Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 08:05:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: just hear me out...  (Read 3597 times)
dark2250
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:41:19 PM »

Ok....heres an idea show us a little bit of what happened i mean i know that there is the words but just seeing words is kinda boring like show me pics and maybe not sounds. another thing give us like millitary options like to build turrets or shields on the motherships. and thats about it..
Report to moderator   Logged

I wish I had a laser sword that can shoot all the other laser swords
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 09:46:09 PM »

Mothership defences have already been suggested, I believe, but it's good to bring it up again.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »

i dont like it makes the game to complated... read the news emi will be putting in pict soon \ read

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:32:21 AM »

I am to the point where I could care less about the pictures or whatever. it is all just flash.  the top 10 cant even do missions about 10% without loosing a weeks credits easy.  and now even 1% missions are wiping out armadas and fleets.  I know I have been at the design table for weeks now trying to find the right combination of stats to win.  Guess what there is no right combination.  I have tried differnt fleet mixes, hit ratios attack ratios defense ratios.  nothing works. max shields super heavy hitpoints balanced ships nothing. with missions as they are I DONT CARE.  IF it does not get fixed soon I will find some other boring thing to occupy my time with since this is just frustrating the not good out of me. and the icing on the cake was making missions cost 15 turns. now I cant recover from a loose in a day or 2 even because I cant do the 1% missions required to buy 1 ship little lone an entire armada.  I have been steadly loosing power for a bit now.  I have emptied my stash that I had not touched till I hit 1 billion power. now it is all gone.
This had better get resolved and soon before any of the other not good. or it looks like many of the top 10 will be leaving to find better pastures.

If I modify will it show a change in the post time time is 5/6/06/ 04:20 my time
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 05:21:15 AM by Gunfighter Frank » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:12:26 AM »

This has been resolved. Go to the bugs section, a thread called a call for a change in missions or something like that.

And if you need animated pictures to play this game then don't play, because A) people with dial0up would have to quit since animated pictures can take FOREVER to load on dial-up, and B) the mark of a good browser based game is that you enjoy playing it without it looking all flashy....heck, that's the mark of a good game period!

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »

no luffy, he is not refferring to that at all.  the thing is that at the begginning, you have things working towards you, but as you go higher, 1 thing in missions after another starts working against you.  a VERY good example is swarm bonus.  doing 50 mil missions, you don't need to worry about it as much, but when you are doing 1 bil missions, you have 1 mil+ enemy fleet numbers, with HUGE swarm bonus.  theis swarm bonus is, of course, not taken into account for the fleets power, and thus making the fleet MUCH harder then what it should be.

hey, gunfighter, if you are having that many problems, maybe you should try start designing a swarmer with very high defense and very high ABS, and very high ACC.  then just go off of those.  then, when they are sending in 1 mil fleets, they are going up against your own fleets using the same exact advantages they are trying to best you with.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 11:24:37 PM »

um, ars, where in this post:
Ok....heres an idea show us a little bit of what happened i mean i know that there is the words but just seeing words is kinda boring like show me pics and maybe not sounds. another thing give us like millitary options like to build turrets or shields on the motherships. and thats about it..
do you see anything about improving the game to work with you later on? I'm refering to the original post, not gunfighter's.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 03:58:36 AM »

mokey you dont read very well. and you dont look at times items have been posted. and I hate to say that that did belong here and it was not solved when you siad it was.because you had no idea what was going on. SInce it was not affecting you. and ars what part of I have tried all resonable designs didnt yoiu get.  and when the AI can get 100 times the cost of your fleets it doesnt matter what you fly.  Especialy when your own exact ships kill you.  even though your CPs should make them not win and should kill them or at least make a stand off.  But it does not matter now.  it has been reduced. and Luffy and ars if you ships are so good well luffy I suggest that you start doing those 50%+ missions since it is fixed and yoiur ships are so good.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »

I do 10%s, and those are good enough for me. you guys said no misions were doable, or nothing over 1-2%s, 10% is over that, and Sir Emi did fix them. 50% is suppose to be hard, it's not suppose to go, "Oh here, have a huge amount of credits for no work or very little". If you don't like it, quit. Frankly, I don't see any problems with the system anymore, and no pun intended there.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: