Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 06:57:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anime  (Read 88923 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2007, 05:53:56 AM »

-warning, Video's May include spoilers. Click "Playlists" then "Anime"

Anime!

Well, I hate to say it but I geuss I'm a fan of anime since I am I'll start a list of whats good to watch. (long one?)

*NEW*If you would like to see Samples (AMV or Anime Music Videos) on any of the below Anime’s go to www.youtube.com/lammalord click on playlists and check out the playlist "Anime" OR check under the anime you want to look at and click on the enlarged brown link. Each Link Shows the Anime the AMV is about and the Song. Enjoy!*NEW*
-If a video is unavailable please post in the forum and i will replace it with a new one for the same anime

- Full Metal Achlamest +1

Full Metal Alchemist AMV - From The Ashes

review from color]

Summary-"You can't gain something without sacrificing something else of the equal value. This is the principle of the equivalent trade."

The story takes place in an alternate world from ours in the early 1900's. Two young brothers, older Edward Elric and younger Alphonse Elric, live with their mother Trisha in the small village of Resembool. Their father left home when they were still very young, but Ed and Al inherited his passion for alchemy.

1909. On a fine day, Trisha dies of an unknown illness, leaving her two sons orphans. Ed blames his father for Trisha's death and wants to find a way to bring her back to life. At this time, Ed was 10, Al 9. When Edward finds out about flesh forging in an alchemy book that belonged to his father, he engages in an intense training with Al in order to be able to perform a human transmutation.

On February 1910, the Elric brothers cross the forbidden line trying to resurrect their mom. The attempt ends in a complete failure. In the process, Ed loses his left leg and Al his whole body. In a last try full of despair, Ed uses alchemy to restore his brother's spirit putting it in a suit of mail, at the further cost of his right arm. When Al wakes up in the armour, he suddenly realizes what happened and takes his unconscious injured brother to the neighbors, the Rockbells.Who put automail(mechanical parts)on Eds left leg and right arm.

After that day, the two decide to embark on a journey to find the legendary Philosopher's Stone, rumored to create anything from nothing, in hopes of getting back their original bodies.

- Bleach +2/-1

Bleach AMV- Chance

review from Kalkaph

Bleach... no one is sure as to why it was called that, but it is about the human Ichigo becoming a temporary Soul Reaper. Soul Reapers are those who guide souls to the after life in the Soul Society and the slayer of hollows, corrupted souls. Ichigo has always been able to see souls, but one day a hollow attacks him and he is saved by a Soul Reaper named Rukia. However later that night his family was attacked and Rukia was injured so she temporarily gave him his powers, but what she did was not allowed.

Bleach's first 20 or so episodes are fairly boring, but they do hold the necessary background information on all of the characters. From then on the series is very good with the exception of a few fillers here and there, but they never lasted long with the exception of one part that i never thought was a filler until after i had seen it. The Bounto Saga is one big filler, but i would still recommend watching it as it is a good filler.

The combat scenes in Bleach are very intense, however they go overboard with the amount of blood lost. No human being could lose the amount the characters of Bleach do. Also the main character does not always win his fights, he can lose.

There are currently 136 Episodes in Japanese and 45 in English.

review from Lammalord

I would have to say that sure bleach is a fairly good show but its rideing up on the point of never ending. the main characters almost never lose and the fight sceens seems to be way to drawn out with more talking about there life and what they want to do or insults rather than actally throwing blows and it seems that no matter what every "good guy" seems to have some power to pull out of there ass that makes them win in the last possible minunet. most the ablitlys are not evently spread out eaither you have tons of pwans or completly useless people that useally just point there swords at people and die. so really its the captains and some vice captains that have any power at all in the show everyone else seems pretty pointless. i still watch the show from time to time, and its an okay show deffently not one of the best though...

- .hack +1

Hack Sign AMV - The Girl Looking Into Me

review from Lammalord

the first season .hack//sign is a very good anime on the play of emotions it had me hooked into what the main character was going to end up doing a great show to watch. the next one was .hack//limaosity taking place outside the game.. not emotions here more of an "investigative" animie only 4 episodes.  then comes .hack//legond of the twilight this one has less emotions in it and is more comidic with a bit more action than .hack//sign another great part taking place many years after the orginal. and the more recent one is .hack//roots form what i saw its pretty good and more simular to .hack//sign type of story, but unfortently there are only 19 of the 26ish episodes in english.. i dont know why cartoon network droped the show

- Witch Hunter Robin

Witch Hunter Robin AMV- Everything you Want

- Blue Gender

Blue Gender AMV -Earth Song

- Infinite Ryvius +1

Infinite Ryvius AMV- Letter-From the Lost Ship

review from Lammalord

from the same makers of Argento Soma comes Inifinite Ryvius. this is another animie based mostly on the emotions of others placeing hundreds of kids alone in space with no adult super vision. its an anime on kids haveing to take the rolls of adults and being pressured into adult situations.  It's sort of like Lord of the Flies but in the far future with smart kids running a space ship as if it is second nature, for being in the years of the 2200's space travel is second nature to the human race. all the characters are introdused quite quickly in the show and you can easly get confused with all the techo blabber but if you can follow the story its a great anime for thouse who dont peffer blood and guts.

- Argento Soma +1

Argento Soma AMV- Phantom Menance

review from Lammalord

This one is about a girl and an alian robot the girl went though trauma and acts alot younger than her age, but she is the only person who is able to control the robot into killing more dangerous out of control robots bount on destorying the planet. the girl seems completly unaware of how this goverment agency is useing her to kill the other robots and plays the part of innocents. its a very good anime about misrepresented or misunderstood people. but without a true reason both sides countiune to fight at all costs.

- Full Metal Panic

Full Metal Panic AMV - Join Me

- Gunslinger Girl +1

Gunslinger Girl AMV- Woke from Dreaming

review from Lammalord

If you like shooting with fancy guns assinations and some smooth moves this is a great show for you. but be warned it has alot of emotions in it for the "assisans" are mearly little girls that dont understand themselfs forced into fights by there handlers and a goverment agency called section two. this isnt a very happy anime, the only time you may get excited is during the fight sceens witch tends to be 1/4 to 1/3 the episode at most, but the rest of it is about misunderstood little girls trying to fight their emotions but at the same time please the one that they love no matter how he treats them back.

- Elfen Lied +1

Elfen Lied AMV - Weight of the World

review from Tzarkoth

German for Elf Song apparently.

The anime series of Elfen Lied has been praised for its technical excellence in production quality, animation and color.Criticism has been leveled at both the Japanese and English dub for having sub-par voice acting in the first three episodes. Another criticism is that the series ends abruptly with some loose ends to the story that could leave viewers unsatisfied. Despite these criticisms, Western reviewers also describe the series as "really a genuinely good watch", "a horror series of exceptional merit", "certainly memorable" and "a very special show, good and bad parts taken into consideration". In the 2004 AnimeReactor Community Awards, fans voted the Elfen Lied anime as the Best Opening/Ending Combination, Best Drama, Best Thriller (Mystery/Horror), Best Fanservice and also voted Lucy/Nyū as Best Female Character. Also at the first annual American Anime Awards 2007 at New York Comic-Con, Elfen Lied was nominated for "Best Short Series".

The opening Theme sets the tone for this short 13 episode series. If you don't mind the odd bit of fan service, the story is good, the scenes are well drawn and the fight scenes are brief and bloody. Not quite sure who the good guys are for a while there.

review from Lammalord

Can you say bloody? heads flying, body parts all over, bones exposed, guts exposed.. gosh like the first episode said "she managed to kill 23 men in 5 minunets she's a dangerous killer" it never really explaines how it started. and it did leave alot out at the end.. like the previous review alot of "loose ends leaving the audience unsatsified" i hope they come out with a second season.. cause i wanna see more.  but if you like an anime were you never really know whats going to happen with surpises at every turn then this would be the show cause people die or in some cases dont die that you would think could never happen.. way to make a story intresting had me watch just about the entire series in one go.. but i couldnt cause school got in the way.

just a warning though there is some nudity in this show.. (watching the opening and ending explains all) it seemed to not mind letting a little girl (or older) get their clothes torn off then beated up naked. no sexual gestures (except on accident in a humoris way...) or sexual tourcher (deffently not henti) but at the same time it dosnt really bother to hide that stuff.. eaither.

- Death Note

Death Note AMV-Helena

- Code Geass

Code Geass AMV -What I've Done

- Shingetsutan Tsukihime +1

Shingetsutan Tsukihime AMV- Furious Angels

review from Lammalord

This anime has Vampires in it but its more about other things, the main character falls in love with a vampire that hunts a evil monster over and over again, its a love story about an abnormal guy and a group of friends trying to fight it out against an unknown power. there quite a bit of downtime about discorvering what it truely means to be a human but when there is a fight seen they dont forget to leave out the blood, lots of blood. the main character is a guy thats now always there insensivtie but he still seems to be a chick mangent. it only has 12 episodes in the series and dont expect a happy ending.

- Hellsing +2

Hellsing AMV-Animal I Have Become

review from Lammalord

This is a great Vampire Anime.. and i would reccomend it to anyone that likes alot of blood and a show were the good guys are bad but the bad guys are just a little bit worse. if your watching though be warned that it does have some (alot of) bad lauange in it and a few nude scenes (i think, cant reamber) there is a series that goes episode 1-13 that is in english then currently 2 OVA's in english and one in Japansese (english comes out October 15th) i personaly think the OVA is better and (to what i heard) its more along the story in the manga than the episodes are. but if you can get past the lauange and large amounts of gore this is easly the best vampire anime out there.

review from Tzarkoth

I guess the original DVDs not the series. <added to Lamma's comments>

Hellsing is unique in that it takes much of itself from late 19th century and early 20th century Western fiction. It includes themes primarily from H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu works and Bram Stoker's Dracula, rolled together with some fast-paced action sequences. The main characters are part of the Hellsing organization, which may have been inspired by the Lovecraftian Miskatonic University's Wilmarth Foundation, an organization formed for fighting demons and the undead. Cthulhu Mythos fans will appreciate the parallels. The name Hellsing is derived from Abraham van Helsing, and it has been indicated that the series takes place in the same continuity as the novel Dracula.

The series is different from many other anime/manga in that it focuses more on close-quarter combat using exotic guns, similar to the style of heroic bloodshed, with lots of jumping and diving.

Studio GONZO drew the thirteen-episode TV series intensely stylized and matched with an extensive soundtrack, scored by Yasushi Ishii, which mixes rock, blues and jazz with experimental elements.

This is Anime legend.

Awesome, well drawn, very stylish. Open theme music is very catchy. Too cool for words. A different take on the Hellsinge v Dracula relationship, set in the present. Expanded into a series which didn't appeal to me.

- Trinity Blood +2

Trinity Blood AMV - Mark of my Sins[/b]

review from Kalkaph

Trinity Blood is about a constant conflict between the Terrans (humans) and the Methuselah (vampires). There is a special group of holy people who each possess a special talent. Father Abel Nightroad is the main character, he is neither human nor vampire though. He is a being that feeds upon the vampires, a Crusnik. There are 4 in total but you only know of 3 in the anime as one died before the anime takes place. They are Abel, his brother Cain, and his sister Seth, the 4th was Abel's love Lilith, but she was killed by Cain.

There was a total of 26 episodes both in Japanese and English

- Blood +

Blood Plus AMV - Right Now

- Cowboy BeBop

Cowboy Bebop AMV- Bohemian Rhapsody

- Trigun +1

Trigun AMV - Last Resort

review from Nightshadow

Summary-Trigun is one of the greatest series I've seen so far. Trigun is about a rumored outlaw who could destroy entire cities just by passing through. It's only natural that a huge bounty would be put on his head. What everyone doesn't know is that this outlaw, Vash the Stampede is actually a kind hearted pacifist who is just misunderstood. The chaos happens from the people attempting to score themselves the bounty, causing destruction in their failed attempts.

- Naruto

Naruto AMV- Hell Song

review from zephyrblade

The ninja-based (I say BASED) anime, "Naruto", is set in a world of obsessive loyalty to one's own village.
The main part of the story is based around The Village Hidden in The Leaves (Konoha). The story begins with a legendary battle, where a Nine Tailed Fox-Demon is going to destroy Konoha, unless somehow (unbelievebly) stoped. A single legendary ninja sacrificed himself to seal the soul and power of the nine-tailed fox away. Unfortunately, it was stored in a newborn boy. This boy is Uzumaki Naruto. The show follows this young ninja on his missions, and as well as on  his journey towards his ultimate dream, to become his village's Hokage (Sort of like a mayor, but treated more like an empreror of the village, LOL).
I personally really enjoyed it, but I know some people detest it. Still, it is a very popular anime, and I owuld reccomend at least watching the first thirty eps to see if you like it. (It goes for a few hundred episodes.)
Oh, and make sure you watch the uncut versions, it has more violence.  I'd give this series a 9/10

- Ghost in the Shell +1

Ghost in the Shell AMV - Clubbed to Death

review from Lammalord

if you want a show thats into politics and techincal warfare here it is. there are two seasons of this Ghost in the Shell - 2nd Gig and Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex i think i missed the first episodes of 2nd Gig cause i never got how the unit reformed or what happened.. but it is still a great anime on future warfare against very well covered and highly equipt terrorist. but not matter what happens the side of good always prevails with or without damage, not to mention it has a great fainalie to both seasons leaving you gasping for more.

- Samurai Champloo

Samurai Champloo AMV - Someday

- Princess Mononoke +1

Princess Mononoke AMV - Blow Me Away

review from Tzarkoth

- Mononoke is the third most popular anime movie in Japan of all time. :-)

It is a jidaigeki (period drama) set in late Muromachi period of Japan, and centers on the struggle between the supernatural guardians of a forest and the humans who need its resources, as seen by the outsider Ashitaka. "Mononoke" ("Mononoke"?) is not a name, but a general term in Japanese for a spirit/god/monster of the natural world.

A feature length movie. Well drawn, nice story. Kinda Depressing. The good guys all die.

- Wolf's Rain

Wolf's Rain AMV -Tomorrow

review from 0cossin77

Wolf's Rain takes place in a future torn apart by a devastating winter causing most to live in poverty and where Wolfs are a fairytale and most people believe that they are extinct after being hunted down by humans 200 years ago. In reality, wolfs still exist and walk among humans, using illusions to make themselves appear human so that they aren’t killed. Kiba is trying to find a place called paradise, a place were supposedly everything is always happy, and possibly the last wolf to believe in the place. Along the way he finds a couple more wolfs to go with him on his journey, while getting caught in a major war between Jaguara's troops and the people. To get to paradise the pack must find the flower maiden, a girl created from a lunar flower, which will show them the way to paradise. Don't let the story fool you, there is a lot of good action scenes in the show and it is defiantly worth watching. There are 30 episodes including the 4 OVAs that were made as compensation for repeating episodes (16 - 20 I believe). Also keep in mind that it has a very, very sad ending. In addition, the ending almost creates more questions than it answers. I highly recommend that you watch it.
- Akira  +1

Akira AMV- Come out and Play

review from Tzarkoth

I remember watching this pre Terminator II ... and thinking they could never nuke a city in a Hollywood type movie. It's a fast action paced adventure, with government types doing government things and weird mutants blowing the crap outa entire cities. The Hero is an average teenager with good motorbike skills and some Kung Fu. It's a clasic, well drawn, and for its time, amazing.

is a 1988 Japanese animated film co-written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo based on his manga of the same name. The movie led the way for the growing popularity of anime in the West, with Akira considered a forerunner of the second wave of anime fandom that began in the early 1990s. One of the reasons for the movie's success was the highly advanced quality of its animation. At the time, most anime was notorious for cutting production corners with limited motion, such as having only the characters' mouths move while their faces remained static. Akira broke from this trend with meticulously detailed scenes, exactingly lip-synched dialogue — a first for an anime production (voices were recorded before the animation was completed, rather than the opposite) — and super-fluid motion as realized in the film's more than 160,000 animation cels. It is regarded by critics as one of the greatest animated films ever made.

- Ninja Scroll +1

Ninja Scroll AMV- Cradle of Filth

review from Tzarkoth

Another oldie ... But worth a mention. Good story, nice fight scenes ... Ninja's kicking ass. :-)

Its a Hero's journey. The main character is a Ninja. It's ultra-violent, has scenes that are definitely R18+ and in places somewhat disturbing. The fight scenes are awesome, Ninja v Ninja and Ninja v Demons. I haven't scene Wiked City by the same director, one of those tenticle sex type ones I assume from the cover.

Ninja Scroll (Jūbei Ninpūchō?) is a Japanese action thriller anime, set in feudal Japan, by critically acclaimed director/writer Yoshiaki Kawajiri who was best known for his previous thriller Wicked City (Yōjū Toshi). The character designs were done by Yutaka Minowa. The movie is an homage to Ninpōchō series, ninja novels by Futaro Yamada.

- Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D AMV- Vampire Heart

- Basilisk +1

Basilisk AMV - Never Enough

review from Nightshadow

Summary-In a time when feudal lords fought for the glory of their shogun and when intrigue was rampant in the palace, two feuding ninja clans quietly waged a war of extinction.The Kouga and the Iga are two of Japan’s oldest and most powerful ninja clans. Tucked away in separate valleys in the scenic Japanese landscape, the two ninja ryu have fought a fierce war for over 400 years. No one remembers why the two loathe each other, but it’s a sentiment that has been passed down and nurtured through generations on both sides, just as if it were a family name or heirloom. The plan is simple: Kouga and Iga would each represent one of the emperor’s choices for shogun. A battle would be decreed and the next shogun would be chosen by whomever was left at the end of the ninpo war. That’s the official story. The unofficial story is the hopeful elimination of Kouga and Iga’s most fearsome fighters in a ninpou war. Kouga Danjo and Iga Oden, heads of each clan respectively, draw up a battle roster with ten names of each clan’s best fighters. The roster also represents the end of the anti-war pact that has restrained the Kouga and Iga from offing each other. The war pact now rescinded, the two ninja representatives speed away towards their valleys with news and the rosters. gennosuke and oboro unaware of any of this are the successors to the family heads: Iga Oboro and Kouga Gennosuke. The two were betrothed in the hope of unifying both clans. Although they had only met once before the betrothal, the two are now madly in love with each other and are eager to end the bitter hate between their clans.   
Thats about sums up this show rite now i think its only 24episodes in English

- Inuyasha +1

Inuyasha AMV - Everything Will be Alright

review from Nightshadow

Summary- Kagome is a modern Japanese school girl.  She has always been the sort who never really believed in myths and legends, even though her grandfather is obsessed with old stories, the family house is crammed with mystical talismans, and everything around her seems to have a legend attached to it.  But that all changes one day when a hideous, otherworldly creature pulls her out of her own world and into Japan's ancient past!  There she discovers more than a few of those dusty old legends are true, and her destiny is linked to one legendary creature in particular--a dog-like half-demon called InuYasha.  Once in the past, Kagome discovers that she wasn't pulled into the past by accident--her very life is linked to the events of hundreds of years past by the mystical Shikon Jewel.Is she really an incarnation of a priestess named kikyo the one who bound InuYasha to a scared Tree for over 50 years and tried to kill him?   

InuYasha has a total of 167 episodes both in English and Japanese 

- Paranoia Agent

Paranoia Agent AMV- Papercut

- Ranma 1/2 +1

Ranma 1/2 AMV - Just A Girl

review from Nightshadow

Summary-Ranma ½ definitely isn't for everyone. Why is this? It's simply outrageous, and though many try to copy it, none have been able to match the quirkiness. Basically, during training one day near some cursed springs, Ranma and his father slip up and land in separate pools of water. The curse causes Ranma to change into a girl when he gets touched by cold water, and his father changes into a panda under the same circumstance. This series also fits under the romantic comedy category, but it's certainly more zany than most other series. Laughs are guaranteed with this one. (to the above about trying to copy it if anyone watches it it looks like a fake InuYasha but was still good
I'm sure I missed some that I watched and will think of them later!

- S-Cry-Ed +1

S-Cry-ED AMV -Crawling

review from Nightshadow

Summary-Kazuma is a Native Alter user, born on the Lost Ground with amazing powers. But the forces from the mainland have sent in HOLY to subdue the Native Alters and bring a new order, and Kazuma isn't about to take that lying down.

- Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy AMV - Tourniquet

review from Lammalord

This was deffently a more intresting anime thats for sure.. very... odd at times.. if you have ever seen Paranoia Agent then this ranks up with that anime for having really random eposides and odd plots that at times seem to go totaly off the story line. but if you can get past the fancy words and confuseing plot its actally a real good anime.. one of the better ones in my opinion. and to define confusing in this anime.. there is a part were a girl thats suppost to be dead finds herself in a city thats empty and decideds to surch a huge wasteland for a guy that dosnt know who he really is. and at the same time the guy that dosnt know who he is finds a bookstore that dosnt really exist and starts talking to a man thats in his imagination about the past he cant reamber. then all of a sudden hes outside of the bookstore laying in the wasteland and the girl thats suppost to be dead finds him... and all this seriousness and blood.. WHAT THE **** was up with Smile Land?!?!? (cheers to completly random episodes.. i think the animator animated himself into that episode...)

- Tenjou Tenge

Tenjou Tenge AMV -Headstrong

review from 0cossin77

The storyline is kind of strange starting with a pair of street fighters coming to take control over a school via fighting but finishing mostly with a flashback leading up to that point explaining why they ended up fighting the enforcers or punishers for students that attack without provocation. The street fighters joined a club that helped train them so that they could get back at the enforcers for beating them up earlier. There really isn't much to say except there are a lot of good fighting scenes in it, along with a lot of clothing loss off of girls, or lack thereof in the first place. Good, quick watch though.

- Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing AMV - White Reflection

review from 0cossin77

Gundam Wing starts in the year After Colony 195, 195 years after earth becomes over populated and starts colonizing space colonies, when 5 scientists build mobile suits made of gundanium alloy and train 5 young boys to destroy OZ, an elite branch of alliance peace keepers. The 5 boys and their gundams are sent to earth covertly disguised as meteors. The five Gundam pilots have no knowledge of each others existence and fight whenever they meet until they find out that their objective is the same and band together to accomplish it. There are 49 episodes in addition to an ending movie, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. Heero Yuy is the first Gundam pilot that you see, when his identity is first revealed to a girl who finds him passed out on the beach he attempts suicide with a small bomb in his suit for just that purpose, which doesn't go so well and doesn't work. Later on through the storyline you will find that the incident is more related to him than a malfunction with the suit and that he has a knack for living through ridiculous amounts of bodily damage. Also, he seems to have a death wish most of the time. The Mobile Suits are also very special and sometimes show their own personality, mainly with Quatre's. The overall anime is excellent, and quite enjoyable. There is tons of great action scenes and a simple, easy to follow story. Enjoyable all the way through.

- Escaflowne

Gundam Wing AMV - White Reflection

review from MoonlightDragon

Hitome, a school-girl, wishes she could fade away from the world. Her wish comes true as she is transported to a different world where she is a goddess. She is befriended by a a rag-tag clan of militants opposing the military might of Lord Vulcan; including his brother Van. She must call forth the dragon armor in time to defeat the minions of Lord Vulcan

- Spriggan

Spriggan - Ultra

Yu is a young man who has a past he desperately wants to forget. His present is that he is a superhuman top agent for Arcan, an organization dedicated to protecting ancient artifacts to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. However, he receives several bloody messages, culminating in the suicide of a friend, telling that Noah would be his death. In response, Yu travels to Turkey to visit the Arcan dig at Mount Arrat, where Noah's Ark is supposed to have rested. Along the way there and at the destination, he learns of forces of his past have returned to stop him and sieze control of the Ark, which turns out to be an alien device of ultimate power

- Appleseed

Awesome AMV - Reload

Set at some point in the distant future, Appleseed finds the world ravaged by yet another war, and the survivors continue to fight battles amongst the ruins of Earth’s cities.  Deunan Knute is one of these survivors, a young woman who has spent her entire life fighting.  When the film opens, her squad has just been wiped out by a group of robotic assassins.  Despite some fancy legwork, she’s about to join her teammates when she’s rescued by another group of soldiers utilizing technology unlike anything she’s seen.

When Deunan awakens, she finds herself in completely different surroundings.  She’s been taken to the last remaining human city, a veritable utopia named, appropriately enough, Olympus. Her rescuer, a young woman named Hitomi, reveals Olympus’ secrets form peace—the city is actually controlled by a supercomputer named “Gaia” and half the population are actually clones called “bioroids”.  Since bioroids’ emotions are carefully controlled, they aren’t prone to the same passions as real humans, and so act as a buffer and mediator.

Naturally, however, some aren’t too happy with this state of affairs.  Fearing that bioroids are in a position to control humans, a group begins striking back at bioroids, destroying their repair facilities and planning to unleash a virus that will kill all bioroids.

Deunan, whose combat skills are so renowned that they’re even known in Olympus, is quickly recruited into Olympus’ police department.  There, she is reunited with her old comrade and lover Briareos, now a faceless cyborg due his wartime injuries.  What seems like a simple terrorist plot soon evolves into something much more insidious, and soon Deunan is facing betrayal at every turn, even from her closest friends

- Scrapped Princess

Scrapped Princess AMV - Vanity

- Gungrave

Gungrave AMV - Survive

- Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry AMV

- Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno AMV - Taking Me Over

- Gunslinger Girl Il

Gunslinger Girl IL AMV - Teatrino

- Strait Jacket

Strait Jacket Amv - Deconstruction

- 07 Ghost

07 Ghost AMV - New Divide

- Requiem for the Phantom

Requiem for the Phantom AMV - The Assassin's Road

- Baccano!

Baccano! AMV - Gore

- Le Chevalier d'Eon

Le Chevalier d'Eon AMV - Black Black Black Heart

- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni AMV - Pain

- Gantz

Grantz AMV

Other Anime (Repeats of ones above may be included)
- if you want to add a review on any of the mentioned anime it will be placed with a picture and the review above

Fullmetal Alchemist, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Elfen Lied, Cowboy Bebop, Hikaru no Go, Berserk, One Piece, Gundam SEED, 12 Kokuki, Fruits Basket, Last EXILE, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hunter X Hunter, Hajime no Ippo, Great Teacher Onizuka, Scrapped Princess, Azumanga Daioh, GunGrave, Vision of Escaflowne, Rahxephon, Grave of the Fireflies, Haibane Renmei, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Onegai Teacher, Monster, Trigun, Naruto, Furi Kuri, Planet ES, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Samurai Champloo, X TV, Rurouni Kenshin, BECK, Ima, Sokoni Iru Boku, , Bleach, Mai HiME, Chrno Crusade, AIR TV, Spirited Away, Gunslinger Girl, GetBackers, Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 1st GIG, Princess Mononoke, Hoshi no Koe, Cowboy Bebop - Knockin' on heaven's door, Read or Die, Uchuu no Stellvia, Wolf's Rain, Chobits, Scryed, Serial Experiments Lain, Noir, Kino no tabi ~the Beautiful World~, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Boogiepop Phantom, Inuyasha, School Rumble, Infinite Ryvius, Gankutsuoh, Seikai no Monshou, Ghost in the Shell, Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu, Vandread 2, Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate, Saikano, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Maison Ikkoku, Card Captor Sakura, Ai Yori Aoshi, Hachimitsu to Clover, Princess Tutu, Witch Hunter Robin, Genshiken, Seikai no Senki, Midori no Hibi, Love Hina, .hack//SIGN, Whisper of the heart, Kiddy Grade, Vandread, Initial D - First Stage, Akira, Kodomo no Omocha, Rurouni Kenshin - Seisouhen, Tennis no Ohjisama, Kanon, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Paranoia Agent, Koi Kaze, Kannazuki no Miko, Golden Boy, Eureka Seven, Gunparade March - Arata Naru Ko Gunka, Gravitation TV, Ai Mai Mi ! Strawberry Egg, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto, Maria-sama ga Miteru, D.C ~Da Capo~, Fushigi Yuugi, Outlaw Star, Mahoromatic, Kidou Tenshi Angelic Layer, Ultra Maniac TV, Aishiteruze Baby, Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai, Evangelion: End of Evangelion, Samurai 7, Martian Successor Nadesico, Mahoromatic TV 2, TEXHNOLYZE, Ranma 1/2, Hana Yori Dango, Onegai Twins, Ayashi no Ceres, Tenshi na Konamaiki, Kumo no Muko, Yakusoku no basho, Millennium Actress, D.N Angel, Pita Ten, Revolutionary Girl Utena, AA! Megami Sama, Slam Dunk, Jin-Roh, The Wolf Brigade, Slayers, The, GANTZ, Kimagure Orange Road TV, Sokyu No Fafner, Matantei Loki - Ragnarok, Shaman King, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, .hack//Legend of Twilight Bracelet, Kiki's Delivery Service, Tokyo Underground, AA! Megami Sama: The Movie, Gundam Wing, Yami no Matsuei, Suzuka, Piano, MADLAX, Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Trinity Blood, NARUTARU, Tsubasa Chronicle, DearS, Blood: The Last Vampire, Ninja Scroll, Peace Maker Kurogane, Howl no Ugoku Shiro, Boys Be, Green Green TV Appleseed Movie, Happy Lesson TV, Gundam SEED Destiny, Air Master, To Heart, Escaflowne - The Movie, SHUFFLE!, Chikyu Shojo Arjuna, Record of Lodoss War OVA, Perfect Blue, Tenjou Tenge, Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~, Alien Nine, Love Hina OVA, Dragon Ball, Grenadier - Hohoemi no Senshi, Ichigo 100%, E's Otherwise, Prince of Darkness, Flame of Recca, Angel Sanctuary, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ikkitousen, Dragon Ball Z, Kite, Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai, Vampire Hunter D, Maburaho, Final Fantasy Unlimited, Ragnarok The Animation, Sister Princess, Pokemon

- If you heard of any of these anime or watched them post what you've seen. So that I can place up stats such as pouplarity.

- Please post reviews of the anime you watched saying weather you did or didnt like it, this way people who havent seen it can get a better grasp on what its going to be. (no spoilers!)

- If there is an anime not listed you liked or heard was good please post to add it, no review required but it would be nice.

Green = a postive review
Red = a negtive review
Blue = popularity rating
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:03:49 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Kalkaph
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »

- Bleach
Bleach... no one is sure as to why it was called that, but it is about the human Ichigo becoming a temporary Soul Reaper. Soul Reapers are those who guide souls to the after life in the Soul Society and the slayer of hollows, corrupted souls. Ichigo has always been able to see souls, but one day a hollow attacks him and he is saved by a Soul Reaper named Rukia. However later that night his family was attacked and Rukia was injured so she temporarily gave him his powers, but what she did was not allowed.

Bleach's first 20 or so episodes are fairly boring, but they do hold the necessary background information on all of the characters. From then on the series is very good with the exception of a few fillers here and there, but they never lasted long with the exception of one part that i never thought was a filler until after i had seen it. The Bounto Saga is one big filler, but i would still recommend watching it as it is a good filler.

The combat scenes in Bleach are very intense, however they go overboard with the amount of blood lost. No human being could lose the amount the characters of Bleach do. Also the main character does not always win his fights, he can lose.

There are currently 136 Episodes in Japanese and 45 in English.

- Trinity Blood
Trinity Blood is about a constant conflict between the Terrans (humans) and the Methuselah (vampires). There is a special group of holy people who each possess a special talent. Father Abel Nightroad is the main character, he is neither human nor vampire though. He is a being that feeds upon the vampires, a Crusnik. There are 4 in total but you only know of 3 in the anime as one died before the anime takes place. They are Abel, his brother Cain, and his sister Seth, the 4th was Abel's love Lilith, but she was killed by Cain.

There was a total of 26 episodes both in Japanese and English
Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:00:44 PM »

very nicely done thank you for the output i placed them both as postive responces unless youd like to change one...

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:14:22 AM »

I think what you meant by "Samurai Chimpalomo" Was "Samurai Champloo"?

Oh, sorry, I'll add to this later. >.>
Right now I'm supposed to be in bed sick.

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:03:16 PM »

Im hearing from people that are going to post reviews or good shows, but its not happening i would like to see other peoples opions thankyou.

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 04:33:07 AM »

Elfen Lied <- German for Elf Song apparently.

The anime series of Elfen Lied has been praised for its technical excellence in production quality, animation and color.Criticism has been leveled at both the Japanese and English dub for having sub-par voice acting in the first three episodes. Another criticism is that the series ends abruptly with some loose ends to the story that could leave viewers unsatisfied. Despite these criticisms, Western reviewers also describe the series as "really a genuinely good watch", "a horror series of exceptional merit", "certainly memorable" and "a very special show, good and bad parts taken into consideration". In the 2004 AnimeReactor Community Awards, fans voted the Elfen Lied anime as the Best Opening/Ending Combination, Best Drama, Best Thriller (Mystery/Horror), Best Fanservice and also voted Lucy/Nyū as Best Female Character. Also at the first annual American Anime Awards 2007 at New York Comic-Con, Elfen Lied was nominated for "Best Short Series".

The opening Theme sets the tone for this short 13 episode series. If you don't mind the odd bit of fan service, the story is good, the scenes are well drawn and the fight scenes are brief and bloody. Not quite sure who the good guys are for a while there.

Hellsing <- I guess the original DVDs not the series. <added to Lamma's comments>

Hellsing is unique in that it takes much of itself from late 19th century and early 20th century Western fiction. It includes themes primarily from H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu works and Bram Stoker's Dracula, rolled together with some fast-paced action sequences. The main characters are part of the Hellsing organization, which may have been inspired by the Lovecraftian Miskatonic University's Wilmarth Foundation, an organization formed for fighting demons and the undead. Cthulhu Mythos fans will appreciate the parallels. The name Hellsing is derived from Abraham van Helsing, and it has been indicated that the series takes place in the same continuity as the novel Dracula.

The series is different from many other anime/manga in that it focuses more on close-quarter combat using exotic guns, similar to the style of heroic bloodshed, with lots of jumping and diving.

Studio GONZO drew the thirteen-episode TV series intensely stylized and matched with an extensive soundtrack, scored by Yasushi Ishii, which mixes rock, blues and jazz with experimental elements.

This is Anime legend.

Awesome, well drawn, very stylish. Open theme music is very catchy. Too cool for words. A different take on the Hellsinge v Dracula relationship, set in the present. Expanded into a series which didn't appeal to me.

Princess Mononoke. - Mononoke is the third most popular anime movie in Japan of all time. :-)

It is a jidaigeki (period drama) set in late Muromachi period of Japan, and centers on the struggle between the supernatural guardians of a forest and the humans who need its resources, as seen by the outsider Ashitaka. "Mononoke" (物の怪, "Mononoke"?) is not a name, but a general term in Japanese for a spirit/god/monster of the natural world.

A feature length movie. Well drawn, nice story. Kinda Depressing. The good guys all die.

My comments + Wiki comments.

Awesome thread, keep it up.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »

i belive i have that movie, real good..
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:37:56 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 01:17:32 PM »

Oh, if you haven't seen this, you should.

Akira (アキラ, Akira?) is a 1988 Japanese animated film co-written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo based on his manga of the same name. The movie led the way for the growing popularity of anime in the West, with Akira considered a forerunner of the second wave of anime fandom that began in the early 1990s. One of the reasons for the movie's success was the highly advanced quality of its animation. At the time, most anime was notorious for cutting production corners with limited motion, such as having only the characters' mouths move while their faces remained static. Akira broke from this trend with meticulously detailed scenes, exactingly lip-synched dialogue — a first for an anime production (voices were recorded before the animation was completed, rather than the opposite) — and super-fluid motion as realized in the film's more than 160,000 animation cels. It is regarded by critics as one of the greatest animated films ever made.

Ewww, edit.

Ninja Scroll - Another oldie ... But worth a mention. Good story, nice fight scenes ... Ninja's kicking ass. :-)

Ninja Scroll (獣兵衛忍風帖, Jūbei Ninpūchō?) is a Japanese action thriller anime, set in feudal Japan, by critically acclaimed director/writer Yoshiaki Kawajiri who was best known for his previous thriller Wicked City (Yōjū Toshi). The character designs were done by Yutaka Minowa. The movie is an homage to Ninpōchō series, ninja novels by Futaro Yamada.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:27:19 PM by Tzarkoth » Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 04:54:26 PM »

if you pleace i would peffer you use your own reviews and not ones from other websites this is spaceo and the members of spaceo not wikidpedia and the members of that. i would peffer your words not someone elses

and ill probaly watch everything posted.. one at a time

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »

Basilisk

Summary-In a time when feudal lords fought for the glory of their shogun and when intrigue was rampant in the palace, two feuding ninja clans quietly waged a war of extinction.The Kouga and the Iga are two of Japan’s oldest and most powerful ninja clans. Tucked away in separate valleys in the scenic Japanese landscape, the two ninja ryu have fought a fierce war for over 400 years. No one remembers why the two loathe each other, but it’s a sentiment that has been passed down and nurtured through generations on both sides, just as if it were a family name or heirloom. The plan is simple: Kouga and Iga would each represent one of the emperor’s choices for shogun. A battle would be decreed and the next shogun would be chosen by whomever was left at the end of the ninpo war. That’s the official story. The unofficial story is the hopeful elimination of Kouga and Iga’s most fearsome fighters in a ninpou war. Kouga Danjo and Iga Oden, heads of each clan respectively, draw up a battle roster with ten names of each clan’s best fighters. The roster also represents the end of the anti-war pact that has restrained the Kouga and Iga from offing each other. The war pact now rescinded, the two ninja representatives speed away towards their valleys with news and the rosters. gennosuke and oboro unaware of any of this are the successors to the family heads: Iga Oboro and Kouga Gennosuke. The two were betrothed in the hope of unifying both clans. Although they had only met once before the betrothal, the two are now madly in love with each other and are eager to end the bitter hate between their clans.   

Thats about sums up this show rite now i think its only 24episodes in English  1

Inuyasha

Summary- Kagome is a modern Japanese school girl.  She has always been the sort who never really believed in myths and legends, even though her grandfather is obsessed with old stories, the family house is crammed with mystical talismans, and everything around her seems to have a legend attached to it.  But that all changes one day when a hideous, otherworldly creature pulls her out of her own world and into Japan's ancient past!  There she discovers more than a few of those dusty old legends are true, and her destiny is linked to one legendary creature in particular--a dog-like half-demon called InuYasha.  Once in the past, Kagome discovers that she wasn't pulled into the past by accident--her very life is linked to the events of hundreds of years past by the mystical Shikon Jewel.Is she really an incarnation of a priestess named kikyo the one who bound InuYasha to a scared Tree for over 50 years and tried to kill him?   21

InuYasha has a total of 167 episodes both in English and Japanese  1   

Rurouni  Kenshin

Summary-Rurouni Kenshin is the story of a wandering samurai who uses a sword technique called the Hiten Mitserugi style, one of the most powerful and complicated techniques in the show. His name is Kenshin Himura but referred to as Botosai the Man Slayer. As a kid his whole village is murdered, and thats when he meets his master. His master leaves him with a choice to join him, and his master leaves the village. He returns to find that Kenshin had buried everyone with nothing but his hands. Years later during the war kenshin decides to go and fight.

Ten years later Kenshin finds himself in Tokyo in the Kamiya Kashin Dojo where he meets Kaoru. Soon after that a man named Sanoske and Yahiko. Kenshin gets into a crap load of fights with old enemies and some new ones. I don't want to name them all but here is a few: The Oni Waban Group, Soujiro, Jineh, and Shishio.

The fight scenes in this anime are excellent,not really sure how many Japanese and English episodes there are...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:38:39 PM by NightShadow » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:38:36 PM »

i knew someone would add Inuyasha, its really pouplar but i never was much intrested in it.. wasnt my kind of show i geuss 1

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »

Fullmetal Alchemist

Summary-"You can't gain something without sacrificing something else of the equal value. This is the principle of the equivalent trade."

The story takes place in an alternate world from ours in the early 1900's. Two young brothers, older Edward Elric and younger Alphonse Elric, live with their mother Trisha in the small village of Resembool. Their father left home when they were still very young, but Ed and Al inherited his passion for alchemy.

1909. On a fine day, Trisha dies of an unknown illness, leaving her two sons orphans. Ed blames his father for Trisha's death and wants to find a way to bring her back to life. At this time, Ed was 10, Al 9. When Edward finds out about flesh forging in an alchemy book that belonged to his father, he engages in an intense training with Al in order to be able to perform a human transmutation.

On February 1910, the Elric brothers cross the forbidden line trying to resurrect their mom. The attempt ends in a complete failure. In the process, Ed loses his left leg and Al his whole body. In a last try full of despair, Ed uses alchemy to restore his brother's spirit putting it in a suit of mail, at the further cost of his right arm. When Al wakes up in the armour, he suddenly realizes what happened and takes his unconscious injured brother to the neighbors, the Rockbells.Who put automail(mechanical parts)on Eds left leg and right arm.

After that day, the two decide to embark on a journey to find the legendary Philosopher's Stone, rumored to create anything from nothing, in hopes of getting back their original bodies.

I put in dates for you to learn there age and all some of the stuff i got from the web I'll admit  16

Trigun

Summary-Trigun is one of the greatest series I've seen so far. Trigun is about a rumored outlaw who could destroy entire cities just by passing through. It's only natural that a huge bounty would be put on his head. What everyone doesn't know is that this outlaw, Vash the Stampede is actually a kind hearted pacifist who is just misunderstood. The chaos happens from the people attempting to score themselves the bounty, causing destruction in their failed attempts.

Ranma 1/2

Summary-Ranma ½ definitely isn't for everyone. Why is this? It's simply outrageous, and though many try to copy it, none have been able to match the quirkiness. Basically, during training one day near some cursed springs, Ranma and his father slip up and land in separate pools of water. The curse causes Ranma to change into a girl when he gets touched by cold water, and his father changes into a panda under the same circumstance. This series also fits under the romantic comedy category, but it's certainly more zany than most other series. Laughs are guaranteed with this one. (to the above about trying to copy it if anyone watches it it looks like a fake InuYasha but was still good laugh

S-Cry-Ed

Summary-Kazuma is a Native Alter user, born on the Lost Ground with amazing powers. But the forces from the mainland have sent in HOLY to subdue the Native Alters and bring a new order, and Kazuma isn't about to take that lying down.

sorry if these are short i can add more if ya want  16 anyways thats a few off my head I'll come back with more later..

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

paranoia agent or whatever i liked that alot

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 08:34:32 PM »

-edit added pictures i hope pictures + reviews will help in seeing more of the anmie's plot and how its drawn 1

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 02:34:16 AM »

oh and Tzarkoth, you may be eggzagerating on the everyone dies in prinsess monokoe cause not everyone does in that show. not even close..

now if you want an anime were EVERY main character dies watch Wolfs Rain its a great show. depressing ending but a deffent 10/10 lots of good action comady and twists in it 16 and when i say EVERYONE i mean it  19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: