Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 25, 2024, 04:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Prologue of a book I am working on  (Read 8935 times)
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »

I have started a book about space odeysey and would like opinions, suggestions, critisism, and would like you to tell me what names you wish for your mother ship and commander. This will be mostly from the Teufel Hundens point of view, but I would like to know how other commanders and alliances would like to be portrayed.  Give me a brief description of your commander, and his/her/its attitudes, brief history, how he/she/it came into command of a mother ship.  Remember that mother ship commanders are all mostly huminoid and keep to the game premise please. That means only the oldest of the mother ship commanders might have even seen a real planet. addition this means that if your ID# is above 5500 there is noway that you could even have been concieved on a planet,  unless you have one really good story. However, that probly wont even make the book.

The Teufel Hunden
a Story of the Space Odyssey

Prologue

Aboard the mother ship ”Gunfighter 1”, the Commander, Frank, sits in his command chair on the bridge contemplating how the galaxy came to the state that it is in. At one time, according to the elders, the history archives, and Franks own distant memeroy the galaxy used to be full of planets and abundant resources. For some reason the galaxy went to war over the resources and the galactic populations. This war caused the creation of the Stellar Converters, a weapon so powerful it could destroy a planet. The planets must have been very fragile. Lucky for the galactic populations, space travel was prevalent and we had mastered travel to the planets in short relative times with the advent of hyperspace travel. It still took many months and sometimes years to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other, therefore, life support systems and environmental systems with all a population needs to live a healthy life had been developed. Without those systems our current struggles would be meaningless. Those lucky enough to command mother ships have now become the guardians of the galaxy. We protect the population from pirates, and the new Reaver threat.

What do the Reavers want? One day they just appeared all over our galaxy in many massive ships that make our largest mother ships look small.  There terrifying mother ships, that have what appear to be tentacles that rip through our ships like butter, disgorged trillions of ships and those ships that we did not destroy with their mother ships spread like locust through our galaxy.  It appears that they are congregating at the best deposits of resources.

With the new Reaver threat, the mother ship commanders have a common cause. The Reavers are not from our dimension. The Reavers appear to be a race of intergalactic or dimensional travelers that use up all the resources of a galaxy and then move on. They have great mother ships and vast numbers. However, they seem to be spread out and disorganized for the most part. This is where the mother ship commanders come into play. It is a mother ship commander’s job to collect the resources and galactic populations to their mother ships and defend them from the Reavers and other pirates. As a whole, the galactic populations want to be able to rebuild the planets and live in peace like the elders and history have spoken.

With the ultimate goal of rebuilding the galaxy, the number of mother ships and commanders are growing with each attempt of the so called Dooms Day devices to rid our galaxy of the Reavers. It has become apparent that all mother ship commanders do not share the same goals or political view as to how the resources should be divided and who should control them. Thus, some of the mother ship commanders have begun building their own Dooms Day devices to reset the galaxy to a state like it was before the planets were destroyed. Somehow the devices end up destroying all but the most hardy of the mother ships and those that do survive are just a shadow of their former states. This leaves the galactic populations alive and scattered along with their resources.

Many times for Frank, the commander of “Gunfighter 1”, this has been like history repeating itself. Every time a device is activated some of the technology that was gained stays with the mother ship. Frank is the leader of one of the most respected and oldest of the galactic alliances, the Teufel Hunden. He is contemplating how the small Teufel Hunden alliance will be able to convince the many other alliances, both great and small, to unite and bring the galaxy back to its former self.

According to legend, the Teufel Hunden alliance descended from what was once called “The Presidents Own” back on old Earth in the United States of America. Of course, now the Teufel Hunden are some of the best merchant warriors and engineers in the galaxy. They use trade with other alliances in order to grow and assist the galactic populations by adding the scattered populations and resources from the galaxy to their mother ships. The Teufel Hunden do this to protect its own mother ships and their populations and in an attempt to rebuild the galaxy.

Frank's thought process was interrupted by his Tactical Officer. “Commandant we have just picked up a massive mother ship hyper-wave. We have identified the ship as being the CRX of the Gunit alliance and she is launching her fighters”. After being jarred back into reality by his tactical officer, Frank starts to access his neural link to the Gunfighter 1 by checking the data and status of her systems while stating, “Give me a full analysis of her complement and time of intercept. I want options in less than a quarter of that time. Scramble all fighting ships, alert all our Marines, and have Major Johnston meet the senior officers in the briefing room in 20 minutes.”

Frank then turns to his Comm officer with that pained look he gets when other mother ship commanders start attacking each other and tells her to open a channel to the CRX, knowing all along that the CRX will attack anyway since the Teufel Hunden and the Gunit have been at war for over 5 years now. “ Send the following message to the CRX. CRX you are hereby ordered to recall your fighters and leave Teufel Hunden space. You will be fired upon and destroyed if you continue in on your current course. End Transmission.”

Frank then turns to the Liaison Officer and states, in no uncertain terms,” Get all the civilian personal locked down in their quarters, then get the bio-farm sections ready for battle and possible ejection into space to make sure they are not lost completely.” Since “Gunfighter 1” houses over 100 trillion civilians as well as her crews, this is of great concern to Frank. The bio-farm sections are harder and harder to come by with even more mother ship Commanders in the galaxy.

After a quick look at the system holo map and the quadrant galactic maps Frank begins his walk off the bridge toward the briefing room.  While on his way to the briefing room Frank contemplates why the CRX and the Gunit continue with this useless war, since the Teufel Hunden have virtually destroyed all but 3 or 4 of the 63 Gunit mother ships.  The Teufel Hunden have offered fair terms for peace.  In fact very generous terms considering what the Gunit has done to the rest of the Galaxies Mother ship and their commanders.

The new paint jobs and extras in the other wise stark corridors are a nice improvement from the older battle scaring a few years ago. But with the extra population and segments salvaged from most of the other Gunit mother ships the Gunfighter1 can spare the extra resources to make the ship more like home.  Even with the scarlet and gold colors this is still a warship.  Even with all the factories, bio-farms, warehouses, and civilian segments attached. These ships were designed to be able to transport entire armadas with every thing they needed including mining equipment and factories for support of troops in order to take entire systems from one end of the galaxy to the other.

Entering the briefing room, Frank, Takes in all the seats and the displays in the massive room.  The briefing room is more of an auditorium than a room there are well over 1000 seats in this briefing room, with all the equipment that the officers will need to access the briefing and give their input.  The seats were already full with the officers waiting for Frank.  All the fleet commanders and their staff, and all the other department heads were present as well.  As Frank entered, one of the people in the briefing room boomed, “Commandant on deck” and all the personal conversations stopped and every person in the room snapped up to attention.  Frank waved his hand and said “at ease”, while thinking that this snapping to attention for him was not deserved, however, Frank knows that it is a sign of respect but more than that a sign that the business at hand is about to start and lets everyone know to give their attention to the person speaking now.

Frank began to speak with his informative voice,”As you all know the last four time the CRX and Gunfighter1 fleets have met in battle the only thing accomplished was that both fleets expended enough ordnance to create a small nebula with negligible damage to either fleet. You all know that we CAN NOT afford to continue the battle in this manner.  Therefore Major Johnston, the engineering teams, and the intelligence staffs have come up with a radical plan.  The intelligence division has acquired the design specifications for the CRX ships and give them to the engineering division.  Under Major Johnston's instructions the engineering division has created a new generation of hull penetrators that will be able to carry the first wave of Major Johnston's Marines aboard the CRX capital ships and mother ship through their shields, in order to allow the rest of the boarding parties to board the CRX ships.  People everyone listen up and listen up well we only have one shot at this attempt.  We will not be able to afford to try this again if it fails, and if it succeeds but poorly we wont be able to attempt this on the other Gunit mother ships for over 3 years.

“I want full sensor sweeps, and all communications recorded. I want all battle data we can get people. I want all Marines to have recorders and full sensor sweets. This operation will cost us a great deal in manpower and resources, so I want all of the CRX ships captured, NOT DESTROYED. I also want as many of the CRX personal captured as possible.  I want their computers intact, and I want all the information they have on the Reavers.  Now Major Johnston will give you all the details about what his Marines need of you and your ships.”
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 11:34:13 AM by Gunfighter Frank » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »

nice, mostly just skimmed through it but it looked pretty good
Report to moderator   Logged

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »

A great start, looking forward to the battle scenario 1

crx
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »

yeah looks great Frank  1 might want to put in how i took down wizmat before my final defeat should make for good reading  19
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 06:25:27 PM »

Well, upon a more complete review, I have noticed some minor grammatical errors, and as for paragraphs there should be a new one every time someone speaks; due to the fact its formatted for the forum it should be all good..... If you want me to I'll go through the finished(or near finished) version and see if there's anything wrong with it I will have no problem doing so.

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:23:37 PM »

If your taking help, then sign me up.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Revan
Lance Corporal

In game name- Jace

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 05:42:18 PM »

Thats great Frank, right now i'm also working on a spaceo Time line that will tie in all the stories. So if you could make yours tie in with Lammas (just so it dosen't conflict) that would be great. Oh and yeah if u need any help i'd love to get in on the action.

~You should know by now... I can't die.

~Forgotten Ancients- With us the fate of the galaxy rests...
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »

this story will be based on the actual SO timeline as it was played out over the rounds,  from my joining of the game.  I will be pulling from the other stories that have been posted here  using a creative linces but this is mostly from the TH point of view.  Thus most of the main players in the story will those that have had a large involvment with the TH throughout the game.  other background on commanders them selves would be appreaciated.  However, I am attempting to keep to the base premiss of SO but make it interesting to the non SO player as well.  yes a tough gig.  As far as Lammas story I have not read it and not sure which one you are talking about since I have been around longer than lamma.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Revan
Lance Corporal

In game name- Jace

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »

Srry i ment Monkeys/ Seithers i don't know why i typed lammas. The time line i'm working on is a work in progress. If u could give me a history lesson that would be great.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 06:04:38 AM »

Please forgive me, I'm quite bad at this. xP
my commander is
known only as "zephyrblade"
age 100? o.o
Something of a greenhorn.
Um, Loyal I guess, to the FA.
Not particularly skilled, put trys to help allies. xD
He gained posession of his mothership ("The Imperfection") by discovering it ruined in a lost temple, and patching what he could of it. (>.>  Is that ok?)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:42:22 AM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

awesome dude... respeckta  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »

Wel heres my history... http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,2789.0.html
lol i would sum it up for you but not until im done.... it would give away the ending 16

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 01:38:19 AM »

wait wait, noone took down wizard except the guy that stole from his paypal ish thing account (not paypal) alot of money.. and he quit

oh.. oh wait before i started..

major players involved in TH.. i think i may be in there alot *whisles* oh oh add me in as the collaspe of TH :p
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 01:53:17 AM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Revan
Lance Corporal

In game name- Jace

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 07:30:34 PM »

Commander: Jace
Alliance: Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, Forgotten Ancients
Current Alliance: Forgotten Ancients
Attitude: jokes around, likes to annoy other people.
Weapons: Heavy repeater blaster, dual 21st century Earth pistols.
Appearance: sandy/dirty blonde hair, eyes- black
Other: right arm and both leg bones are titanium from injuries.
History: Jace forged an alliance called the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, with several other commanders to promote galactic peace. Over time it grew and got stong. But other Alliances with the same goal had risen to a even greater power makeing the GA insignifiant. While this was happening the great Alliance only know as the FA(Forgotten Ancients) returned to the known galaxy after recovering in the outer voids. It would be by coincidence or fate that he would end up serving in the ranks of the legendary FA. While out on patrol he came under attack by a group of pirates, because of a recent war all he had were drones to make the enemy think he was stronger. But this only made things worse, they attacked in even greater numbers and nearly destroyed his mother ship. Barley alive, his ship adrift it was a FA patrol ship from a FA fleet that ran across his battered ship. They rescued him and, ended up meeting the leader of the fleet mrtimbr, The commander of the FA. While being cared for in the med bay they found out he was only half human and half Ancient or what they called Aeron. Makeing him a decendent of the FA people. Jace ended up giving command of the GA over to another commander, and joined the ranks of the FA where he faithfully serves. And is the official diplomate of the FA and is in charge of recreating the United Nations.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 07:43:26 AM »

Commander: (I have no idea for "Lammalord" seems a bit inappropriate for a name in a book)
Mothership name: Valusion
Alliance: Dooms Day Defenders, Skum's Dump
Attitude: mostly unknown (secretive), cocky, brags a lot, good smooth talker, sneaky (backstabber)
Weapons: i dont carry them, thats the soilders and ships jobs
Appearance: suspisious, like im always hideing something or have one more trick, black hair, dark green eyes, slim
History: Who knows how the hell a kid came into control of such a large and dangerous fleet but it happened. At the age 15 this kid was a slave worker brought in from a collapsing planet forced to work for a mothership to help bring in credits. but it wasn’t his idea in 3 weeks of being captured he escaped into the air vents of the space base and worked his way into section were the mothership docks to transfer credits.  Though smooth talking he convinced a guard to let him carry goods onto the mothership and snuck onto the ship. He used his small size at the time as an advantage to sneak though the vents and listen into sergeants and many other generals talk amongst themselves he found out many nasty things and memorized every generals weakness.  after just 6 months of spying he slowly, though the mothership mainframe, released notes describing the horrible austerities and corruption each of the motherships leader's top men committed. One by one the commander executed his closest generals to appeal to public option until one day he was left with nothing. At the age of 16 the same kid lead a revolt reviling he was the one to discover the horrors of the commanding officers and to the better good captured and killed the commander taking over the ship for his own control. Just days after gaining command of a mothership he was sent a request from a great commander offering a spot in a small but quickly moving alliance called Dooms Day Defender. He accepted this request for any help he can get would of further improved the trust of the workers who just rebelled against a mothership for his command.

Current Appearence (years after taking ship) long black thin hair, green eyes, dark appearance, suspisious, slim, avarage hight of a 17 year old...
Other: battle torn mothership and Flag Ships with burn markes and scars of the previous battle left uncheaked. (think of a pirate ship back in the day... battle torn :p)

-frank should know the basics on the rest :p

btw, nice layout reavan :p
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:33:21 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: