Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 19, 2024, 06:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: bug with black hole. and others :(  (Read 9561 times)
Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2007, 02:25:57 PM »

I am very sorry but i try a many yars ago try to learn programing in basic, and litle try to rule Asembler and machine codes.
I strongly disagre so that and others info aren´t bugs.
Im realy sorry i study computer automatization, and have some knowledge and mainly profesionaly work as customer support more than 5 years.
It is do not mean if is calculator enabled or disabled.
I still learn about mechanic this game and seemed bee buggy.
Yes this game is great and great idea.
But fleet have 20% loses and finaly to see 0% losses it it not corect value. Enemy fleet say about 15M when i go to misiun and it bee decreased but it is too not much clear.
Because i many tymes try and atack to black holes especialy. Every time i atack more stronger blackhole my revard been more often weaken than standart easiest 15M blackhole.

There is realy need more balances for better play of game and more enjoyment from playing this game when it play newbies or not profi elite players. I see there many many ships that look abandoned or have some suspicions about some cheating players that have multi account.
i am interested too in what opinion can player have experience bonus to have more hitpoints.
And Green, red, yelow leters fleet and what it mean?

And finaly every proces that are more randomized - have larger distance values can to do more space for bug or errors that are very badly repairable.
Report to moderator   Logged
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 08:12:18 PM »

If it because normaly the reward grows when doing stronger encounters, but when the encounter gets weaker you will get a lesser reward then stated. So for blackholes that mean you will get 100 turns but if you only face 75% from the total fleet power it said to have you will only gain 75 turns. Just how it is.

Sometimes the % are not correct but as far as I have seen never in your disadvantage.

And having multiple acounts is allowed and therefor not cheating.

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »

ya multi account is not cheating.. you may even want to get another one just to experiment and learn things with it

Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:13:41 AM »

If it because normaly the reward grows when doing stronger encounters, but when the encounter gets weaker you will get a lesser reward then stated. So for blackholes that mean you will get 100 turns but if you only face 75% from the total fleet power it said to have you will only gain 75 turns. Just how it is.

Sometimes the % are not correct but as far as I have seen never in your disadvantage.

And having multiple acounts is allowed and therefor not cheating.

Im sorry but that as you say i do not much times to see. And i disagree.

You lost 10.944.008/76.735.040 fleet power (14%), while the enemy lost 7.954.371/15.879.996 fleet power (50%)

Primary Objective: Destroy 31% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada then the enemy.

Incoming transmision!
Thank you for your help commander, you have been awarded 500 experience.  500 experiences is maximum what i can receive. And i am not destory 100% of fleet.

or check this its realy crazy in every aspec. Yes if you like anime may be you like this. But in anime can one person destroy more overpowered or outnumbered fleet.

And finaly what do you try say on this?
You lost 15.028.216/59.307.448 fleet power (25%), while the enemy lost 6.611.245/15.412.493 fleet power (43%)

Primary Objective: Destroy 31% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada then the enemy.

Incoming transmision!
Thank you for your help commander, you have been awarded 100 turns.
Unidentified Fleet(#0) lost more power than you during battle.

Do you say about that so i am these numbers suck one's thumb?

Please do not me try blame again.  4
Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:17:20 AM »

ya multi account is not cheating.. you may even want to get another one just to experiment and learn things with it

oh realy not cheating?
you are crazy man.
I some days back been atacked by two players that can look as one player ships design similar only positions are diferent and names been too similars.
Test you say? Ok when he test on test server.
It is great boost have two accounts and play both.
You have 2x times more turns you have easy one farmer ship and you main ship can easy farm that farmer and boost money on bounty.
Styll is not cheating?  12 21
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »

Please read more carefully,
I said if you FACE 75% of the estimated power it said to have. Like you do an encounter saying to be 4 bill FP, and when you do it, it only has 3 bill FP then your reward will only be 75% of the estimated reward.
In this how much % you DESTROY has no influence, aslong as it is above the minimum requirement for succes.

You may have as many accounts as you please, but you have to play all as seperate players.
Therefor you may not:
-Attack one player with more accounts from yourself if it aint counters
-Attack your own accounts with the purpose of gaining profit of it (killing your own accounts because they are in another alliance is allowed)
-Share resources between accounts
-Anything else how one of your accounts benefits from the other

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:34 PM »

oh realy not cheating?
you are crazy man.
I some days back been atacked by two players that can look as one player ships design similar only positions are diferent and names been too similars.
Test you say? Ok when he test on test server.
It is great boost have two accounts and play both.
You have 2x times more turns you have easy one farmer ship and you main ship can easy farm that farmer and boost money on bounty.
Styll is not cheating?  12 21

the test server only exists when there is a need to test a major function before implementing it into the game without disrupting normal game play, toherwise it does not exist.

And if two players with similar names REPEATEDLY (meaning more than 5-6 times, which is normal) please either post the logs in the report abuse section or pm them to emi and explain what is going on so he may look into it. having multiple accounts is NOT cheating, however certain ways of using those multiple accounts are.

And man on stars, the ways your are suggesting people are using multiple accoutns the cheat are nearly impossible to do, as you would require  a lot of free time to truely gain anything from it.

also, no matter how good the code, bugs WILL happen. My friends father is a college coding professor, and he has said that the coding in this game is quite good. There's nothing wrong with the coding, merely the normal bugs that will happen, and we need to find so emi can fix them. This game is still a work in progress, not a finished product.

//edit: also, when a moderator/admin locks your thread, do NOT create a new one about the same thing, there is a reason your topic was locked, and repeatedly doing so will result in a possible ban from the area and/or forum. FTP is a very capable head moderator, if you have a problem with him locking one of your topics, PM him asking why it was locked, i'm sure he'll be happy to explain.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 08:20:02 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »

sorry
But FTP you do not read me carefuly.
I read you last post more than 4-5? times when can able understand you answer but is that same.
Why people here not comunicate normaly? Most people i do not undestand what they say.

Yes i have Dyslexia nad Dysgrafia but this is only one place vhere i have problem understand and others have problem understand? WHY?

About accounts i thing  read when i make one so it is one acc per game alowed.

All stats that i show you mean - so always 100% of fleet been in battle. That where not all fleet atacks i do not say because it is rare for me and not have much suficiend informations informations.

OK about cheating you wrote only about idiost or cheaters that have only need some waste time.

If i doo this you do not able say so i am make one of these thing.
I have one AC and if is target for me interesting atacking him that many times how i can able atack him and receive interesting revard for me. And do it repeatevly if i can.
There is many things that i can do as multi AC and you may do nothing.
I can say too so that second account play of my brother for example.

Ok now at you Moneky.

Im sorry but if i do not understand speech of moderator and he do not understand me? That FTP write and close my ask, doing me very Angry. Not ask me not answer me.

It is no mater how many times atacks. I am been atacked that times many times and do it that same as revenge or if receive interesting reward for me. And i am alone one player. They can atack more times when i do not move to hide nebula. 10

I am werry sorry but that about free time that you say is totaly lie and missinformation. I need for play this game only no more thatn 1hour per day or two - it mater what i need to do at moment. As you read i say so i work as customer service support games are my bussines and i am specializing in space strategies and some simulators. I say no one there play or try more space strategies and simulations than I. Not it not any swanking itself it it only real facts.

I knew many abouch cheating and others not fair wais of plaing these games. I litle cooperate on another web games and directly speak with authors because they are been by work colegues.

No i not agre about coding and bus. It is absurdity. If you make much bugy game you lose you fame and nobody play or buy you game. Mainly in gaming bussines it this verry important.

Yes i knew it i see it so this game is still under develops.

But there is a loot horrible things that make for me and not only for me game terrible. And it is easy way to see how many players are registered and how many players play this game.

That is all taht i need to say.

And as i say about bugs i still stand about my word. I am not some dumb idiot that like harassing others. And mailny i hate liars and desinformators. And my final word about this thread. How many of yous like and undestand how play Master of Orion 3 PCgame, how many you have original and play or try play this game more than one or five times? And finaly how many of you enjoy that game?   Opps wounded1 10
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:50:07 AM »

The other topic you opened has no question just an attack log were you couldn't spot a bug, if you dont understand what I wrote please be more clear which parts you didnt understood as then I can try to be more clear.

Sorry for not reacting on your past post but I dont understand what you mean.  21

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »

sorry
But FTP you do not read me carefuly.
I read you last post more than 4-5? times when can able understand you answer but is that same.
Why people here not comunicate normaly? Most people i do not undestand what they say.

Yes i have Dyslexia nad Dysgrafia but this is only one place vhere i have problem understand and others have problem understand? WHY?

About accounts i thing  read when i make one so it is one acc per game alowed.

All stats that i show you mean - so always 100% of fleet been in battle. That where not all fleet atacks i do not say because it is rare for me and not have much suficiend informations informations.

OK about cheating you wrote only about idiost or cheaters that have only need some waste time.

If i doo this you do not able say so i am make one of these thing.
I have one AC and if is target for me interesting atacking him that many times how i can able atack him and receive interesting revard for me. And do it repeatevly if i can.
There is many things that i can do as multi AC and you may do nothing.
I can say too so that second account play of my brother for example.

Ok now at you Moneky.

Im sorry but if i do not understand speech of moderator and he do not understand me? That FTP write and close my ask, doing me very Angry. Not ask me not answer me.

It is no mater how many times atacks. I am been atacked that times many times and do it that same as revenge or if receive interesting reward for me. And i am alone one player. They can atack more times when i do not move to hide nebula. 10

I am werry sorry but that about free time that you say is totaly lie and missinformation. I need for play this game only no more thatn 1hour per day or two - it mater what i need to do at moment. As you read i say so i work as customer service support games are my bussines and i am specializing in space strategies and some simulators. I say no one there play or try more space strategies and simulations than I. Not it not any swanking itself it it only real facts.

I knew many abouch cheating and others not fair wais of plaing these games. I litle cooperate on another web games and directly speak with authors because they are been by work colegues.

No i not agre about coding and bus. It is absurdity. If you make much bugy game you lose you fame and nobody play or buy you game. Mainly in gaming bussines it this verry important.

Yes i knew it i see it so this game is still under develops.

But there is a loot horrible things that make for me and not only for me game terrible. And it is easy way to see how many players are registered and how many players play this game.

That is all taht i need to say.

And as i say about bugs i still stand about my word. I am not some dumb idiot that like harassing others. And mailny i hate liars and desinformators. And my final word about this thread. How many of yous like and undestand how play Master of Orion 3 PCgame, how many you have original and play or try play this game more than one or five times? And finaly how many of you enjoy that game?   Opps wounded1 10

there's your problem, this isn't a game that uses normal strategy like other PC games. Things you consider bugs are suppose to be the way they are. and for your information, I have MoC3, and I've beaten it. I also of MoC2 and the original MoC, and have beaten those as well. They're strategy is DIFFERENT than what is required for this game. As for your insulting the moderators, and other players, you need to stop, now. If you have a problem with the game's code, take it up with Sir Emi, I'm sure he'd be happy for your input. otherwise, you have no reason to complain. I turst Emi with coding more than I'd trust you.

And also, yes with a FINISHED product, bugs are bad. But people realize inan UNFINISHED game, bugs are to be EXPECTED! There is no such thing as a game without bugs, it does NOT exist. And any great game had bugs while it was being made. We're basically beta testers, we're testing a game before it's finished and released. I'm not sure you get what that means, so I'l spell it out in big bold words for you.

Bugs will happen, are to be expected, and reported to be fixed!!! you're comparing this game to WoC3, when they are nothing alike, and WoC3 is a FINISHED product, while SO is NOT finished, not even close! If you don't like the game, don't play, no one is forcing you to stay. SO is one of THE MOST POPULAR BROWSER BASED MMORPGS out there, so obviously Emi is doing SOMETHING right!

My advice? Quit complaining and learn to play properly, or quit.

and btw, I'm a profession gamer, so I know buggy games, and SO isn't buggy. It has errors and bugs, but notign compared to other finished games.

Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:22:34 PM »

Im still sorry bud you do stil do not read me.
Please try this read realy carefully and give it that time to understand. I try now best as i can doo to say for better understand and now is clearly space for comunication.

I suppose bug if i atack some fleet that use all of his pover. Example 15 Mio i atack it and he atack with 100% of fleet power. I beat 43% of that fleet and receive maximum reward.
Right?
ok
Now i have to do atack fleet that have 25 Mio and he atack with 100% of fleet power. I able beat 100% that power but why i do not receive maximum reward? My both loses been minimal.
At first example receive full 100 turns and that second i receive only 34 turns.
My fleet power on that misions are similar.
I do not understant this in any logical thing.

You are profesional gamer? Right. I am profesional gamer too - games are my bread. I comunicate and speak with many game developers. Operation Flashpoint, Mafia, and many others. I made a loot of betatesting - as i am european and from europe - i do close not publics betatests as WOW end but mainly close Beta phase 2, LOTRO, and many others and web based games too and many diferend kind.

I play games more than 20 years. It is about from Year 1985/86. I made testing and beta testing games about 7-8 years. And finaly i makind customer technical support in my country for about 6 years for two now only one distribution company.

Im sorry i dont know what is WoC???
And I wrote about Master of Orion 3 and how much enoy that game when you playing it. Because in sales and rewiews receive bad score. I do not understand it much and try it play more than 4 times to instal game and try play it many tryings.

I play, try play, tests more than 50 diferent space strategy and simulation games. I thing not much exist space strategy that i do not saw. And in games world i play/try or test more than 3 000 diferent games on diferent platforms. And about 300-500 games i finished without any cheats.

Yes i agre this game is diferent and hybrid, but i see there problems - much random calculating and it is game only for hardcore numeric strategs that not calculate about every power point bud make haste and be first at top positions and do not able to aces other players there.It is easy standart point of every masively strategy game.  19

I do not able say if i like or dislike this game i still survey it and try understand. And finaly more than game alone is what player comunity play this game. This is my second and more deeply try. You can see my first try if you find player manfromstars with out spaces.  ;) But i dont know if i am in game may be yes but not login it, only when i have my memory problems when i made clear instalation of Windows. 1

Am sorry but what mean popular game? As profesional player you say, you must know so there is many rewiews that been payed by big companies and game receive high score in rewiew and make good sells. That secred of how good is this game is Voting proces. Look there are 19 wotes you like need more turns and some more money click here and vote.
Im sorry that smell as old fish. You vill like see sucefully Web based games? Look example at that games play more than 50 000 active players not only active accounts and where games not give hunt for woting. I realy good know marketing practics.

Yes you advice is right but show my learning how i can learn it. And please do not use alibistic join some aliance that can learn you, or something as read forums and faq and others. All that i already try and done. I been in aliance but nobody comunicate. And pay for this game is not able because i am not rich and not still not know how long can try play this game.
I have some minor my design succes mainly some swarmers because i find some players designs and able reproduct from them how can work. But it is good only for starting game not for midle game or ending game.

Only one thing. I realy do not make harassing other people here, only try to do best for beter game and more players come and stand play this interesting game not only try and go avay.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 07:33:11 PM »

I suppose bug if i atack some fleet that use all of his pover. Example 15 Mio i atack it and he atack with 100% of fleet power. I beat 43% of that fleet and receive maximum reward.
Right?
ok
Now i have to do atack fleet that have 25 Mio and he atack with 100% of fleet power. I able beat 100% that power but why i do not receive maximum reward? My both loses been minimal.
At first example receive full 100 turns and that second i receive only 34 turns.
My fleet power on that misions are similar.
I do not understant this in any logical thing.

Your example is none existing in the other topic you posted the battle report.
while the enemy lost 10.360.634/10.360.634 fleet power (100%)
Encounter dont show up lower then 15 mill power so you can see you might have destroyed 100% of his fleet, but not all fleets showed up. On missions it indeeds tells you that a % of the fleet didnt showed up but not on encounters.

Yes i agre this game is diferent and hybrid, but i see there problems - much random calculating and it is game only for hardcore numeric strategs that not calculate about every power point bud make haste and be first at top positions and do not able to aces other players there.It is easy standart point of every masively strategy game. 
I know several players who were not good in calculating things, when they needed something calculated they would ask players like me. And still those players managed to get top positions. You can call it random calculating but it realy isnt I worked out almost every formula in this game and everything is pretty constant. Ofcourse missions give an enormous variety of possible opponements but you do not have to be hardcore to find out whats best. For me yes I do calculate about everything in this game, I like that part very much.

If you need help to learn this game you should try to contact a more experienced player and ask personal assistance, I will be gone for a few days so I wont be able to help you know, but personal lessons are the best you can get.

Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 03:33:49 AM »

OK im sorry its my fault. But next time i made better reporst.
But i hate looooong posts.
I thing so it is knew to i do not post some that i do not suspice as bug.
Im that as you see is error about percent lost my fleeet.
Ok i try hunt better but it´s near to imposible when there is that big random factor and found suficiend black holes or others is hard. Mainly when you are few times repeatetly destroyed by one of top ten players and you not have much power for bigger blackholes.
may be make another mistake because my bad memory and milions informations from thousand other games.

About random calculations i made detailed report for better understand.

I already talk example with Frank and he a lot help but much unsuficient for me. There is language bariers as you can see alone.
I vrite some times and as when best players can show me their designs. It it only easies way for me how i can hurry uderstand about mechanic game. They thing so i also only copy their design and use them.  OMG!  roll3
As i many times say so it will help if somoe whrite easy shor description and designs - as somoe make shields. That make armur and how big ships, what most of that best players use or dont use. In game is very misguided thad predesignet huls and acesories. On that base and tuorial i thinked so this game using some similar realistic data and space is tonage or cariage and not only some number. It´s easy understand if you like or litle study example Navy ships - clases, tonages, veapons, roles, technologies and others. If you can bee realistic technics use cariage that constructs used in space, i thing it is litle diferent because there is not calculating with earth gravitation that make items diferent in weigth. As diference how easy is move automobile on road and that same automobile on rails.

On misions in ship misions is very hard and on space misions?
yes if you have money and nobody atack you it is easy make that misions. Because you need minimaly 3-4 fleets to that mision can be sucefully done.
But that cost very much credist. And i dont know i am cursed man bud every time i build my first big ships that cost 3 or 7 bil i lose them because mision generated that power ships that i canot beat withiout my loses.
If i repeat mision i do not know what bee next. It is terrible to plan strategy. In mainly when nobody with lifecare mind not make atacks without scouting.
I need more mision filtering. Because i am on mision lvl 11 on non pvp game but my power able now complete only misions on lvl 1-2 sometime maximaly on lvl 3 but use that filter is totaly nightmare for me. it is click click click click click click click ha there is interesting mision that is not much away and that i can make. click - click click i chose all ships - click roll roll roll it is realy big meno of oponents fleets. ah mision unsuceful - click click (use IE back arrow) click and make atack - it is imposible because 3 seconds or mision is unavailable, click i use some turn and nothing to do any atacks but my ship velcome me, ok click to mision, click to filter click to search that 2lvl mision that i prewiously chosen and repeat clicks clisck again again. This is first game where i made that much clicks and most ot that clicks are  waste. There can do game interface more efective and more player friendly.

OK i say again i still need help with playing and understand mechanic game but i need it in way that i can easy understand and that way as i say. That mean need see from top players their armadas fleets - swarmers, big ships and see their equipment and after that we can discus about other aspec. But still i first time may be use some that design but only for demonstration and after make my own design that i like.
And now i try hunt that informations as you ask, i hope so have luck. But taht vill take long time and i do not know how long. It is depend how much i been lucky.   laugh but i am a most time not lucky man.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 05:29:35 AM »

What language do you speak so you might find someone who speaks the same language as you do.

Man from Stars
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 07:13:34 AM »

sorry it is imposible, ve already try to found. 10
only about cca 10milions people on the world can speak in my native language, and my native language is very hard to learn. And if here play somoe from my conutry he leave this game very soon.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: