Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 08:07:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Life of Humanimus  (Read 11729 times)
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:24:51 PM »

any one mind if i do a sort of running social commentary that follows the SO story line in the form of a relatively short novel (probly 75-100 pages when i'm done). i want to submit it for a finale english assignment at the end of the school year and it would be cool to get some new feedback.
Report to moderator   Logged

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 10:07:26 PM »

lol sounds cool to me, i dont think anyone would have a problem with it...

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:05:14 AM »

Haha, your teacher may

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 03:27:29 AM »

HAHAHA it meets project guidelines and they encourage creativity/originality... besides i've been working on short lil bits for i dont know how long. i'm kinda just gunna throw them together and make it follow SO. i have the first chapter nearly done and i still cant introduce the main character... rly starting to make me angry. ideas for killing off a supporting character?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Dylan Wolf
Private

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »

Lol sounds cool got some ideas for killin the supportin character. 
i need some details first but hers some starters

His cryo pod malfunctiond while in warp cutting of his life support and thawing him pre-maturly causing the others to find a half rotted corpse.  it gets worse from here! lol

He was reparing the hall of somthing in space when his  tether released, or metors, or he punctured his suit causing him to rapidly decompress making him exploed and covering the inside of his space suit with pulpy flesh!  hows that for a death

he gets into an affair another character kills him.

OR maybe he was in a shuttle craft with some other characters that you want dead the thrusters on it break causing the craft to plummet towards the planet in a firey ball of death being boiled alive the occuponts flesh begins to melt the ones left screem in aggony as they see there death aprroching fast.  To much?

Dont go to website yet im still workin on it stupid dial up!!!!!
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »

he is a character back in 20'th century earth Seattle Washington area in his junior year of high school. he is currently in a coma caused by a bus crash. later he will develop a theoretical ai as a method of making up his missed school years to gain early admittance to college. he needs to die after he submits his paper... and i cant think of a way that doesnt sound corny/create plot holes.

-Silence444-
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 09:04:42 PM »

The ai evolves past his capacity, he loses himself and becomes a computer

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Dylan Wolf
Private

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

Is he crippled from the crash or is he perfectly fine

Dont go to website yet im still workin on it stupid dial up!!!!!
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 09:43:41 PM »

you could have some anti tech guyor religios nut or something that blows him outa the water

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 07:27:51 PM »

count me in.. (wants a big role... mmm the guy who startes everything.. over and over again.)

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 08:47:16 PM »

character is in a coma but comes out a couple years later perfectly fine otherwise due to an experimental drugged that the doctors used to try and save him. additionally, he developed a "split personality" that tutored him while he was in the coma that was unimaginably intelligent (not to mention that some time dilation occurred and he spent what seemed like decades learning). ai "never actually works" and the idea is shot down by some professors. not gunna give anything else away until i actually finish chapter one 1

*note* there will be a surprising amount of plot depth for an online posting and that my sentence structure is much better then that of my postings
*also note* i need help patching together the timeline because i took a year+ vacation from the game and that anyone who helps will get input on the story/a part if they want one
*final note* as of right now the story will revolve around my character, Project RS, Emi and TH (when i first started gunfighter frank and emi were pretty much everyone i talked to)

-edit-
will be reminiscent of Card's Xenocide (borrows some theories and follows a similar format) + i figured out how to "kill" the character off 1
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:53:06 PM by Silence444 » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:12:25 AM »

hmmm card is a great autrhor i read all the ender series.. rock on!!

but really how far can you go back? not as far as frank who is making one i geuss from really old times in spaceo :p

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »

it goes back to late 1900's then it gets weird because main character takes a break for a LONG time and some side stories develop. after about 22-2500 (depending on what frank is doing) and then it will pick back up on main and skip around for a while getting in to the beginning of inter stellar star-flight. after this SO will pick up and main character will come back in as a major component and myself + frank will make our appearances (in addition to anyone that helps). after this it will continue in to the near SO future and then sort of go back and forward to all times at once finally concluding... (not gunna give away ending).

*note* i will release basic outlines as story develops and the first chapter as a sort of teaser as soon as it is done/refined. also note that i am only a soft-more (with no knowledge of english grammar) and it will take a LONG time to get decent quality writing out of what i do. additionally note that this is much less a story about SO then it is a story set in the SO universe.

-Silence444-
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:33 PM »

cheak emi's really old guides it shows dates and you can go off thouse, 2500.. it more like 10k something :p and each time dday restarts its like 100 or so years..

http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,105.msg1721.html#msg1721

[Passage from the stolen book "Trade Secrets of Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles", page 69 paragraph 7, "Chronicles of a successful merchant", 75793 A.D.]

reamber this was posted march 2006 on this fourm older on the previous fourm so im geussing posting around the 3rd round.. take in to concideration every round in that AD time could be counted as 100 or so year.. untill dday starts (or you can think of an equivlent day to year ratio... longer rounds longer time frame)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:25:00 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 12:23:52 AM »

2500 is when it will speed up/ jump to where SO starts

-Silence444-
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: