Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 26, 2024, 02:47:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO WARS - Some further suggestions  (Read 4515 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2007, 05:20:31 AM »

A couple ideas for SO WARS to improve the competitive nature of the server.

- Eliminate or reduce the turns needed for movement.  Mainly this will allow players with time to invest the opportunity to find more encounters and also enemy players - not good for me personally - but I know some players spend a lot of time on the game, but may move around very little - just sitting and grinding missions.  This will open the playing field more and allow players to do more exploring rather than sitting in their own corner of the galaxy.  This should make it a more active game - with more PvP combat - and players not having to budget turns of movement so much against turns they could spend in other ways - the more free players are to explore the greater the opportunities for interaction.

- Scanning tech, allow a 2% or so chance to find an enemy player by scanning for them.  Set this to one attempt per player per 24 hours (for example).  As the game progresses mining facilities are less and less useful - due to declining resources and also increases in other sources of income.  Scanning tech is a big investment - this will ensure it is useful throughout the life of the game - also increases PvP opportunities.

- Warp evasion, reduce the percentage chance of warp evasion.  I think this really needs to be considered - an increase to the percentages granted by Warp Disruptor tech is a nice clean way to install this mechanic, say increase to 5% per level.  Otherwise a flat out reduction of warp evasion chances - its more than annoying warping halfway across the galaxy, spending 300 billion credits prepping an attack and reserving fleets etc - then your opponent warps.
Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »

Is this because you know I had to pay that and then you warped 16

You had only 15% change  2

First suggestion isnt good as then you can get infinite enc contracts as you get turn items from them. Or justs earch the galaxy for blackholes.

Maybe making the galaxy smaller for now would work.

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »

i like the last one, and FTP's Make the galaxy smaller. as for the scanning tech...i could care less, i dont quite get it 1

WARS Account= Overmind
nukecow1
Lance Corporal

i have become death, the destroyer of worlds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 05:54:22 AM »

make the galaxy smaller? i move from end to end almost everyday grinding missions (going 1 direction laugh)

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »

It will take aprox 1000 turns to move one row to be on every planet once if you dont do a single encounter, and you dont want to count how many rows there are:o

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »

10 across, 10 down, 10 per quadrant. So 1000 systems ... 10 turns travel time per system is a little on the generous side.

Takes me a week or two to check every system in the Galaxy, and thats with turns from votes and Blackholes.

But making it smaller won't be much fun, there's not enough missions to do as is. Not that I particularly want to do missions, but having to travel through 6 empty quadrants to find something worthwhile is kinda annoying.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »

If you keep the same number of encounters and missions but decrease the number of planets  15

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 07:17:02 PM »

If you keep the same number of encounters and missions but decrease the number of planets  15

I think that is good in theory, however, I think you may find the largest limiting factor is turn cost for movement, reduce or remove that and people will grow exceptionally fast.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 07:25:02 PM »

who said anything about reducing turns?

WARS Account= Overmind
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 07:52:12 PM »

If you go back from 10 planets in a system to 7 you will still spend allot of turns but everything will get more concentrated

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 09:22:55 PM »

who said anything about reducing turns?

No one.  confused

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »

Is this because you know I had to pay that and then you warped 16

You had only 15% change  2

haha - no, actually I did the same thing for you, and also .. hmm someone else .. forget who right now - so guess we are even on that score - however there is still the matter of you hammering me because I was logged off for more than 24 hrs .. hmm - Im going to want my 70k segs back - and even though im very polite - youll have to understand if I dont say please 16
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 07:45:24 AM »

Just find me in galaxy, I might even have to stop playing SO main aswell, University busy with some crap, dont have much time. And because of some wacko teacher I might have to do the entire year again, well would give me more time for the rest of the year.

When I attacked you I got my defence up nicely and stuff like that, but on Rivaris his attack I bougth the wrong ships and reserved them, no cleu why, probably as I wasnt feeling well. Although that still means a great hit from Rivaris.

If you kill him I will write your name on a list, of who I have to kill when I get time to come back 10

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: