Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
March 28, 2024, 05:22:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: posible adjustment for the missions  (Read 4717 times)
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:01:17 AM »

as you are growing in power you see little ships and some bigger ships, but the way things are now these fleets can get bigger and bigger instead of just sending bigger ships it sending more swarmers. to extent this is fine but 20 million tiny men is ludacris. we need a way to out grow ships. when you are only 20 mill power you cant go against a massive ship with huge attacks, because you would get slaughtered. thats like a rank 100 going against a rank 1 or 2, and going against 20 mill tinymen is the same thing yet its allowed. so i propse a limit to the number of ships in any given fleet that you face in missions. ill let you do the mat my brain is fried cause its 4 in the morning. but if this is implemented it will make it possible to outgrow the very fleets that are holding so many poeple back from riseing higher and getting their chance at the number one position. any feedback would be much appritiated so that i at least know how good an idea this is.
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:32:27 AM »

I like this idea, but a limit would also have to be put on the commanders too, just to be fair.

BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:56:04 AM »

it's the best ideea on the forum for now, congrats  8)

Beter alive then dead ;)

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

Yea, it is a good idea, but we can't have missions limited at say, 300k ships, and then commanders no limit, cause then the ame ship vs the same ship only you have more would wi, so the limits would have to be both ways. But yes, it is the best idea on the forums right now.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:21:14 PM »

hmmm...  I don't think that was what he was saying actually, and although that is kind of a good idea, I believe this is what he meant: (which is probably 10x more complicated to put in that what youa re saying)

as you grow in fleet power, the enemy ships can only go so high in number before going to less, bigger ships.  so instead of facing 10 million small swarmers, you face 1000 super giant ships.  so in effect, it would never work out that you would face the same ship but they could not have mroe then you, because if you had more then they did, it would simply go up to a bigger ship and not use what you are using anyway. 

and luffy, if sir e did that, he may as well do what I have been suggesting all along, re-do swarm bonus's.  let me explain: (and this is example ONLY, not using actual numbers that would be used)
let's say swarm bonus stops at 1 million total fleet space, and you have a 50 space ship, and there is a maximum of 10000 ships in 1 fleet.  it would come out that the max swarm bonus if that 50 space ship could only come at 20000 ships in a fleet.  but wait, the maximum ships allowed in 1 fleet is 10000, so the swarm bonus only coming at ships 10001 to 20000 is completely wasted because it is no impossible to get because of the max fleet size, and therefore might as well never design anything less then 100 space, because otherwise you are reducing space for no new swarm bonus.

now, I am not saying this WOULD be a problem, just it COULD be.  even at 300k ships, anything below 10 space (being about 100% of tinyman by the way), meaning a total fleet space at 300k ships of 3 mil space, would just mean a smaller space ship with no new swarm bonus.  now, if the limit is like 3 million ships or something, then ya, this would never be the case.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Drackin
Corporal

the world is like a marble, roll with it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:57:56 AM »

yes i agree with ars.. this would help even out the difference between swarmers and big boats

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »

I was giving an example ars, like you. I didn't mean set it at 300k ships, I just picked a number to use for an example. But the ideas are good, so lets hope something comes from them.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 05:45:04 PM »

ya, I was just saying that before someone doesn't do the math and says "ya, 300k is great!"  then come to find out it wasn't all that they that it would be.  lol, ya, I know it was an example.e

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:51:23 AM »

K, just making sure. I say around 2 million-4 million would do.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: