Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
April 28, 2024, 11:15:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: just a question  (Read 5374 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:47:25 AM »

Anybody knows, whats the best way to treat insomnia? 2 2 2

Thank you in advance. 17
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »

okay come listen to my old english teacher lecture.. that will put you asleep

Asria
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »

LOL! Or my history teacher.

Monotone: "Pull out your books, read, and shut the **** up."

Surprised he's now the principal of the school. o.o;
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »

Drugs...or so Ive been told

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:46:41 PM »

just dont sleep for five days then compleatly pass out on the floor lol 16

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 11:22:57 PM »

Before Bedtime

1. If you aren’t very good at sleeping at night then don’t succumb to day time naps. Don’t take an afternoon nap or siesta. Get up early and stay up all day, tiring yourself out is a key to a restful sleep and can establish a routine that your body clock will understand, this includes going to bed at a reasonable hour.
   2. Avoid caffeine after dinner. This doesn't mean just coffee or tea it includes chocolate, and soft drinks too; opt for a milky drink instead.
   3. Take a warm bath. This can help the body to relax and remove tensions from the muscles.
   4. Take time out to relax before bedtime. Mellow out for an hour or so before you intend to sleep, even taking an hour or so of quiet time before you try to sleep. Find a method that suits you, such as reading or meditating; remember nothing too mentally stimulating.
   5. Increasing your exercise levels is another way to help regulate sleep patterns. Take a morning or evening walk on a daily basis. Just by slightly increasing your exercise level, you can help yourself get to sleep quicker at night.

During Sleep

1. It might sound like a cliché but try counting. The age old trick of counting backwards from a thousand with your eyes closed can work. Get comfortable under the covers, close your eyes, and start counting.
   2. Don't stare at your alarm clock, focusing on how little sleep you are going to get. This will only raise your stress level, making it harder to sleep. It is often a good idea to cover your clock so that you cannot see the display.
   3. If you can’t sleep there is no point lying in bed thinking about it. Get up find yourself an activity to carry out such as reading a book for half an hour to an hour. If you try again, you may finally be able to sleep.
   4. If you have something on your mind, save it for another time. If you save your worries for bedtime it will become almost impossible to sleep. Focus on soothing scenes and pleasant emotions at bedtime. Save your worries for the next day.
   5. Play a soothing relaxation tape or CD, usually the gently soothing relaxation qualities of nature sounds can help. Let the sounds of the beach, forest, or a rainstorm lull you to sleep. Remember to play it at a low volume, this is just background music.
   6. Practice self relaxation, do this by controlling your breathing. Take full, deep breaths. Feel the oxygen fill your lungs and feel your body as it pulls in and pushes out with each inward and outward breath. Then start with a few simple tension and relaxation exercises. Starting with your toes and working your way up to your head, tighten and loosen all of the muscles in your body in sequence. At all times telling yourself over and over whilst you are doing this; that you are getting very sleepy.
   7. Make sure that the temperature in your bedroom is not too uncomfortable for sleep. If it's too hot, or too cold, you are bound to toss and turn. Find a comfortable temperature for sleeping and set your heating at that temperature every night before bedtime.
   8. Use your bedroom as its intended purpose, for intimate time with your partner and sleep only. Don't watch TV in bed. The bedroom is not the place for work, so don’t bring laptops or work papers to bed with you. This will only confuse your body into associating this environment with work and worry; and not sleep and relaxation.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 02:04:08 AM »

Good strategies, although most of teh meditative stuff only results in me stayin up even later (and thats when i get it right lol) yawn
and yea just trhow your alarm clock under your bed and forget about it.....

i have a whole bunch or relaxatin music if anybody wats it...just message me 16

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 03:15:55 AM »

some people like the sound of a fan.. sometimes i just turn the tv on and mute it.. theres a kind of hum or something even when its off that puts me to sleep..

Paul_T
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

A large hammer, or baseball bat, get a friend to hit you on the head really hard each night, I wouldn't mind that music myself, I always have problems sleeping after doing the evening shift, and wake up even more tired than I went to sleep, and I'm usually pretty knackered, lol.

It is naught but a myth that the sword strikes true from cold hearts.
SnipeDragon
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »

Preform a reset...I have had to do it multiple times (over a large period), here are the steps:

1.  Get Energy drinks, and anything else that will keep you awake.
2.  Stay up all night for one night.
3.  Don't do anything too active the next day (you want to fall asleep at a normal time for you).  Eventually you will get tired enough to fall asleep however don't do it until you reach the time you want to go to sleep normally.
4.  Its good to play a CD during your sleep (I know Silver said it, but it is good).

This works for me...my Doctor told me about it because I have suffered from insomnia before, it isn't fun 10
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »

Just send an email to me if you want it.... ill have to search my hard disk forst tho   Opps

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »

Yeah, listen, thank you all, the counting worked perfectly.  5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

Thank you all for your suggestions and time.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: