Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 09:37:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Some battle system thoughts  (Read 2939 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »

I just thought, maybe this would be a good addition to the battle system, but I dunno....

What if the commanders could merge fleets for a battle? Like, a group attack? It won't unbalance the game too much - the laws of warping and power adding will still be there. And at the same time it will greatly help newbs and begginers, cos, like they get wailed on. And to keep it fair, there will be like a maximum of 4 people merging and they can still use only 10 fleets in total. When it comes to rewards, they would be split between the attackers. And to make it even more fair, it would be illegal to merge with your alts. And in the news it could be like: Players a(#) and b(#) made a successful attack etc... so you can see the attackers and report if those were accounts of one person.

Also, can we have items that give negative effects to enemy ships, like lower abs. or acc?

And finally, instead of having one set figure for accuracy, can we have in the way of max and min? The setting on the weapon will be the middle, and the minimum will be half that. Double the accuracy will be max. And taking the half the average accuracy of computers will be the chance to do extra damage. How much extra? Full damage. This will be like a critical damage.

Well, I suppose thats all. Cheers  12
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 05:43:11 PM »

adding to this idea, you could have alliance attack's were several members of an alliance attack another or a space station making it easyer for low ranking alliance's.

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

Anything based on changes liek critical hits puts forth more luck and less tactic, I would be against this suggestion as this is supposed to be a tactical game.

Lowering enemy acc and ABS would be a to powerfull tool vs small ships to nulliefy what they have. Or imagen your leadship gets 50% less ABS. Decreasing always leads to unbalancing.

Merging is actualy a good idear. Were one player would be the leader and the other parties could add up fleet power up to the max of the leader of the group. So several people can launch an attack. You should only see how to balance it with taking counters and giving counters.
Although still it wouldnt realy matter up the rankings as there it only matters who the biggest ships has. So even 4 people at power 100 bill wont be able to get the 200 bill player down asuming they all have the same skill.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 08:05:34 PM »

OK, got it, decreasing, bad, untactical luck, really bad.  16

I was actually thinking of the merging would be used mainly in alliances, to clear out reavers to mine and build bases (until they find out that its useless  16 16) and to counter attackers. And as for counters, I suppose all involved should get a counter against them.

Oh, yeah, and another thing- I think, any skills or modules, like HP bonus or the like that commanders may have should add up. This will  encourage "player classes" within alliances, e.g. one player focuses on HP increase will be the *tanker*, and the other one brings in swarmers to cover others, so he will do def increase without concentrating on the attack increase or acc, cos that will be someone elses job. This will introduce new strategic elements  16 16 16

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 10:28:27 PM »

Then the lower members would just attack using decoys from the best player to receive +50% to all their ships. Commander bonusses only apply to is own ships.

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »

You still need to elaborate on these ideas, such as on regular SO do you still have to be in the same area, is there any penalties for having several commanders on one fleet, etc. etc.
Also you can already have weak members attack a ship with no attack to get exp, as even a losing fleet gains EXP.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:33:11 PM by lalelulilo » Report to moderator   Logged

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: