Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 10:46:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Daemen's pièce de résistance  (Read 21011 times)
Daemen
Private First Class

Leader of the Silver Dragons

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »

Alright then, so this is my art profile, I'm alright with sigs and the like, but I'll be mostly trying to design landscapes if Sir emi is looking for something like I'll put up.

Here is my first, bad, attempt at a landscape of a terran world. (took me 2 hours, but I haven't used Bryce in a long time...)

This is mostly showing some of what I can do with Bryce, this what you're looking for sir emi?
Report to moderator   Logged

The Silver Dragons, gaurdians of the galaxies. Seeking friends and obliterating enemies. We protect our own, we will not spare those who seek to destroy or humiliate us.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

That looks cool. What I'm looking for is your basic landing area for a planet, check out Mars Pathfinder landing to get an idea of a desert planet. Of course some mountains would be nice to add for flavor.

These are the planet categories: rocky, desert, ice, inferno, ocean, terra, gaia, alien

The rocky planet would be your basic moon landing with a few more mountains and roky cliffs.
Desert would be a barren waste, but at least is has a thin atmosfere, so some winds and dust would be in there, as well as some mountains in the distance.
Ice, basically a pic from the south pole, shouldn't be too hard to find... maybe some land here and there.
Inferno, just like the name suggests, big volcanic activity, volcano in the distance and maybe some lava here and there but not too much. Some smoke coming out in the distance, prob a volcano.
Ocean, lots of water, small islands in the distance, something in the air like those floating things in the pic above, but maybe with land on them and man made, like floating terrains to grow food or forests.
Terra, green pastures, a few mountains in the distance, some lakes and water.
Gaia, lots of trees and green pastures.
Alien, spooky looking, with an acid atmosphere maybe... blue and redish atmosphere maybe.

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »

so emi do you want pictures that are like from the surface of the planet or from space or both?

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 01:04:38 AM »

Es very pretty 13

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Daemen
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 01:49:26 AM »

haha, thanks zerg 16
ok, maybe a little overkill on the amount of lava... But here's the inferno world. (took almost 20 minutes to render the thing...)

And a very quick one of a water world, I made it so you can land on the floating pads, and you're on one, looking over the edge.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 02:25:15 AM by Daemen » Report to moderator   Logged

The Silver Dragons, gaurdians of the galaxies. Seeking friends and obliterating enemies. We protect our own, we will not spare those who seek to destroy or humiliate us.

Dylan Wolf
Private

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »

low whistle wow those are cool the inferno world kinda looks like a battlezone map though no offence... maybe its the same engine

I love the floating platforms there cool
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:57:38 PM by Dylan Wolf » Report to moderator   Logged

Dont go to website yet im still workin on it stupid dial up!!!!!
Daemen
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »

alright, just finished with an ice world. possibly one of the better ones.

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 06:19:21 PM »

lol sweet, yea right now id be using a combination of 3ds max and unreal Ed to make some nice ones but i uninstalled unreal due to a glitch and now i cant find the cd -.-

Daemen
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:27:42 PM »

Ow, well I hope you find it... The program I'm using is Bryce 5.5, and you can download it free from daz3d.com works on both mac and windows if I remember right... (I'm running a mac, but I'm pretty sure it can go either way.) But you could also pay out some money and get Bryce 6 for 100 dollars... Opps But what I'm doing is very simple to learn, but I've been doing it for a while now.
Yet, the one thing I can't do very easily are cities... And only then from a distance. It would take me a while to get the right texture for it...

Dylan Wolf
Private

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »

That ice one is good hopefully there will be planets soon to implement the desings.  How much space does the programe take?

Dont go to website yet im still workin on it stupid dial up!!!!!
Daemen
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »

Bryce studio is about 195 MB, and it also requires DAZ studio (It asks you if you want to download it after downloading Bryce.) And DAZ studio is about 23 MB. So yes, it does takes up some space. (It helps when you have 100 GB on your comp though 16 13) It's all free, and tell-ware. As in if you use it, tell some people about it, they make their money off of newer stuff.

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 09:46:27 PM »

haha i jsut finished umm...aquiring(16)... bryce 6, but i dont think ima figure it out till after dinner

Daemen
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 10:08:03 PM »

Ahem, you pay for it? ;) "Aquiring" doesn't sound very legit... 13 I wish I had it though, it's a really good program, If you can learn it, you can probably make much better pictures than I can, which I have no problems with. The better the game looks, then I'm happy.

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »

hahaha, ya it mihgt take me a few days to figure out but it shouldent be that much work
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:05:31 PM by Satan » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 06:00:22 PM »

i like the ice one 1 looks the most realalistic..

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: