Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 01, 2024, 02:43:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Buttons.  (Read 5186 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2007, 10:55:57 AM »

Morph Button.

You can save multiple Blueprints for the same ship, and pressing the Morph button will switch the systems on the ship to the Secondary design. This would cut down the need to switch out systems manually, or for the lazy, allow one ship to do multiple jobs.  21

Think, Robotech/Macros etc.   15

Battlegroup Attack.

You should be able to link several of your fleets into a battle group, and then when you want to attack with this Battlegroup, just click the Battlegroup button instead of all the individual fleets.  21

Sometimes I have 20 fleets in my stack, all ships there for specific jobs, it becomes a pain to do missions with all the extra fleets out, and expensive to keep cycling them through the Reserves option.  2

ANother option along the lines of the Battlegroup, is to register several of your Fleets to Attack mode, and just by clicking on missions, Bases, Encounters etc, those fleets would all attack.  21
Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »

that would DEFINITELY save a lot of time and i for one think its an excellent idea but the question is... is it worth any emi's programming time in the near future?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Zingaro
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

Battlegroup Attack.

You should be able to link several of your fleets into a battle group, and then when you want to attack with this Battlegroup, just click the Battlegroup button instead of all the individual fleets.  21

Sometimes I have 20 fleets in my stack, all ships there for specific jobs, it becomes a pain to do missions with all the extra fleets out, and expensive to keep cycling them through the Reserves option.  2

ANother option along the lines of the Battlegroup, is to register several of your Fleets to Attack mode, and just by clicking on missions, Bases, Encounters etc, those fleets would all attack.  21

How about having your selection of ships saved each mission as default and then when you wish to use different ships for different missions you just select and deselect the ones you want.....might be easier to impliment
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:37:41 PM »

it would start making Gold Account less needed lol...

emi still would need a reason to have people get gold account

(being the devils advocate here)

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:40:08 PM »

well, then make it a gold bonus? the battle group idea is something that would be awesome.

wow, you're really fat.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:43:16 PM »

then why would you need it it takes but 5 seconds to clone the same ship 10 times...

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »

ha, i was not even addressing the morphing ship thing.

i still am not.

making battle groups woulld be nice when you are running several stacks of ships or even when you are running p-ships. THATs what i would like to be implemented either for everyone or only gold.

wow, you're really fat.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 02:29:21 AM »

then why would you need it it takes but 5 seconds to clone the same ship 10 times...

Read the OP ... Reason still stands, doesn't affect Gold Account Usage at all.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »

I was about to post the same idea 16  but thought Id have a good read first. 

My idea was the same - but I was going to call it "Armada Formation".  Make a formation for PvP, one for missions - yeah its a d**n hassle having to select your mission ships all the time to do missions.

The Morph button I hadnt thought of - but a good idea also - I like to switch out weapons and special to change the ratio between attack and hit points, so would be handy to be able to do it with one click.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:25 AM »

How about having your selection of ships saved each mission as default and then when you wish to use different ships for different missions you just select and deselect the ones you want.....might be easier to impliment

I think this looks like a winner Zing - looks very easy to implement.  So when you put a check mark into a fleet box, then it stays selected until you unselect it - so if your doing missions, you dont have to click until you do something different - good suggestion, sounds real easy to get it done.
Remfer
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 06:28:30 PM »

i still don't get the morph thing but battel groups is something i've been considering asking about...they have it in a lot of other games (mostly the ones that are not browser based) but still.

And i sortof get the morph thing but not really...i get the basic idea of having a button that swaps one set of upgrades but it's not making some sense since as far as i can tell u would have to sell and repurchase the upgrades u want meaning u spend money...
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 05:06:48 AM »

with parts that cost 10cr each it could be considered a morph fee or some thing  laugh

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 12:09:35 PM »

Are these ideas doable Emi ?

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »

We have Battlegroup finally, awesome ...

Any movement on the Morph Button ? :-)

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: