Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 18, 2024, 06:03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Accounts  (Read 3063 times)
loskobosko
Private

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2007, 06:27:40 AM »

Hi everyone. I hope i am in the right place..
I have a question about multiple accounts.

Yesterday i attacked a patrol surveilling one quadrant. The name of the player was something like <player name 3>.

After a while, <player name 2> attacked me, crashing his own fleet.

After another while, <player name 1> attacked me several times, destroying all my fleet.

Now, i think it's very likely that this player has got at least three accounts, and that at least three accounts were used to get rid of my fleet. Now, i would like to know if it is legal to build more than one account and use them this way.

I say "it's very likely" because all the accounts shared the same name, except for a number, AND a the player referred to another account's fleet as to "my fleet".

Now, i am not posting the name for his/her reputation, in case i am wrong.

But if i am correct, and it is legal, then i'll be building a fleet of accounts too, so that i am not so much in disadvantage. So that if a newbie attacks my newbie account, i can show my muscles using my old account.

I really want to understand the not so clear multi-account policies of the game. I will really appreciate an answer, thank you in advance.
Report to moderator   Logged
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »

It is legal to have multiple accounts on the condition that you use them as completely seperate accounts. That means no transfering of credits, no scouting the galaxy for encounters, and no using one account to fight another acounts battles. Im pretty sure that what you have posted is against TOS

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »

It is wrong & against TOS for one person to use multiple accounts to attack another.

" Limitations   
        (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources. "

Send a message to Sir Emi, but be sure to have records of the attacks as proof and the different names.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

loskobosko
Private

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »

Yeah, i read the TOS before posting, but that line you write in red can lead to different interpretations.. (at least for me.. i am not a native english!)
So that's why i have been asking here.
deezee66
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 02:18:50 AM »

you should report this to emi.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:45:16 AM »

What he did IS against ToS, please report the incident to Sir Emi ingame [e(#1)] or on the forum with as many details as you can remember. Thank you.

Topic locked.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: