Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 01:15:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Turns, mission grinding, time, blah dee blah...  (Read 6984 times)
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »

Right here goes...
S.O. is losing players and the BIGGEST contributor to this is that people just havent got the time to site endleslly playing this game... because of black holes i can log on at 9 in the morning and stay on until 9 in the evening and my turns will stay around 1000 or even increase...most people just havent got this sort of time... there is a real world out there you know... also mission grinding. It takes AGES!!! I think changing the amount of turns and rewards is a good idea... I also have another idea... remove black holes or make them VERY scarce. Because then everyone has the same amount of turns available to them and blah dee blah dee blah... Emi, if people come to play this game and then find out they havent got time to then they'll leave and the game will suffer... remember I am talking about a lot of noobs... the vets can handle this game but I still think even some of the oldest players would have to admit that SO can take up sooo much of their time and I myself am finding that these days with my (extremely)FULL time job that I havent got the time to play SO as effectively as I'd like...
Anyways guys that a few thoughts for you let me know what you think
Cheers!
respeckta  19
Report to moderator   Logged

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »

hehe YOU may find the black holes to go on all day, but i dont...
maybe i am just unlucky or i play at the wrong times, but if i log on with lets say 1000 turns i probably wont find a single black hole using all those travelling the universe. With some bad luck i dont find a single encounter using those...

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
DeltaSector
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 02:34:16 PM »

Sorry if this seems off topic djjcuk, but same as Baltic I have the exact opposite issue as you. Today I went to 136 planets (about 1200 -1400 turns) and found a total of 4 encounters!! (of which I could do 2, none of the 4 were BH's) Emi I know that encounters are re spawned at daybreak (and possibly every X hours after that) I was wondering if it would be at all possible to have encounters on the same system as encrypt missions, meaning as soon as 1 is done somewhere in the galaxy a different one re spawns somewhere else instead of just waiting for the pre-ordained re spawn time(s). That way it would not matter where in the world that you lived, everyone would have an equal chance of being able to find encounters.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:39:07 PM by DeltaSector » Report to moderator   Logged
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »

ya, that sounds like a good idea. i definatly notice that there are more at certain times during the day but i cant keep staying up insanely late on school night just so i can get a decent bio exp or bh. i think that maybe the number re-spawned should go down, or there should be a max of like 1/2quads in te universe at  at time and then they should re-spawn every time one dies.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
baltic
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »

i agree with you. decrease the total amount of encounters but make them respawn as soon as one is taken. That would be great.  mf_laughbounce2 mf_laughbounce2 mf_laughbounce2

off to serve my country in the deep forests of the freezing hell.
DeltaSector
Private

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:14:31 PM »

Is there any way this can be brought to Emi's attention sooner or do we just have to wait for him to browse this forum?
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 06:24:58 PM »

From my experience, a relatively large thermonuclear device is needed to get some attenion on this ..

I know this post was directed at SO server, but SO wars mission grinding is insane.  It just takes up so much time - I avoid Black Holes - and still - its the sheer mind numbing repetitive nature of it - that can go endlessly for hours because its 1 turn per mission.  Or it would - if I could stand it for more than 30 minutes at a stretch.

Please - increase turns and segs for missions on SO wars - and help these people with the time factor on SO server as well. 

Its a great game in almost all respects - but the time requirement to play competitively is too much - Im sure Derflinger and Broken are going to die at their keyboards - Im sure of it - help them!

PLEASE EMI >> HEEEEELLLP >>
al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:36:40 PM »

if u want e to at least read it then send hima link to this topic 13

btw djjcuk i was thinking the same thing- the game is loosing waay too much new people- though i had a different solution in mind 1

my suggestion would be to resize the bhs to give a max of 100 turns- though other rewards should be incresed 4.5 times(can be more to speed up the game)  to compensate for that 1 oh and turn items should be completely gone 13 oh and donation turns should also be scaled down or someone with a spare 100 bucks will get a verry big advantage 1
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:42:54 PM by al3xazz » Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »

Emi wont listen to removing black holes asked him so many times 10

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 11:00:35 PM »

i gave up on missions a long time ago because of the time requirements, if they didnt take so long i would do missions again

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 03:32:26 AM »

I agree, the mission grind is boring and annoying.

Multiply the cost and the result by 100 and you have a much more interesting game. Everyone can burn all their turns every day, weather they wish to micro manage exploring/mining, or just burn turns for segments.

You could even have a toggle switch, you can set the multiplier yourself from say 1-100 ... So if its at 1, you get 50 segs on the low level encrypts, and if it is at 100 you get 5000 on the low level encrypts. That way the player can make a choice. Weather they want items, and explore the galaxy or log on for a few minutes and burn some turns getting a bunch of segments.

This idea needs to be implemented imo.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:39:47 AM »

second.

WARS Account= Overmind
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 02:38:51 PM »

so... is anyone RLY opposed to increasing cost/payoff? or changing the event re-spawn system?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

event respawn is good the way it is, missions however are not.

WARS Account= Overmind
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »

working on this just now, I'll come up with something to make it fair for everyone too

Great suggestions btw 1

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3204.0.html

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: