Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 27, 2024, 11:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 15turns/mission ? here's my solution/suggestion  (Read 7779 times)
Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2006, 07:12:24 AM »

We have mission rewards segments , credits and workers , how about makeing rewards some Fuel a.k.a. turns ? 15 turns a mission reward 25 turns , you get a final result +10 turns , this way you dont depend on the turns , you can make your own , but if you fail the mission that will mean 15 turns down the drain.
Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »

this is a good idea.  you can make turns like you have said be 10% for like 25, 20% like 35, 30% like 45, etc.  1% or too easy missions for turns could be a bit over the top.  another suggestion would be a CP or commander ability that can reduce trun cost for missions, it is caped at 5 turns min  and would cost like 3 slots per turn reduced.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:31:08 PM »

Not a bad idea, but since top players get beaten in simple 5-6% missions now, it will not solve much
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:45:56 PM by Lightseeker_Eu » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

I like this idea, it would definantly solve a lot of problems, and even add more to the game. It could be set to wrok somewhat like segments, only you don't see any turn missions until the 10%s and the lowest it can be is 15 turns, which would equal out (therefor doing those missions gives you experience and rep) Even making a commander ability that would reduce the cost of turns would b cool, but it would have to have a lower limit, say around 50%-65%, that way you don't get to do missions for like, 3 turns or something like that.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:18:53 PM »

well, IF I am seeing what I THINK you ar saying, there is only one thing I can say:
NOOOOO!!!!
no, and no again!!!
you CAN'T be serious!
my reason: you spend 100 missions on these and get back 1000 turns for free, plus what you started with, and in essance, could possibly GO ON DOING MISSIONS INDEFINETELY 24/7 WITHOUT STOP OR SLOW DOWN, EXCEPT FOR WAITING FOR MISSIONS TO RESPAWN.

in short: good idea, but just not practical in the light of the above mentioned reason.  besides, you can already do turn missions, they are called black hole encounters, and are worked out VERY nicely

btw: always wanted to do that  laugh

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »

Ars, we'd limit it so you could gain all that much more, so you couldn't do missions forever, but I see your point, none the less, something like this would be a good idea.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 11:20:19 PM »

lol.  I hope no one took offense from that, as I said, just always wanted to do that 1

but anyway, ya, you would need limit somewhere, and the other thing is we ALREADY HAVE encounters that give turns.  why can't you do those?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 03:08:26 AM »

E you are an extremest.  you say you are going to add items that take turns.  then you go and make missions and attack take 15 turns.  way overboard.  We made some complaints about no missions. what do you do make it take 3 times the turns to do a mission.  why didnt you just try do double it or as suggested make the respon more missions at a time or respawn a mission when a mission is done.  I like this game because you listen most of the the time to suggestions that will improve the game.  I love being able to design my own ships. I like the market. I like that you can do missions and bounties. what I really liked was being able to sit and play for hours because I had the turns to do so. or if I didnt have hours I could just extend my mothership.  now the game is unbalanced again. why because those with the lead can just sit and by everything on the market and then buy ships, people or what ever, and just keep growing from a few missions and just extend thier mother ship. while those at the bottom cant compete now because they cant put in the time like before and do the missions. that is unless like a few poeple with deep pockets pay for the turns and credits and segments.  I used to be able to sit and recover in a few hours from a lost ship or fleet. now I cant for the simple reason I dont ahve the turns to do it.  Yes it is annoying to have someone doing speed missions and for the missions to be gone in a few minutes but we can wait a couple minutes and there are more missions.  now you cant even play the market to make credits because there is not a thing on the market to buy at a profit with so many buying it all up.  and no matter how I design a ship I keep running into armada killing fleets in the Green.  I can remember when these same ships could do a 200% mission and live, maybe not win but live.  now they get out numbered and out spent buy 10- 100 times the cost of the entire armada on a regular basis, on green missions. they are not suppose to be armada killers, they are not even suppose to be fleet killers.  a few loosses yes but entire fleets! a 7% mission is not suppose to kill 75% a regular armada that has been doing 20% missions for hours with no looses.  there is something very wrong with this picture.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 06:12:54 AM »

I lost a ship in a 3% mission, and it was facing some very cheap swarmers... the more I climb the lower I can do; guess 1% is all that's left once u get a few bills ship power... this is not just extreme, but totally wrong! notworking
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »

Maybe you haven't seen it yet, but all these troubles are allmost the same as the once we had with the tinyman.
The only way to win missions now is to make very strong ships (billions attack and hitpoints, max abs and acc) and put those in very small hulls.
I know because when you look at the power formula then you see that attack, hitpoints, defence and space determine the total amount off power a ship has. So you can lower the power off a ship by simply using a very small ship hull. This would cause ships to cost extremely much but I think it is the only way to defeat missions. If not, then there will come a point where you won't be able to do any missions anymore. So missions are very unbalanced.
I know everybody is whining about the 15 turns/mission but changing that won't solve the problem because if you can't win the missions what is the point off being able to do more then. The 15 turns/ mission would be perfectely allright if the missions would be easier. So I agree that something has to change, but it shouldn't necesseraly be the 15 turns that needs change. Fix missions first and then we'll see.

Btw: Gunfighter Frank, I'm sorry for taking the number 1 position. What you said allmost sounded like you were blaming me. I tell you, I have nothing to do with these changes. And I also didn't take advantage off the changes, I'm still playing the same way I did before the changes and I'm sure I would have taken the 1 position also without the changes. I don't know if I will be able to keep my position because the round has only just begun. New changes might screw me or someone else, it's happened before and it's happening again. Don't blame me. I am very glad I made it to number 1 spot and I'll try to hold it as long as possible. I don't have gold account and I don't donate, I'm just a very good player. I think I am the first person to proove that you don't need a gold account to be able to win. It's all the strategy that does it.  happy

ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 07:44:28 AM »

And also the 15 turns thing actually is a real improvement.
1) Many more people can play the game because everyone can do less missions and that means we are less online. Servers can handle more players without need off more servers. Purily a fix to decrease game cost, normal thing for emi to do.
2) The fact that you need far less time to play the game, results in hopefully less people quiting the game. Because now also people with very limited time can still play the game to it's full extend. Basically, you don't need lots off time in order to get in or close to the top. Playing good depends less on time and more on strategy now. And strategy is what this game is all about. Not speed and time.
3) everyone is able to do the missions they want because more missions are left, it's become allmost impossible to do all the missions available. So everyone has the same opportunities and possibilities which is good for the game balance.

Disadvantage, those who played this game for several hours a day will have to find something else to do. But I think real life offers enough nice leisure to be able to fill those empty moments.

And don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying this because I'm on top now. I'm really trying to be objective here. Looking at pros and cons. I think I can understand Sir Emi on this perfectly. But what I think that needs changes is the difficulty off the missions. Because that's where there is a real problem. People with little power will not yet have encountered those troubles as much as the top did. We can see that clearly when you look at the bounties. High ranked players loose missions and ships constantely resulting in highly negative reputation. That is a simple fact.
So I suggest that emi fixes the difficulty off the missions. Missions are supposed to be used for TRAINING fleets. If you allways loose then it isn't a training anymore. Because the difficulty increases faster than the speed at which players improve their skills.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:54:00 AM by ronald » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 08:26:28 AM »

ronald I am not blaming you or anyone.  however, with the number of segments you have I am sure you can see my point about just staying on top without doing anything but playing the market and extending your mothership and continue to add to your fleet so noone can touch you.  you make as much if not more off the market and extending your mothership than even the the rest of the top 30 can make the old fasion way and since you dont have to risk your ships you keep growing while the rest are mostly stagnant.   I dont what to see anyone else reset for being to big, but I would like to be able to have a real chance to take some risky missions to catch you with at least 1% chance of success heck if I do any mission above 10% I am assured to loose at least 1 fleet and above 20% I might as well just throw my armada away.  IT is not a risky mission it is a suicide mission. As I said I can remember these same fleets doing 200% missions and surviving maybe not wining but surviving,  I have not seen any missions over 100% being in the news since early last round.  this should say it all.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ronald
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 08:43:16 AM »

Right, missions are way to difficult. And I tell you, I don't need to be reset, I've done nothing abnormal. I didn't even change the way I play. I am still playing the same as last round and as before the changes were made. I don't see what I do differently from what wizard off war did or others that had number 1 position. Only the way I did it is different. I play the market, others donate and get lots out off missions. That are the options you have in the game. What can I do about it.
I say, fix the mission difficulty and a lot off the problems will be solved. It won't be a solution for everything but it will be a good thing to start with.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:45:08 AM by ronald » Report to moderator   Logged

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 08:47:55 AM »

I think the missions are not as they shoud be , the AI is taking in calculations fleet power not money cost , wich should be the other way around ,

here's the proof

http://www.forum.spaceodyssey.biz/index.php?topic=280.0

a better proof

« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:56:45 AM by Ricu » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »

wow alot... dang... and you didnt even could the cost of the fleet above it...

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: