Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 01:38:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anime  (Read 89296 times)
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 04:14:15 AM »

Ok Lamma ... I guess the Blurbs from the Wiki overshadowed my comments.

Ninja Scroll - Its a Hero's journey. The main character is a Ninja. It's ultra-violent, has scenes that are definitely R18+ and in places somewhat disturbing. The fight scenes are awesome, Ninja v Ninja and Ninja v Demons. I haven't scene Wiked City by the same director, one of those tenticle sex type ones I assume from the cover.

Akira - I remember watching this pre Terminator II ... and thinking they could never nuke a city in a Hollywood type movie. It's a fast action paced adventure, with government types doing government things and weird mutants blowing the crap outa entire cities. The Hero is an average teenager with good motorbike skills and some Kung Fu. It's a clasic, well drawn, and for its time, amazing.

Report to moderator   Logged

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 01:05:28 AM »

after i sweep my computer and remove an extreamly deadly malware from my computer (blocks me for going to about 20% the sites i want to inculding youtube, amazon.com, ebay, tv.com (and many many more) ill see if i can figure out how to play up vedios here if i can and place something like an AMV (anime music video) for all the shows listed to get more on the quality and style of the anime..
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:30:14 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

NightShadow
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 04:20:59 AM »

Today i made a few more AMV's on Youtube From Kenshin to Bleach to Naruto alot anyways when you get it fixed lamma tell me  16

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »

not a figure of getting it fixed now its figureing out how to get the movie embedded, all i gotta do is find out if i can ask snipe to allowed the fourm to read html

[youtube]d4o53GqXZr0[/youtube]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Yx5fYqFqEM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Yx5fYqFqEM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 01:04:42 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Dylan Wolf
Private

Once upon a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »

Naruto Rules

Anybody for
Negima!?
Yu Yu Hakaso
"Blue Gene"  not sure about the last ones name i only saw it when i was seven but it was really good about robots and evil bugs if that helps stir anyones memory

Dont go to website yet im still workin on it stupid dial up!!!!!
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 01:32:03 AM »

the last one is blue gender, its already posted on the list ill add the rest, im sort of waiting on emi to imput a custum bb code to allow you to embed youtube on the fourms, so i can then place videos of all these..

0cossin77
Private First Class

^Hawt lol^

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »

-Tenjou Tenge
http://newphoto.1t1t.com/usr/5c/65564/1111378131_0.jpg
The storyline is kind of strange starting with a pair of street fighters coming to take control over a school via fighting but finishing mostly with a flashback leading up to that point explaining why they ended up fighting the enforcers or punishers for students that attack without provocation. The street fighters joined a club that helped train them so that they could get back at the enforcers for beating them up earlier. There really isn't much to say except there are a lot of good fighting scenes in it, along with a lot of clothing loss off of girls, or lack thereof in the first place. Good, quick watch though.

-Wolf's Rain
Wolf's Rain takes place in a future torn apart by a devastating winter causing most to live in poverty and where Wolfs are a fairytale and most people believe that they are extinct after being hunted down by humans 200 years ago. In reality, wolfs still exist and walk among humans, using illusions to make themselves appear human so that they aren’t killed. Kiba is trying to find a place called paradise, a place were supposedly everything is always happy, and possibly the last wolf to believe in the place. Along the way he finds a couple more wolfs to go with him on his journey, while getting caught in a major war between Jaguara's troops and the people. To get to paradise the pack must find the flower maiden, a girl created from a lunar flower, which will show them the way to paradise. Don't let the story fool you, there is a lot of good action scenes in the show and it is defiantly worth watching. There are 30 episodes including the 4 OVAs that were made as compensation for repeating episodes (16 - 20 I believe). Also keep in mind that it has a very, very sad ending. In addition, the ending almost creates more questions than it answers. I highly recommend that you watch it.

-Gundam Wing
http://www.pwnedlist.com/upload/uploads/Random/GundamWing.jpg
Gundam Wing starts in the year After Colony 195, 195 years after earth becomes over populated and starts colonizing space colonies, when 5 scientists build mobile suits made of gundanium alloy and train 5 young boys to destroy OZ, an elite branch of alliance peace keepers. The 5 boys and their gundams are sent to earth covertly disguised as meteors. The five Gundam pilots have no knowledge of each others existence and fight whenever they meet until they find out that their objective is the same and band together to accomplish it. There are 49 episodes in addition to an ending movie, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. Heero Yuy is the first Gundam pilot that you see, when his identity is first revealed to a girl who finds him passed out on the beach he attempts suicide with a small bomb in his suit for just that purpose, which doesn't go so well and doesn't work. Later on through the storyline you will find that the incident is more related to him than a malfunction with the suit and that he has a knack for living through ridiculous amounts of bodily damage. Also, he seems to have a death wish most of the time. The Mobile Suits are also very special and sometimes show their own personality, mainly with Quatre's. The overall anime is excellent, and quite enjoyable. There is tons of great action scenes and a simple, easy to follow story. Enjoyable all the way through.

Need a sig? CLICK
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 09:36:20 AM »

good reviews and thanks for adding in the pictures so i didnt have to find them 1

reamber if your finding pictures for a new anime not listed find a small one (no more than 300 X 250 pixles peffered) and one that shows the animie characters in it (a few at least 1 )

and good think i left you to post on wolfs rain lol i wouldnt of made one near that good for it 1

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

Anime is evil...  16

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 12:28:31 AM »

-Anime Videos for most the anime on this list now avaible. warning spoilers may be included, but its still good to get a better view of maybe what its about, its quality and weather its worth watching. all the videos are good (not crap ones) took a long time to find them all 1

Moonlightdragon
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 03:48:35 AM »

ok... you asked Lamma so here are a few....

and coz your so lazy  16 I added the image links aswell  16  15

Escaflowne

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7872/escaflowne28mb2.jpg

Hitome, a school-girl, wishes she could fade away from the world. Her wish comes true as she is transported to a different world where she is a goddess. She is befriended by a a rag-tag clan of militants opposing the military might of Lord Vulcan; including his brother Van. She must call forth the dragon armor in time to defeat the minions of Lord Vulcan

Spriggan

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6964/sprigganjq7.jpg

Review from IMDB because I am too lazy 13

Yu is a young man who has a past he desperately wants to forget. His present is that he is a superhuman top agent for Arcan, an organization dedicated to protecting ancient artifacts to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. However, he receives several bloody messages, culminating in the suicide of a friend, telling that Noah would be his death. In response, Yu travels to Turkey to visit the Arcan dig at Mount Arrat, where Noah's Ark is supposed to have rested. Along the way there and at the destination, he learns of forces of his past have returned to stop him and sieze control of the Ark, which turns out to be an alien device of ultimate power

Appleseed

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7582/appleseedhm7.jpg

found a better review....

Set at some point in the distant future, Appleseed finds the world ravaged by yet another war, and the survivors continue to fight battles amongst the ruins of Earth’s cities.  Deunan Knute is one of these survivors, a young woman who has spent her entire life fighting.  When the film opens, her squad has just been wiped out by a group of robotic assassins.  Despite some fancy legwork, she’s about to join her teammates when she’s rescued by another group of soldiers utilizing technology unlike anything she’s seen.

When Deunan awakens, she finds herself in completely different surroundings.  She’s been taken to the last remaining human city, a veritable utopia named, appropriately enough, Olympus. Her rescuer, a young woman named Hitomi, reveals Olympus’ secrets form peace—the city is actually controlled by a supercomputer named “Gaia” and half the population are actually clones called “bioroids”.  Since bioroids’ emotions are carefully controlled, they aren’t prone to the same passions as real humans, and so act as a buffer and mediator.

Naturally, however, some aren’t too happy with this state of affairs.  Fearing that bioroids are in a position to control humans, a group begins striking back at bioroids, destroying their repair facilities and planning to unleash a virus that will kill all bioroids.

Deunan, whose combat skills are so renowned that they’re even known in Olympus, is quickly recruited into Olympus’ police department.  There, she is reunited with her old comrade and lover Briareos, now a faceless cyborg due his wartime injuries.  What seems like a simple terrorist plot soon evolves into something much more insidious, and soon Deunan is facing betrayal at every turn, even from her closest friends

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:09:47 AM by Moonlightdragon » Report to moderator   Logged
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2007, 04:45:53 AM »

How cool was Elfen Lied Lamma ? :-) Right up there with Hellsing imo.

And can someone do a better review of "Appleseed". All I see is the cover art, though it has me interested.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Moonlightdragon
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:35 AM »

sorry I didn't have time to write a better review  16
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »

as for reviews there was on exception but i wont accept any reviews not done by the person themself..

and erm moonlightdragon, i said a link would be find lol... if you give me a picture i have to save it to my computer, find it upload to an external sight, then use the link i get there.. its just faster if you send me a link to the picture ready to use.

Moonlightdragon
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

I resized the pics to your standards, and then just uploaded them the imageshack, no biggie, so whatever 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: