you can hit him to 1/2 you but only on rankings.

If I hit someone in galaxy 2x once with only a decoy, he gets 1 attack signature, then let the other be able to first decoy scout aswell. And the bonus he could follow you around if you warp is large enough.
Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: