Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 02:48:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Encryption missions multiplier  (Read 17701 times)
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »

suggestion- maybe we should have a test before lounching this?
Report to moderator   Logged

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »

Hmmm .... How to say this. The segment multiplier is a great idea, we certainly need it.

However, if you put the multiplier at 10, and get 10 items as well ... There's nothing stopping you wandering around the Galaxy and cherry picking the item rewards. ie Only take a single multiplier on the combat items and taking a * 10 multiplier on Workers, Credits and turns.

At around 500 Encrypt level you are talking +50 Turn Items, + 500 Million Credits.

So it wouldn't be hard to imagine you capable of doing a *10 Multiplier on a +50 Turns item and pocketing 500 turns. Costs you 91 turns to gain 500 turns ... anyone else see the issue here ?

This wouldn't help the lower end of the game, in fact once you got to a certain encryption level, you would effectively have INFINITE, credits, and turns. The game would be devoid of skill and whoever clicks the most would win.

Having the segment reward multiplier is a good idea. Multiplying the item rewards is a bad idea.

I misread the original post, in that I thought the multiplier was only going to apply to segments gained from Encryptions. Please do not also apply the multiplier to the Items reward aspect of it. As I said previously, if people want to micro manage explore and gain items then let them do it the old fashion way, that rewards more time spent playing. But for those who just want to burn turns quickly to gain SEGMENTS, then have the multiplier function.

Increasing Segments reward = Good.

Increasing Item Rewards = BAD.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:59:04 PM by Tzarkoth » Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »

hmmm how about 1 listed item plus X many random equivalent items for your multiplier? this will essentially replicate finding the missions naturally and should solve the turn problem.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:43 AM »

The simplest sollution to the turn items is to make the turn items rare, 10 x or more harder to find then the other items... better then limiting or removing them I think  21

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 12:44:30 AM »

i think limit them, that way if people are dedicated and have spare time out of their day to play more than the average player, they gain an advantage over people. limit them to the max of a BH when you use the multiplier. its only fair, if you try harder/ work off harder, you gain a lil more.

WARS Account= Overmind
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 12:50:15 AM »

Well I think that making them 10 x harder to find would limit them because there would be 10 x less items ingame but using the multiplier you get 10 x items for the mission => 10 x less turn items + 10 x more items from multiplier = same amount of turn items ingame...

I will probably ballance them further when the update is ready, maybe a little reduction in the turns given.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:52:50 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 02:27:37 AM »

The problem will still remain to some extent Emi. If the Commander only chooses to use the *10 multiplier on +Turns items then you could still have infinite Turns, but obviously making them rarer would make this outcome harder, but still doable in theory. I'd suggest making +Turn items even rarer ... by a factor of 100 if you still wish to have them in the game at all.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 03:06:09 AM »

I myself feel that the multiplier is good for the segs but bad for the items just leave items as they are and give 1 item no matter what multiplier you use, if segs are more important to you you will do the multi if items are more important you won't, but I do think the turns used on it are a little to high because you can stay in one place a good while as you build up cap at 50 seems reasonable to me.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 10:52:03 PM »

by making them 10times or even 100 times rarer you make people have to use the multiplyer...  one way to pass a player is to play efficiently while they waste 9 xtra turns per mission. i say limit turn item to a max of 45 turns x 10=as much as a BH or dont do any thing to items at all, meaning you did one mission but 10 times so you get 1 item. that way while you get segs faster you miss out on items giving people another way to (legally) gain power a little faster than others.

WARS Account= Overmind
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 09:26:22 AM »

Hey emi real respeckta to you dude  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 09:44:57 AM »

My favoured solutions are (in order);

1. Remove all +turn items.
2. Give a random selection of items.
3. Give only one item per mission.
4. Make plus turns items extremely uncommon - like 1,000 times less in my opinion - to the point of non existance.

SOWARS in particular should be a game of skill - not, "who can spend longest at the keyboard".
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »

ahh, i think SO Wars should be a game of skill where spending the longest time at the keyboard helps

also will the fleet cost calculator be able to reduce the x10 segment reward? or will you automatically get 500segs
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:16:28 AM by TheMerchant » Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 03:55:36 AM »

How we doing with this ?

Going to be implemented anytime soon ?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 10:36:29 AM »

I would rather wait for a very good update than get a half baked one full of holes/

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 03:56:25 AM »

So asking how its coming along is tantamount to requesting a half assed update?

Anyhow - moving along - how is this update going? 

Recently there was a very good suggestion about selecting ships for missions and attacks - the suggestion was - IF you selected a ship, by putting a check mark in the box - then the tick stays there until you uncheck it.

This means once you select ships for something - you dont have to redo it all the time - which is a pain in the ass. 

Im no web designer - but that sounds really simple - any chance we could see it as part of this update?  Im sure it would be VERY welcome to all players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: