Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 29, 2024, 11:25:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Life of Humanimus  (Read 11732 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 12:25:43 AM »

75000 years speed up then :p and you need to make up some reason why the commanders age slowly :p
Report to moderator   Logged

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »

dont worry. its covered. thank god for relativity jkjk but it will be explained

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »

funny emi posted that randomly soo long agao.. and everyone who knows how to find it uses it as a reference to around what time it is in the game :p emi should actally do another update were it will compare years with days (2 weeks = a year?) or something like that lol and make the years start off at some number around 75-76k 's and have the years slowly pass by though the rounds, so when people make storys or go back to times in the game they can reamber what year it was.. so instead of you making up dates the guy could say "Dooms Day was started in 75908 AD but failed and restared yet again a month later. :p

oh oh 1 day = 1 month 1

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 07:36:46 PM »

ingame time is going to be VERY loose. as far as the relativity thing... i have never seen that line b4... i thought it was original 10

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Revan
Lance Corporal

In game name- Jace

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 09:21:15 PM »

Why don't you base it off of the main story line that i posted?

~You should know by now... I can't die.

~Forgotten Ancients- With us the fate of the galaxy rests...
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 04:27:32 AM »

good effort in a time line but...

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,105.msg1721.html#msg1721

you really should adjust your time line to match up with the dates emi gave so long agao.. emi made the date up in the 3rd or 4th round, a long time agao... if anything you should try to stick to his dates, that date on his post is around the time allainces were first introdsued so if anything the time line for allainces should start their, then make it more intresting make 1 day in real time = 1 month in the game so rounds will take a while to finish a 4 month round = 120 days or 10 years in the game 1

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 10:53:24 PM »

well lama if u r so concerned, compile the timeline u wanna see and i'll probly end up using it.

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 05:04:02 PM »

it would take time and i never have been that dedicated to notice events that dont effect me (sorry) i just dont care 1 not to mention i wouldnt go back as far as some others would.. and i could really care less if you havent noticed im trying to start dday while i still have a high rank so i can stop playing already 1

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

bad news, i have run it by my counselor and this book has turned in to my senior project (i'm only in 10'th right now). this means that it will take MUCH longer for me to complete but that the quality will be better... sry for the wait, but hey, it should be pretty dang kick @$$ by the time i finish it and a full copy will eventually posted somewhere in the forum. also note that the scope of the project has expanded dramatically, the name has changed and the finished product will be a college/high school level full length novel (complete with room for spin offs, sequels and prequels).

again sry for the let down, i know that its no longer rly appropriate to be kept in this forum branch especially considering that a finished product wont be posted for years.

i will be looking for help and ideas. if some one ever has some decent/relivant input i would much appreciate it getting tossed around in the forum.

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 02:18:37 AM »

well if you ever need anything in the "evil" point of view or often of from the guy noone likes on any round after the 4th round you can talk to me, and if you ever need anything from the better or "good" side you can try to contact Frank..

i wouldnt mind reading this if its good :p

btw how many words do you have so far (cheer to microsoft's word count!) i enjoy writeing too and have storys of 12.000 and 11.000 words (not at all relivent to spaceo) but i wouldnt want to post them for there left unfinished and the first one (bigger) is in such a rough draft form only i can read it and understand what i was trying to say.. :p the second was is better by alot but has a ton of minor spelling/grammer errors (ugh finding the right word is hard sometimes.. i just found out the english vocab has over 700.000 words...)

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »

currently, it just broke 5k and i am probly 3/4 the way done with chapter 1 (of 15-20)

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »

thats a good lenght 1

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 01:57:34 AM »

i've got 2+ years left to be working on it... so who knows, maybe it'll change

*note* plot has expanded significantly in a way that shifts away from SO and more to the near future... this near future should mesh with Frank's book though so we'll see how it works.

again sry for continuing this thread, and thank you for not penalizing me moderators

*edit* i will place the rough draft of chapter one here when it is completed  and continue to throw out tidbits later on so that im not in total violation of the forum's intent
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:59:28 AM by Silence444 » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 02:25:55 AM »

its a story weather in the making or done calm down the moderators are human to not assholes lol...

writing is fun i enjoy doing it too, but the stuff i been writeing is more Fantasy/Sci-Fi .. a bunch of Fantasy Creatures but in a Futureristic world.. nothing to do with spaceo.. 16

the hardest part i think is after you finish the rought draft of a section editing it over and over again to get what you wanted to say to come out right... i completly changed the first page of my story 3 times before i settled on a hook that seems intresting. but if thats what it takes so be it, bring the reader in fast and get them begging for more!

or second hardest is grammer and spelling :p

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »

grammar is a verb. last year on my first english test i circled the word grammar as the verb. it is one of the 6 times eeny meeny miny moe has ever failed me on a test.

-Silence444-
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: